Uttar Pradesh P.C.S Assistant Conservator of Forest Exam-2013
Held on 9-8-2015
1. Which of the following States has the highest percentage of Scheduled Caste population ?
(B) Himachal Pradesh
(C) West Bengal
2. Which one of the following States of India is the leading producer (over 90%) of Crude Mica ?
(D) Andhra Pradesh
3. Which of the following Centrally governed territories of India is largest in area ?
(C) Andaman and Nicobar
(D) Daman and Diu
4. According to Census 2011, which of the following is the percentage of rural population in the total population of Uttar Pradesh State ?
5. Which of the following writs is not specifically provided in the Constitution of India ?
6. Which of the following relief operations was started by the Government of India for the victims of earthquake which occurred on 25th April, 2015 in Nepal ?
(A) Operation Maitri
(B) Operation Punaravas
(C) Operation Rescue Victims
(D) Operation Sahyog
7. Which of the following qualifications is not required for the office of the President of India ?
(A) He must be eligible to become a member of the Lok Sabha
(B) Must not hold any office of profit under the Union Government or under State Government
(C) Must be a graduate of any recognized University in India or equivalent Foreign University
(D) Must be a Citizen of India
8. Who among the following was elected unopposed as the President of BCCI in March, 2015 ?
(A) C. K. Khanna
(B) Jagmohan Dalmiya
(C) Anurag Thakur
(D) Amitabh Chaudhary
9. Who is elected by single-transferable vote method in India ?
(A) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(D) Prime Minister
10. Who among the following received ‘Stockholm Water Prize Laureate, 2015’ award ?
(A) S. P. Uday Kumar
(B) Medha Patkar
(C) Aruna Roy
(D) Rajendra Singh
11. Which of the following pairs of countries became full members of ‘Shanghai Cooperation Organization’ in July, 2015
(A) India and Bangladesh
(B) Pakistan and Bangladesh
(C) India and Pakistan
(D) Pakistan and Nepal
12. Consider the following statements about the Directive Principles of State Policy-
1. They are borrowed from the Irish Constitution.
2. They are incorporated in Part IV of the Constitution.
3. They seek to provide social and economic base to democracy.
4. The State must compulsorily implement them.
5. All of them are Gandhian in nature.
Choose the correct statements from the codes given below-
(A) 1, 2, 3 and 5
(B) 2, 3 and 5
(C) 3, 4 and 5
(D) 1, 2 and 3
13. In the Constitution of India the Rights Against Exploitation is granted by the Articles. These articles are-
(A) Article 14-18
(B) Article 23-24
(C) Article 25-28
(D) Article 21-A-29-30
14. Fundamental Duties were incorporated in the Constitution on the recommendation of-
(A) Santhanam Committee
(B) Swarn Singh Committee
(C) Shah Commission
(D) Administrative Reforms Commission
15. Which of the following is the largest-produced variety of Silk in India ?
16. Indian artist Nekchand Saini, who died recently was well known for building which of the following ?
(A) Lumbini Park, Hyderabad
(B) RBI Building, New Delhi
(C) Rock Garden, Chandigarh
(D) Konkan Railways
17. Which of the two States of India has bus connectivity with Bangladesh from June 2015 ?
(A) Tripura and Manipur
(B) West Bengal and Assam
(C) Tripura and West Bengal
(D) Odisha and West Bengal
18. ‘Digital India’ programme was launched on-
(A) June 28, 2015
(B) July 01, 2015
(C) July 07, 2015
(D) July 10, 2015
19. Van-Mahtsava Week in Uttar Pradesh is observed from-
(A) 8th July – 15th July
(B) 16th July – 22nd July
(C) 1st July – 7th July
(D) 23rd July – 30th July
20. Pravasi Bhartiya Divas is celebrated in India on-
(A) January 1
(B) January 7
(C) January 9
(D) January 11
21. Which country was host of 7th ‘BRICS’ Summit held on 8-9 July, 2015 ?
(B) South Africa
22. According to the Constitution of India, a Right to Property is a-
(A) Fundamental Right
(B) Directive Principle
(C) Legal Right
(D) Social Right
23. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) came into existence on-
(A) 12th July, 1980
(B) 12th July, 1982
(C) 12th July, 1984
(D) 12th July, 1985
24. How many times has financial emergency been declared in India, so far ?
(A) Five times
(B) Four times
25. How many languages are recognized by the Constitution of India ?
26. What can be the maximum interval between two sessions of the Indian Parliament ?
(A) 3 months
(B) 6 months
(C) 9 months
(D) Not specified in the Constitution
27. Which of the following options is suggestive of the idea of protective discrimination in the Constitution of India ?
(A) Articles on Liberty
(B) Articles on Equality
(D) None of the above
28. The Indian Model of ‘Ombudsman’ is-
29. The place with highest amount of rainfall in India, is-
30. Who is the author of the Book entitled, ‘My Life My Country’ ?
(A) Manmohan Singh
(B) Atal Bihari Vajpai
(C) L. K. Advani
(D) Narendra Modi
31. Which one of the following cannot be dissolved but can be abolished ?
(A) Lok Sabha
(B) Rajya Sabha
(C) State Legislative Council
(D) State Legislative Assembly
32. Which of the following are the provisions of Article 75 of the Constitution of India ?
1. Minister’s shall be appointed by the President on the advice of Prime Minister.
2. The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the House of People.
3. The question whether any, and if so what, advice tendered by Ministers to the President shall not be inquired into in any court.
4. The salaries and allowances of Ministers shall be determined by Parliament.
Choose the correct option from the codes given below-
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) 2 and 4
33. Judicial activism in India is the result of several factors but the most prominent of these is-
(A) Political Corruption
(B) Over enthusiasm of the Courts
(C) Public Interest Litigation
(D) Failure of Parliamentary control
34. The functions of the UPSC can be extended by-
(B) Prime Minister
(C) Ministry of Personnel
35. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched ?
(A) Amendment Procedure – Article 268
(B) Duties of Prime Minister – Article 74
(C) President’s Rule – Article 365
(D) Inter-State Council – Article 264
36. The Chairman of which of the following Parliamentary Committees is invariably from the members of ruling Party ?
(A) Committee on Public Undertakings
(B) Public Accounts Committee
(C) Estimate Committee
(D) Committee on Delegated Legislation
37. Which of the following statements regarding the Constituent Assembly are true ?
1. It was not based on adult franchise.
2. It resulted from direct elections.
3. It was a multi-party body.
4. It worked through several committees.
Select, the correct answer from the codes given below-
(A) 1 and 2
(B) 2 and 3
(C) 1 and 4
(D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
38. Which amendment of the Constitution of India limits the number of Minister’s ?
39. Which one of the following bodies is part of the electoral college for the election of the President of India but does not form part of the forum for his impeachment ?
(A) Lok Sabha
(B) Rajya Sabha
(C) State Legislative Councils
(D) State Legislative Assemblies
40. Chief objective of pressure groups in India is-
(A) to attain political power
(B) to pressurize the people
(C) to pressurize the government for their interest
(D) to do social service
41. Who has framed the Constitution of India ?
(A) Indian National Congress
(B) Constituent Assembly
(D) Vidhan Sabha
42. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(A) Munda – Jharkhand
(B) Khasi – Meghalaya
(C) Mishmi – Rajasthan
(D) Lepcha – Sikkim
43. Which of the following are the features of Indian Federal System ?
1. Division of Powers
2. Separation of Powers
3. Independent Judiciary
4. Leadership of the Prime Minister
5. A written Constitution
Select the correct answer from the codes given below-
(A) 1, 2 and 5
(B) 1, 3 and 5
(C) 1, 4 and 5
(D) 2, 3 and 5
44. The democratic body at the lowest (village) level to rural local self government is called-
(A) Gram Sabha
(B) Gram Samiti
(C) Gram Panchayat
(D) None of the above
45. The present rural local self government structure is based on the recommendations of-
(A) Ashok Mehta Committee
(B) R. R. Diwakar Committee
(C) Balwant Rai Mehta Committee
(D) None of the above
46. The Swarn Singh Committee considered the question of-
(A) More autonomy to Punjab on the model of Jammu and Kashmir
(B) The suitability of the Presidential form of Government for India
(C) The precedence of the Directive Principles over Fundament Rights
(D) Administrative reforms
47. Which of the following countries has recently become the first ‘rich’ defaulter of the International Monitory Fund (IMF) ?
48. Kumbh at Nishik is held on the bank of the river-
49. Which one of the following countries won the Women’s Football World Cup 2015 ?
50. Recently, at Bengaluru , the Indian Women Cricket Team won the one-day series against-
(A) West Indies
(C) New Zealand
(D) Sri Lanka
51. S. Dulat, who recently repeated and exposed the old allegations regarding Kandhar Plane hijacking and 2002 Gujarat riots; is a former-
(A) I. B. Chief
(B) RAW Chief
(C) CBI Chief
(D) NIA Chief
52. Pappu Yadav, an M. P. of Bihar, has launched a new Political Party named-
(A) Jan Awam Morcha
(B) Jantantric Morcha
(C) Janadhikar Party
(D) Jan Samajwadi Party
53. According to Juvenlie Justice Act, 2015, the adult is now-
(A) 13 years old
(B) 14 years old
(C) 15 years old
(D) 16 years old
54. Who among the following was appointed President of International Cricket Council ?
(A) N. Srinivasan
(B) Jagmohan Dalmia
(C) Jaheer Abbas
(D) Mustafa Kamal
55. Who among the following flagged off ‘Bharat-Napal Maitri Bus Seva’ between Varanasi and Kathmandu in March 2015 ?
(A) Akhilesh Yadav
(B) Narendra Modi
(C) Rajnath Singh
(D) Mulayam Singh Yadav
56. What is average pH of human blood ?
57. Who among the following was the first to introduce the study of ‘Bhagawad Gita’ to the Muslim world ?
(A) Abdul Qadir Badauni
(C) Abul Fazl
58. ‘Sirr-i-Asrar’ is the Persian translation of the-
59. The ‘Pink Express Bus Service’ for women was started on February 27, 2015 between –
(A) Delhi and Jaipur
(B) Delhi and Chandigarh
(C) Delhi and Lucknow
(D) Delhi and Bhopal
60. Vinod Mehta, who died on March 8, 2015, was associated with which of the following weekly magazine ?
(C) India Today
(D) Business Today
61. Which of the following Central Asian Countries has recently agreed to supply 5000 tons of Uranium to India from 2015 to 2019 ?
62. Chinese ferry ship the ‘Eastern Star’ having more than 400 passengers on board capsized in which of the following rivers in June 2015 ?
63. Which of the following High Courts recently recalled its controversial order related to mediation between a rape victim and the convict ?
(A) Madras High Court
(B) Allahabad High Court
(C) Delhi High Court
(D) Bombay High Court
64. On 10th July, 2015, five Satellites launched by ISRO belong to-
65. In the month of April, 2015 which famous tower is Nepal was destroyed due to earthquake ?
(A) Victory Tower
(B) Dushdera Tower
(C) Clock Tower
(D) Dharahara Tower
66. The name of which one of the following women politicians of India is not involved in Lalit Modi’s tweet ?
(A) Pankaja Munde
(B) Sushma Swaraj
(C) Priyanka Vadra
(D) Vasundhara Raje
67. About 18 soldiers were killed by terrorists on 4th June, 2015 in which of the following States ?
(B) Arunachal Pradesh
68. The worldwide appreciation was earned by which of the following slogans of Prime Minister, Narendra Modi ?
(A) Selfie with mother
(B) Slefie with sister
(C) Selfie with wife
(D) Selfie with daughter
69. Which one of the following trains was renamed as ‘Yoga Express’ in June 2015 ?
(A) Haridwar Express
(B) Sadbhawana Express
(C) Nauchandi Express
(D) Ranikhet Express
70. Which of the following rivers of India does not originate from the Western Ghats ?
71. Where was the capital of the Kingdom of Shivaji ?
72. The driest location on Earth is in which country ?
73. Rivers in the Deccan Plateau flow from-
(A) West to East
(B) North to East
(C) East to West
(D) North to West
74. A member of a State Public Service Commission can be appointed and removed respectively by-
(A) Governor and Governor
(B) Governor and President
(C) President and Governor
(D) President and President
75. What is the name of Indira Gandhi’s Samadhi ?
(A) Shanti Ghat
(B) Shakti Sthal
(C) Shanti Van
(D) Shanti Sthal
76. Who is the author of the book ‘Nehru : A Troubled Legacy’ ?
(A) Kapil Sibal
(B) Sanjay Jain
(C) R. N. P. Singh
(D) Varun Gandhi
77. What is the new deadline announced by RBI to exchange pre 2005 currency notes ?
(A) 30 September, 2015
(B) 31 October, 2015
(C) 30 November, 2015
(D) 31 December, 2015
78. According to World Economic Forum, which of the following is the world’s biggest employer ?
(A) Indian Railway
(B) Chinese Military
(C) U. S. Department of Defence
(D) Indian Army
79. Which of the below mentioned High Courts passed a Judgement of inheritance of property for women of tribal area ?
(A) Delhi High Court
(B) M. P. High Court
(C) Himachal Pradesh High Court
(D) Jharkhand High Court
80. The last minute of June 2015 was kept one second longer, for a process known as-
(A) Leap month
(B) Leap hour
(C) Leap second
(D) Leap minute
81. Who among the following Chief Ministers is not head of any of the three sub-committees formed under Niti Ayog ?
(A) Prakash Singh Badal
(B) Shiv Raj Singh Chouhan
(C) Dr. Raman Singh
(D) Chandra Babu Naidu
82. Which one of the following states of India has made unique venture of putting daughters name plate on the front of the house ?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh
83. During his five nations visit of Central Asia in July 2015, Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India; unveiled the Statue of Mahatma Gandhi in-
84. In which of the following places, ‘Puskaram-Mahotsava’ is held ?
(A) Puskar in Rajasthan
(B) Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh
(C) Nashik in Maharashtra
(D) Puri in Odisha
85. Which of the following is the best energy source in view of keeping environment clean ?
(A) Solar cells
(B) Nuclear fission
(C) Petroleum product
(D) Forest product
86. Which one of the following vitamins is also called ascorbic-acid ?
87. Which one of the following Black materials has highest carbon content ?
88. Which one of the following living organisms synthesizes its food from inorganic compounds ?
(C) Rubber Plant
89. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(A) Pulicat – Tamil Nadu
(B) Lonar – Gujarat
(C) Kolleru – Andhra Pradesh
(D) Logtak – Manipur
90. Quinine is produced from which part of Cinchona plant ?
91. The smallest gland of human body is-
92. Of the following, which disease cannot be cured by Antibiotics ?
93. In human blood, when the concentration of oxygen goes down, then respiration rate-
(A) goes down
(C) goes down first and then increases
(D) does not change
94. In India, the first hydroelectric power station was established at-
95. Which among the following cities in India, is not located in Golden Quadrilateral Road Network ?
(C) New Delhi
96. Arthritis is caused by the deposition of which of the following in the joints ?
(A) Uric acid
(D) Lactic acid
97. Hair is composed of a protein called-
98. Which of the following is the richest source of calcium ?
99. The first Indian State to go wholley organic is-
100. Which of the following is the richest source of Vitamin ‘A’ ?
101. Which of the following States is the largest producer of edible oil in India ?
(B) Madhya Pradesh
102. Blue vitriol is used as a/an-
103. Stem is not the source of firbes in which of the following ?
104. The Indian State leading in coffee production is-
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu
105. Which of t he following fruits is not a nut ?
(C) Betel nut
106. Cobalt is a constituent of vitamin-
107. Who among the following Scientist got two Noble prizes of which one was in Peace ?
(A) Albert Einstein
(B) H. G. Khorana
(C) Linus Pauling
(D) Paul Berg
108. The Ganges Dolphin Sanctuary is situated in-
109. When velocity of a moving body is doubled, its kinetic energy will be-
(A) Two times
(B) Four times
110. How much part of an iceberg floating in sea, remains above the sea-level ?
111. When shaving brush is taken out of water, its hair (wire threads) adhere together due to-
(D) surface tension
112. The image formed on retina of human eye, is-
(A) Real and inverted
(B) Real and erect
(C) Imaginary and inverted
(D) Imaginary and erect
113. Because of which characteristic, a rod dipped in water vessel seems to be bent ?
114. The best conductor of electricity among following is-
115. Fans, bulbs and tubes etc. in houses are fitted in-
(A) Series order
(B) Parallel order
(C) Mixed order
(D) Any order
116. The planet nearest to Sun is-
117. The first electronic Digital Computer of the world, is-
118. One Kilobyte (1 KB) in binary system is equivalent to-
(A) 1000 Bytes
(B) 1024 Bytes
(C) 1000 Bits
(D) 1024 Bits
119. pH value for alkaline solution is always-
(B) less than 7
(C) more than 7
(D) None of the above
120. If an object is placed between two parallel plane mirrors, the number of images formed is-
121. Just before time of Sunrise or Sunset, the Sun appears to be oval because-
(A) the Sun changes its shape at that time
(B) of the scattering of light
(C) of the effect of refraction
(D) of the effect of diffraction
122. A sextant is used to measure-
(A) area of a hill
(B) breadth of a tower
(C) height of an object
(D) volume of an building
123. You are travelling in a car during a thunder storm. In order to protect yourself from lightning would you prefer to-
(A) remain in the car
(B) take shelter under a tree
(C) get out and be flat on the ground
(D) touch the nearest electric pole
124. The value of internal resistance of an ideal cell is-
(B) 0.5 r
(C) 1 r
125. The X-rays which penetrate more deeper in matter, are called as-
(A) Solf X-rays
(B) Continuous X-rays
(C) Hard X-rays
(D) None of the above
126. Largest ecosystem of the world is-
127. The first transgenic crop was-
128. Light energy is converted into chemical energy during the process of-
(D) All the above
129. Widal test is done for the confirmation of-
130. Which of the following substances is found in garlic ?
131. The Great Indian Bustard, an important endangered bird species, is presently found in which of the following States of India ?
132. ‘2 Minute Maggi Noodles’ was banned in whole India due to which of the following positive tests ?
(A) Excessive MSG content
(B) Excessive Lead content
(C) Excessive Ajinomoto content
(D) Excessive Salt content
133. The Valmiki’s Ramayana originally consisted of how many verses ?
134. Which of the following texts prescribes the measurements for the Sacrificial Altars ?
(A) Shulva Sutra
(B) Grihya Sutras
(C) Dharma Sutras
135. The Vikram era commences from about-
(A) 57 BC
(B) 78 AD
(C) 125 AD
(D) 319 AD
136. The date of the Mahaparinirvana of Buddha was nearly-
(A) 370 BC
(B) 400 BC
(C) 483 BC
(D) 563 BC
137. Khajuraho temples were built by-
138. ‘Konark’ temple belonged to which diety ?
139. The Superintendent of Mines is referred in ‘Arthashastra’ as-
140. The archaeological site of Sanghol is situated in-
(D) Uttar Pradesh
141. Which site of Harappan civilization is located in Haryana ?
142. Which of the following was attacked first in India by Muhammad Ghori ?
143. Who among the following Sultans devoted a whole year in suppressing the Meos and cutting the forest around Delhi ?
(B) Nasiruddin Mahmud
(D) Jalaluddin Khalji
144. Who among the following invited learned men from Arabia, Persia and Central Asia ?
(B) Alauddin Khalji
(C) Muhammad bin Tughlaq
(D) Sikandar Lodhi
145. Babar declared himself as an emperor first at-
146. Who among the following presented the famous diamond ‘Kohinoor’ to emperor Shahjahan ?
(B) Dara Shikoh
(C) Mir Jumla
(D) Abul Hasan Qulbshah
147. Which of the following Persian poets has depicted the Indian environment in his poetry ?
(A) Amir Hasan
(B) Amir Khusrau
148. Subhas Chandra Bose formed the government for independent India in Singapore, on-
(A) 22nd September, 1943
(B) 20th October, 1943
(C) 21st October, 1943
(D) 22nd October, 1943
149. Which Dogra amongst the following was supporter of Ranjit Singh’s son Shersingh ?
(A) Gulab Singh
(B) Dhyan Singh
(C) Suchha Singh
(D) All the above
150. Which of the following States of India is touched by three international boundaries ?
(C) West Bengal
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: