Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Combined Lower Subordinate Main Exam-2015 Held on April 24, 2016
1. With which place and cultivation ‘Teen Kathia’ Kanoon is related?
(a) Gorakhpur – Opium
(b) Begusarai – Paddy
(c) Champaran – Indigo (Neel)
(d) Burdban – Paddy
2. For whom among the following was Ahmedabad Satyagraha launched?
(b) Cotton mill workers
(c) Jewellery asrtisans
(d) Press freedom
3. What does ‘Gandhian Innovation’ mean?
(a) To produce more
(b) To produce more in domestic economy
(c) To produce for consumption
(d) To produce more from less input for more people
4. ‘Do or Die’ call was given by Gandhiji during
(a) Quit India Movement
(b) Civil Disobedience Movement
(c) Non-Cooperation Movement
(d) Khilafat Movement
5. Who had advised Gandhiji to be as an observer and student in the country for one year before entering in Indian polities?
(a) Annie Besant
(b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(c) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(d) Rabindranath Tagore
6. Which of the following Round Table Conference was attended by Gandhiji?
(a) Only First
(b) Only Second
(c) Only Third
(d) Both First and Third
7. Arrange the following in chronological order and select the correct answer from the code given below
1. Dandi March 2. Simon Commission
3. Poona Pact 4. Gandhi-Irwin Pact
(a) 2, 1, 3, 4
(b) 4, 3, 1, 2
(c) 2, 1, 4, 3
(d) 4, 3, 2, 1
8. For sending and receiving data between computers around the world through telephone lines, we need
9. The ability of an operating system to run more than one application at a time is called?
(a) Multiuser computing
(b) Time sharing
(c) Multi programming
10. ICs are classified on the basis of
(a) number of transistors
(b) type of computers
(c) manufacturing company
(d) number of diodes
11. In which port do you plug-in the cable of your keyboard?
(a) VGA port
(b) Ethernet port
(c) USB port
(d) Sanpedro port
12. 1 kilobyte is equal to
(a) 1000 bytes
(b) 1008 bytes
(c) 1111 bytes
(d) 1024 bytes
13. Which of the following types of files can be sent as an e-mail attachment?
(a) Text files only
(b) Audio files only
(c) Video files only
(d) All of the above types of file
14. ICT stands for
(a) Information and Computer Technology
(b) Information and Communications Technology
(c) Information Code Techniques
(d) Integrated Circuit Technology
15. IRQ 6 is commonly assigned to
(a) sound card
(b) com 1
(c) floppy drive controller
16. How many minimum number of NAND gates are needed to implement an Ex-OR functions?
17. A set of rules that governs data communication, is called
(d) None of these
18. Internet works on
(a) circuit switching only
(b) packet switching only
(c) Both circuit and packet switching
(d) None of the above
19. Arrange the following committees on Panchayati Raj in chronological sequence and select the correct answer from the code given below :
1. GVK Rao Committee
2. LM Singhvi Committee
3. BR Mehta Committee
4. Ashok Mehta Committee
(a) 2, 3, 1 and 4
(b) 1, 3, 4 and 2
(c) 3, 4, 1 and 2
(d) 4, 3, 2 and 1
20. Which of the following parts o f the Constitution is related to Municipalities?
21. Which one of the following is the correct time period for conducting fresh elections after dissolution of a Panchayat?
(a) Within a month
(b) Within two months
(c) Within six months
(d) After six months, but within a year
22. Who among the following is the competent authority to notify the territorial region of a municipality in State?
(a) President of India
(b) Governor of the State concerned
(c) Chief Minister of the State concerned
(d) State legislature
23. Which one of the following is not the philosophy of the Constitution of India?
(a) Welfare State
(b) Socialist State
(c) Political Equality
(d) Communist State
24. Match list I with list II and select the correct answer from the codes given below
(a) A – 2; B – 1; C – 4; D – 3
(b) A – 1; B – 2; C – 3; D – 4
(c) A – 3; B – 4; C – 1; D – 2
(d) A – 4; B – 3; C – 2; D – 1
25. The provisions for creation and abolition of legislative councils in any State is included under Indian Constitution in
26. Which one of the following Articles of the Indian Constitution has not so far been used?
27. Under which of the following Articles, the Indian Constitution guarantees Fundamental Rights to the citizens?
(a) Articles-12 to 35 only
(b) Articles-12 to 30 only
(c) Articles-15 to 35 only
(d) Articles-14 to 32 only
28. Which of the following amendments in the Indian Constitution, provides Constitutional status to ‘Panchayati Raj System?
(a) 71st Amendment
(b) 72nd Amendment
(c) 73rd Amendment
(d) 75th Amendment
29. Numerical data presented in descriptive form are called
(a) Classified presentation
(b) Tabular presentation
(c) Graphical presentation
(d) Textual presentation
30. The expenditure of a family in a month is given below
If the difference of expenditure between education and travel is Rs 4000; what will be the total income of the family?
(a) Rs 50000
(b) Rs 40000
(c) Rs 60000
(d) Rs 30000
31. The median of eleven observations is 48. If one of the observations, 28, is replaced by 46, the median of the new set of observations will be increased by
32. In the following table, the marks obtained by the students are
What is the estimated number of students who got marks above 25?
33. There is no spacing between the bars of a
(c) horizontal bar-graph
34. A circle in which sectors represents various quantities is called
(a) Component bar-chart
(d) Frequency polygon
35. For the table given below
The area of ∆OAB is
36. The graph of the successive points of a distribution joined by straight lines is known as
(a) Frequency distribution
(b) Frequency curve
(d) Cumulative distribution curve
37. If di is the difference of rank of xi and yi and ranks are
The value of is
38. The number of deaths in a month of a city are represented as below
After converting this data in pie-chart, the central angle of the number of deaths due to heart attack will be
39. Consider the histogram and frequency polygon of the same frequency distribution. If x is the area of the histogram and y is the area of frequency polygon, then
(a) x = y
(b) x > y
(c) x < y
(d) x ≠ y
40. What is the number of triangles in the following figure?
41. Find the odd one out among the following
42. Look at the series :
7, 10, 8, 11, 9, 12, ….
What number will come next?
43. If Saturday falls four days after today, the January 6, on what day did the December I of previous year fall?
44. Introducing a lady, a man said, “Her mother is an only daughter of my mother-in-law.” What is the man to the lady?
45. Complete the following series
4, 9, 16, 25, …… ?
46. If ROSE is coded as 6821, CHAIR is coded as 73456 and PREACH is coded as 961473. What will be the code for SEARCH?
47. What is the missing number (?) in the following figure?
48. If DELHI is coded as CCIDD, how would you encode BOMBAY?
49. Ram is the brother of Shyam and Mahesh is the father of Ram, Jagat is the brother of Priya and Priya is the daughter of Shyam. Who is the uncle of Jagat?
(d) None of these
50. A is shorter than D, but taller than C. D is shorter than B, but taller than A. E is shorter than A, but taller than C. The two tallest are
(a) E and A
(b) E and B
(c) B and D
(d) C and B
51. How many meaningful words can be formed with letters EAML?
52. Most of the students of a class are intelligent. Which of the below given alternatives follows from the above statement?
(a) There are some students who are not intelligent.
(b) There is no student who is intelligent.
(c) All students are intelligent.
(d) Some of the students are intelligent.
A. All goats are parrots.
B. All parrots are crows.
I. All crows are goats.
II. All goats are crows.
Which one of the following is correct?
(a) Only conclusion I follows
(b) Only conclusion II follows
(c) Both conclusions I and II follow
(d) Neither conclusion I nor II follows
54. As ‘Sorrow’ is related to ‘Death’, so is related
(a) Happiness : Birth
(b) Laugh : Cry
(c) Fear : Hate
(d) Confusion : Anger
55. Which one of the following pairs is not related in the same way as ‘Editor’ is related to ‘Newspaper’?
(a) Lecturer : University
(b) Teacher : School
(c) Architect : Design
(d) Nurse : Hospital
56. Which one of the following pairs of the words are related to each other in the same way as Poetry is related to Prose?
(a) Art : Fiction
(b) Clause : Sentence
(c) Novel : Variation
(d) Stanza : Chapter
57. Which is missing number (?) in the following?
A. Some ministers are teachers.
B. All teachers are scholars.
I. Some ministers are scholars.
II. All scholars are teachers.
Which one of the following is correct?
(a) Only conclusion I follows
(b) Only conclusion II follows
(c) Both conclusion I and II follow
(d) Neither conclusion I nor II follows
59. If very side of a cube of volume V is doubled, its volume becomes PV. What will be the value of P?
60. If ‘no scientist is philosopher’, which one of the following propositions is correct?
(a) No non-philosophers are scientists.
(b) All scientists are non-philosophers.
(c) Some philosophers are scientists.
(d) Some scientists are philosophers.
61. Which one of the following is the odd one out?
62. Who scored the first century of the men’s ICC T-20 World Cup 2016?
(a) Chris Gyle (West Indies)
(b) J. Root (Englad)
(c) T. Iqbal (Bangladesh)
(d) T. Dilshan (Sri Lanka
63. Who has been appointed as the Director of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) on February 23, 2016?
(a) KN Vyas
(b) Ashok Chwla
(c) K L Ramkumar
(d) RR Bhatnagar
64. The first railway station of the country to provide Google’s free public Wi-Fi service is
(a) New Delhi Railway Station
(b) Mumbai Central Railway Station
(c) Howrah Railway Station
(d) Chennai Railway Station
65. Which one of the following States of India has been declared the first bio or fully Organic State of the country?
66. On March 22, 2016 Deepika Padukone launched ‘You are not alone’ awareness campaign for fight against
(c) Women exploitation
(d) Mental depression
67. In which of the following cities, the World Culture Festival was celebrated by ‘Art of Living’ in March, 2016?
(c) New Delhi
68. Who among the following has been selected in March, 2016 to be an Advisor of the ‘World Bank’?
(a) Rakesh Bahadur
(b) RK Mathur
(c) Alok Ranjan
(d) Shailesh Krishna
69. In which of the following places of Brussels, bomb attack occurred on March 22, 2016?
(a) Departure area of Zaventem Airport
(b) Maalbeek Metro Station
(c) Near Starbucks Coffee House at Zaventem Airport
(d) All of the above
70. ‘World Sparrow Day’ is celebrated on
(a) March 15
(b) March 20
(c) March 21
(d) March 31
71. Htin Kyaw has recently been elected as the President of
(d) South Korea
72. The highest medal winning countries of the 12th South Asian Games in the descending order are
(a) India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan
(b) India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan
(c) India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan
(d) India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangaldesh
73. Heavy water has molecular weight
74. Small drops of the same size are charged to V volts each. If n such drops coalesce to form a single large drop, its potential will be
75. Zero was invented b y
76. The terminal colour bands of rainbow are
(a) blue and orange
(b) green and red
(c) yellow and green
(d) violet and red
77. Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched?
78. National Chemical Laboratory is situated is
(b) New Delhi
79. A specific test for detection of tuberculosis is
(a) Robert’s Test
(b) Widal’s Test
(c) Kahn’s Test
(d) Montoux Test
80. Diabetes is caused due to malfunctioning of
(d) gall bladder
81. India’s first hospital and herbal gardens were built by
(b) Chandragupta Maurya
(c) Lord Mahavir
82. ‘Super Nova’ is
(a) an asteroid
(b) a black hole
(c) a comet
(d) a dying star
83. The weedicide commonly used for paddy is
(c) 2, 4-D
(d) Ammonium Sulfamate
84. UP-308 is a variety of
85. In maintaining discipline
(a) reward is superior to punishment
(b) punishment is superior to reward
(c) reward and punishment are equally effective
(d) reward and punishment both may not be effective
86. Consider the following statements and select your answer from the code given below
Assertion (A) Discipline is the attitude of mind that regulates conformity to norms of good conduct.
Reason (R) Discipline grows with the renunciation of egoistic drives in favour of adjustments required to live in society.
(a) A is true, but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(b) A is true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true, but R is false.
(d) A is false, but R is true.
87. Our knowledge about punishment’s effect on behaviour indicates that
1. It carries costs.
2. It may provide only a short-term solution.
3. It may result in serious side effects.
Of these statements.
(a) Only 1 is correct
(b) Both 1 and 2 are correct
(c) Both 1 and 3 are correct
(d) All are correct
88. Self-discipline is to some extent a substitute for
(d) All of these
89. With which of the following, the external part of morality is not related?
(a) Social rules
(b) Social isolation
(c) Social compliance
(d) Social legislation
90. The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act came into force on
(a) September 20, 2005
(b) September 30, 2006
(c) October 10, 2006
(d) October 26, 2006
91. Basically women empowerment depends on
(a) enhancement of their capabilities
(b) governmental benefits
(c) participation in politics
(d) help from NGOs
92. Which one of the following is not an example of gender injustice?
(a) Lack of access to productive education
(b) Male child preference
(c) Expecting respect from one’s wife
(d) Demanding dowry from girl’s parents
93. The competency perspective of leadership assumes that great leaders have the same behavioural and personal characteristics in
(a) all situations
(b) distinct environments
(c) exclusive situations
(d) identical circumstances
94. Which one of the following is not a competency characteristic of an effective leader?
(c) Emotion intelligence
95. Suresh is older than Ramesh Mohan is younger than Surendra and Murari is younger than Mohan but older than Suresh. Who is the youngest one?
96. In a quece, Sohan is 9th from the back. Rameh’s place is 8th from the front. Radhey is standing between the two. What would be the minimum number of boys standing in the queue?
97. The steps taken by a manager in decision making process are given below. Arrange them in correct sequence and choose the correct answer from the code given below the steps :
1. To define the problem.
2. To identify the limiting factors.
3. To develop potential alternatives.
4. To establish a control and evaluation system.
(a) 1, 4, 2, 3
(b) 2, 1, 3, 4
(c) 1, 3, 4, 2
(d) 2, 4, 3, 1
98. Which one of the following is an example of non-verbal communication facilitator?
(a) Eye contact
99. Communication that cuts across functions and levels in an organization is known as
(a) Upward communication
(b) Downward communication
(c) Lateral communication
(d) Diagonal communication
100. Interpersonal skills are also called
(a) economic skills
(b) technical skills
(c) business skills
(d) people skills
101. Which one of the following is not a psychological barrier to communication?
102. When decision making includes shared leadership and empowerment, it is a form of
(a) rational choice theory
(b) leadership support
(c) participatory decision making
(d) organizational citizenship behaviour
103. Choosing one out of the t-shirts in a departmental store is example of
(a) risky decision making
(b) riskless decision making
(c) multi-attributed decision making
(d) single-stage decision making
104. Which one of the following decision making models describes how individuals should behave in order to maximize an outcome?
(a) Rational model
(b) Skill oriented model
(c) Cognitive economy model
(d) Heuristic model
105. Which of the following are methods of problem solving?
Select the correct answer from the code given below
1. Trial and error 2. Algorithm
3. Heuristic 4. Functional fixedness
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1, 2 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 2, 3 and 4
106. In Uttar Pradesh, Tourism Development Corporation was established in
107. In Uttar Pradesh, Jawahar Planetarium is situated at
108. The district of Uttar Pradesh, in which uranium is found, is
109. In Uttar Pradesh, an oil Refinery is located at
110. In Uttar Pradesh, oranges are mainly produced in the district of
111. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
112. Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Pashu Chikitsa Vishwavidyalay is located at
113. Mahaparinivana temple is located at
(c) Bodh Gaya
114. Which of the following tribes has the largest population in Uttar Pradesh?
115. In which of the following districts of Uttar Pradesh, the population as per 2011 Census was the lowest?
116. Which of the following was known as ‘Nagar Mahoday Shri’?
117. According to Gandhiji, the cruelest form of violence is
(a) persistence of poverty
(b) killing of cows
(c) killing of human beings
(d) torture of women and children
118. Which one of the following jails was named as ‘Mandir’ by Gandhiji?
(c) Cellular (Port Blair)
(d) Aghakhan Palace
119. Where did Gandhiji adopt ‘Seva Dharma’?
(c) South Africa
120. From where did Gandhiji launch his mission of freeing bonded labour?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: