Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Selection Commission – Excise Constable Recruitment Examination Held on September 25, 2016
Part II General Intelligence & Elementary Maths
1. Find out the logical number from the given options to complete the following number series :
3, 10, 29, 66, 127, …..
2. A series of numbers is given, where one number is incorrect. Find the incorrect number from the given options
54, 43, 34, 26, 22, 19, 18
3. A is the father of B. E is brother of A. D is father of A. C is sister of B. What is the relation of E with C?
4. Which number when placed at the sign of question mark, shall complete the matrix in a logical manner?
5. Find out the number from the given alternatives to complete the given series in a logical manner
538, 725, 813, ?
6. How many terms are there in the series 201, 208, 215, ……,….. 313
7. If SAND is written as VDQG and BRID is written as ELUG in a coded language, then how will LOVE be written in the same language?
8. Arrange the following in a logical order:
1. GOLD 2. SAND
3. IRON 4. PLATINUM
(a) 5, 1, 4, 2, 3
(b) 2, 3, 1, 5, 4
(c) 1, 5, 4, 2, 3
(d) 3, 4, 5, 2, 1
9. Find out t he missing number from the given alternatives at the place of sign (?) to complete the matrix
10. A group of 1200 army persons consisting of captain and soldiers are travelling in a train. For every 15 soldiers, there is one captain. Find out the total numbers of captains in the group?
11. Four out of the five given pairs of numbers have the common relation. Find the odd one out.
I. 4 : 63 II. 1 : 0 III. 5 : 124
IV. 3 : 25 V. 2 : 15
12. There are five rivers A, B, C, D and E. A is shorter than B, but longer than E. C is the longest one. If D is shorter than B, but longer than A, then which is the shortest river?
13. A man stars walking in the East direction from point A and covers a certain distance till point B. At point B, he turns right and walks the same distance he covered,, while walking in East direction. Then he again turn left and covers the same distance. Finally, he turns left and walks the same distance to point C. How many times is the distance between A and C to that of A and B
(a) Two times
(b) Three times
14. If there is a difference of Rs. 5 on the interest component received from two different Banks on a deposit of Rs. 1000 each for two year term, then find out the difference in rate of interest paid by the banks
15. A group of friends decided to visit a fare and spend an amount of Rs. 96 on food items. However four friends did not turn up, as a result, rest of the friends had to incur an additional expense of Rs. 4 each. Find out the number of friends, who visited the fare?
16. A is three times as old as B. Four years ago, C was twice as old as A. Four years from now, A will be 31 years old. What is the present age of B and C?
(a) 9 yr and 46 yr
(b) 9 yr and 50 yr
(c) 10 yr and 46 yr
(d) 10 yr and 50 yr
17. Select the most suitable word from the given alternatives at sign (?), which will complete the analogy.
DOCTOR : PATIENT : : POLITICIAN :?
18. A lift has a capacity of 12 adults or 20 children. If there are 15 children in the lift, how many adults can be accommodated in the lift?
19. Choose the correct option in place of question mark (?) to complete the matrix.
(a) K 7
(b) L 7
(c) K 8
(d) N 8
20. A large piece of 5 × 30 × 30 cm is cut into smaller pieces of size 5 × 5 × 10 cm. How many smaller pieces can be obtained?
21. A cube with a side of 3 inch was coloured in red from all sides. Then this cube was cut into 27 smaller cubes. Find out the number of smaller cubes, which has red colour on two sides
22. How many times, the minute hand and hour hand of a clock will form a right angle between 10 AM to 10 PM?
23. A man travels from one point to another point at a speed of 12 k m/h and returns back from the same point to his starting point at a speed of 8 km/h. Calculate the average speed of his complete journey.
(a) 10 km/h
(b) 10.5 km/h
(c) 9 km/h
(d) 9.6 km/h
24. A basket is being filled with apples and the quantity of apples doubles every minute. If the basket is completely filled with apples in an hour, at what time will the basket be half filled?
(a) 15 min
(b) 45 min
(c) 30 min
(d) 59 min
25. If the length and breadth of a rectangle are increased by 20%, the percentage increase in the area of rectangle will be
26. A seller initially sells his product at 10% more than his cost price. Later h e reduces the selling price by 10%. What will be the net effect on his profit and loss?
(a) 1% loss
(b) 1% profit
(c) 2% profit
(d) No profit, no loss
27. If an amount doubles in 5b years on a fixed rate of interest compounded annually, then in what time the amount will become eight times?
(a) 10 yr
(b) 12 yr
(c) 15 yr
(d) 21 yr
28. If 1st March, 2008 was a Saturday, what day it was on March 1st, 2002?
29. Four different positions of the same dice have been shown. Find out, which number is on the opposite surface of number 3?
30. The following Venn diagram shows the number of students, who got distinction in three subjects out of a total 500 students. Study the diagram carefully and find out the percentage of students, who got distribution in two subject?
Part III General Knowledge
31. Battle of Haldighati in the year 1576 was fought between:
(b) Maharana Pratap-Akbar
(c) Muhammad Ghori-Prithviraj Chauhan
(d) Babur-Ibrahim Lodi
32. Who was the architect of Humayun’s Tomb situated at Delhi?
(a) Mirak Mirza Ghiyath
(b) Abdul Latif
(c) Mir Qasim
(d) Shaikh Alam Shah
33. Which article of the Constitution of India declared Hindi as the official language of India?
(d) Article-51 A
34. Which Indian film has won the National Award for best film in 2016?
(b) Bajirao Mastani
(d) Bajrangi Bhaijaan
35. Recently Akhilesh Yadav led Samajwadi government has proposed to increase the salaries of Legislators from
(a) Rs. 75000 to Rs. 125000 per month
(b) Rs. 60000 to Rs. 75000 per month
(c) Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000 per month
(d) Rs. 40000 to Rs. 50000 per month
36. Which Nation won its 1000th Olympic Gold Medal at Rio Olympic 2016?
37. What is the average annual temperature of Uttar Pradesh State?
38. What is the estimated length of ‘BICYCLE HIGHWAY’ to be developed by Uttar Pradesh government to encourage eco-tourism?
(a) 250 km
(b) 150 km
(c) 200 km
(d) 300 km
39. The highest point of India is
(a) Mount Iso
(b) Saddle Peak
(d) Doli Gutta
40. What is the approximate ratio of Hydrogen to Helium in Sun?
(a) 3 : 2
(b) 3 : 1
(c) 2 : 1
(d) 4 : 3
41. How many members of Rajya Sabha are nominated by the President of India?
42. Which of the following blood group is called ‘Universal Donor’?
43. The new numbering scheme for National Highway Network in India was introduced in which year?
44. Which is the largest lake in India?
(a) Wular Lake
(b) Loktak Lake
(c) Dal Lake
(d) Pangong Iso
45. Which article of the Indian Constitution gives Jammu and Kashmir a special status?
46. The ‘SACHET’ portal to check illegal money collection has been launched by
(a) Reserve Bank of India
(b) Income Tax Department
(c) Central Excise Department
(d) Central Bureau of Investigation
47. Famous author of Indian origin Arvind Adiga has written, which of the following Book?
(a) India 2020
(b) Golden Threshold
(c) Kora Kagaz
(d) The White Tiger
48. Under the ongoing Income declaration Scheme 2016, which is the last date to declare unaccounted Assets and Income?
(a) October 2, 2016
(b) September 30, 2016
(c) August 15, 2016
(d) August 31, 2016
49. Which is the smallest country in the world in term of geographical area?
(c) Vatican City
50. Under the Samajwadi free Smartphone Yojana, a resident of Uttar Pradesh can register for free smartphone, provided his annual income is up to
(a) Rs. 4 lakh
(b) Rs. 3 lakh
(c) Rs. 2.5 lakh
(d) Rs. 2 lakh
51. ‘ALU’ in computer system stands for
(a) Arithmetical Logical Unit
(b) Array Logic Unit
(c) Application Logic Unit
(d) All drive Logic Unit
52. Which one of the following is different from others?
53. Who has been appointed as the new Lokayukta of Uttar Pradesh in 2016?
(a) Justice Rudrama Devi
(b) Justice Arun Mishra
(c) Justice Deepak Mishra
(d) Justice Sanjay Mishra
54. Which is the second largest gland in human body?
(a) Gall Bladder
55. At Rio Olympic 2016, Carolina Marin defeated, which player to win Gold Medal in Women’s single Badminton?
(a) Yu Yang
(b) Saina Nehwal
(d) PV Sindhu
56. Recently, which country was declared Malaria-free by World Health Organisation (WHO)
(b) Sri Lanka
57. When was the national Anthem of India adopted by Constituent Assembly?
(a) August 15, 1947
(b) January 26, 1950
(c) January 1, 1948
(d) January 24, 1950
58. ‘Pravasi Bhartiya Divas’ in India is celebrated on
(a) January 1
(b) February 15
(c) October 11
(d) January 9
59. Which of the following is not an inner planet?
60. Where is the birth place of legendary hockey player Major Dhyan Chand?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: