SIDBI Assistant Manager Examination-2015
Held on 24-1-2016
Directions- (Q. 1-5) Refer to the graph and answer the given questions.
1. The total number of people who travelled by both the given trains together on Tuesday is what percent more than the total number of people who travelled by both the given trains together on Thursday?
2. What is the average number of people who travelled by train P on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?
3. The number of people who travelled by Train Q on Friday is 20% more than the number of people who travelled by the same train on Thursday. What is the respective ratio between the number of people who travelled on Friday and those who travelled on Saturday by the same train?
(A) 6 : 11
(B) 6 : 7
(C) 5 : 7
(D) 3 : 5
(E) 5 : 9
4. The number of people who travelled by Train P decreased by what percent from Monday to Wednesday ?
5. What is the difference between the total number of people who travelled by Train P on Monday and Sunday together and the total number of people who travelled by Train Q on the same days together ?
6. The respective ratio of curved surface area and total surface area of a right circular cylinder is 3 : 5. If the curved surface area of the right circular cylinder is 1848 cm2, What is its height ? (in m)-
7. Jar A and Jar B both contain mixture of milk and water. Jar A has 80 litres of mixture out of which 20% is water. The mixture in Jar B has 40% of water. The mixture from both the jars is poured in an empty jar C. The resultant respective ratio between milk and water in the Jar C is 5 : 2. What is the quantity of milk in jar C? (in litres)-
Directions – (Q. 8-14) Refer to the following Pie-Charts and answer the questions that following :
8. What is the difference between total number of female students in institutions C and D together and number of students (both male and female) in institute E?
9. Number of male students in institute E is approximately what per cent more than the number of female students in institute A?
10. Number of female students in institute B is what per cent of the number of mal students in Institute D ?
11. What is the central angle corresponding to number of students (both male and female) in institute A?
12. 2/3rd of the number of students (both male and female) in institute C are science graduate. If the number of female science graduate students in institute C is 68 approximately what percentage of male students in institute C are science graduates?
13. What is the average number of male students in institutes A, B and E ?
14. Number of students (both male & female) in institute E increased by 25% from 2011 to 2012. If the respective ratio of number of male and female students in 2012 in institute E is 5 : 6, what is the number of female students in institute E in 2012?
Direction- (Q. 15-19) Study the following graph carefully and answer the questions given below-
15. What is the approximate difference between the average number of students in the age group of 4-7 years from all the schools and the average number of students in the age group of 12-15 years from all the schools?
16. The total number of students studying in school H is what per cent of the total number of students studying in school I ? (Rounded of to two digits after decimal)-
(E) None of these
17. What is the approximate average number of students studying in all the schools together ?
18. The number of students studying in school J in the age group of 12-15 years are approximately what per cent of the total number of students in other age groups together from the same school?
19. What is the respective ratio of the number of students in the age-group of 8-11 years studying in schools H and I together to the number of students from the same age group studying in schools J and K together?
(A) 27 : 23
(B) 27 : 25
(C) 25 : 23
(D) 23 : 21
(E) None of these
Directions-(Q. 20-24) What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series?
20. 8 8 11 19 34 ?
21. 80 1 86.3 92.6 ? 111.5-
22. 16 7 6 8 15 ?
23. 3 4 9 28 113 ?
24. 126 62 30 14 ? 2
Directions- (Q. 25-27) Each of the question below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient to answer the questions.
Read both the statements and given answer-
(A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer were the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(B) If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(C) If the data either in statement I alone or statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(D) If the data given in both statement I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(E) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the questions.
25. Equals sum have been invested in schemes A and B for two years. Scheme A offers simple interest while scheme B offers compound interest (compounded annually). Both the schemes have equal rate of interest (p.c.p.a.). What is the rate of interest (p.c.p.a.) offered by each of the schemes?
I. The interest earned from scheme A per annum on the given sum is Rs. 545
II. The interest earned on scheme B after two years is Rs. 64.80 more than the interest earned from scheme A after two years.
26. What is the cost price of the table ?
I. The profit earned when the table is sold for Rs. 518 is double the loss incurred when the same table is sold for Rs. 315.
II. The marked price of the table is 40% more than the cost price. If a discount of 30% is given on the marked price, loss incurred is Rs. 8.
27. How much time will Train M take to cross Train N (from the moment they meet) running in opposite direction (towards each other)?
I. Train M can cross a signal pole in 12 seconds. It can cross 420 m long station in 25 seconds.
II. The respective ratio of speeds of Train M and Train N is 5 : 3. The sum of the lengths of Train M and Train N is 575 m.
28. The circumference of a circular field is 20 m less than the perimeter of a square field. If the radius of the circular field is 9 m less than the side of the square field, what is the cost of gravelling the circular field @ Rs. 50 per m sq.?
(A) Rs. 10200
(B) Rs. 9240
(C) Rs. 8342
(D) Rs. 6500
(E) Rs. 12920
29. Present age of Ram is equal to Syam’s age 8 years ago. 6 years hence, the respective ratio between Shyam’s age and Ram’s age will be 6 : 5 at that time. What is Ram’s present age ?
(A) 40 years
(B) 24 years
(C) 28 years
(D) 38 years
(E) 34 years
Directions – (Q. 30-34) What approximate value should come in p lace of question mark (?) in the following question ? (You are not expected to calculate the exact value).
30. 16 × √? + 60.05 × √63 = 2280 –
31. 99% of 500.18 + 60.97 = ?2
32. 012 ÷ ? * 19.95 * 3.01 = 350.15-
33. 4501 ÷85 ÷ √146 × 4.98 = ?
34. (1280.14 + 519.85) ÷99 = ?
35. A boat travels from A to B upstream and then from B to C downstream taking the same time. The respective ratio between the distance from A to B and the distance from A to B and the distance from B to C is 5 :7. If the boat takes 2 hours 30 minutes to travel a distance of 35 km downstream, what is the speed of the stream ? (in km/h)-
(A) 2 km/h
(B) 3 km/h
(C) 12 km/h
(D) 10 km/h
(E) 14 km/h
36. 7350 was partly invested in Scheme A at 10% p.a. compound interest (compounded annually) for 2 years and partly in Scheme B at 7% p.a. simple interest for 4 years. Both the schemes earn equal interests. How much was invested in Scheme A ?
(A) Rs. 5000
(B) Rs. 4200
(C) Rs. 4500
(D) Rs. 3150
(E) Rs. 6000
37. The height of cylinder is 14 cm and its curved surface area is 264 sq com. The volume of the cylinder is –
(A) 308 cm3
(B) 396 cm3
(C) 148 cm3
(D) 1232 cm3
(E) 529 cm3
38. A certain sum is divided among A, B and C in such a way that A gets Rs. 220 more than 1/5th of the sum, B gets Rs. 40 less than 2/5th of the sum and C gets Rs. 300. What is the total sum invested?
(A) Rs. 1300
(B) Rs. 1400
(C) Rs. 1200
(D) Rs. 1500
(E) Rs. 1250
Directions – (Q. 39-43) In the following question two equations numbered I and II are given you have to solve both the questions and give answers-
(A) If x > y (B) If x ≥ y
(C) If x < y (d) If x ≤ y
(E) x = y or the Relation cannot be established.
39. I. x2 – 8x + 15 = 0
II. y2 – 7y + 10 = 0
40. I. 2x2 + 9x + 9 = 0
II. 2y2 + 15y + 28 = 0
41. I. 2x2 – 13x + 18 = 0
II. 2y2 – 19y + 45 = 0
42. I. 2x2 – 19x + 44 = 0
II. 2y2 + 7y + 3 = 0
43. I. x2 + 7x + 12 = 0
II. 2y2 + 17y + 35 = 0
44. The cost of 2 T.V. sets and a radio is Rs. 7000, while 2 radios and one T.V. Set together cost Rs. 4250 the cost of a T.V. set is-
(A) Rs. 3000
(B) Rs. 3160
(C) Rs. 3240
(D) Rs. 4160
(E) Rs. 3250
Directions- (Q. 45-49) Study the following information carefully to answer the given question. In a college, there were 700 students in five specializations-Computer Science, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Bio-technology.
Out of the total number of male students in the college, 30% study Computer science, 15% study Civil, 18% study Electrical, 12% study Mechanical and the remaining students study bio-technology.
Out of the total number of female students in the college, 35% study computer science, 5% study Civil, 20% study Electrical and 15% study Mechanical. There are 75 female students in bio-technology.
45. The number of male students in Bio-technology is what per cent more than the number of female students studying in the same course?
46. What is the respective ratio between the male students in Computer science and the number of female students studying in the same course ?
(A) 15 : 8
(B) 13 : 9
(C) 8 : 7
(D) 10 : 9
(E) 12 : 11
47. What is the difference between the total number of female students in Electrical and Mechanical together and total number of male studying in the same courses together?
48. The total number of male students in Civil and Computer Science together are what per cent of the total number of students (male and female) studying in these two courses together?
49. What is the average number of students (male and female) in Mechanical and Bio-technology?
50. A started a business. After 4 months from the start of the business, B and C joined. The respective ratio between the amounts invested by A, B and C was 6 : 11 : 12. If the C’s share in annual profit was Rs. 720 more than A’s share. What was the total annual profit earned?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: