Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) Junior Assistant Recruitment Examination Held on April 24, 2016
Part 1 Comprehension and Writing Ability in Hindi
Part-2 General Intelligence Test
41. Given below is a series of letters which follows some definite order. Determined this order and choose the next two letters for the series out of the responses.
42. Which number is wrong in the given series ?
3, 13, 31, 58, 91, 111
43. A person sees a train getting into a tunnel which is 4 km long. If the length of the train is one-eighth of the tunnel and it gets out of the tunnel in 6 minutes, then what is the speed of the train ?
(a) 40 km/h
(b) 45 km/h
(c) 50 km/h
(d) 48 km/h
Directions (Q. Nos. 44-46) A word has been given followed by four other word, one of which cannot be formed by using the letters of the given word. Find out the word from the four options.
Directions (Q. Nos. 47-48) If ‘−’ stands for multiplication, ‘+’ stands for division, ‘∙’ stands for subtraction and ‘÷’ stands for addition, then find out the correct equation.
(a) 9 + 3 – 1 ÷ 9 = 100
(b) 15 ∙ 2 – 3 + 3 = 39
(c) 9 – 7 + 7 ÷ 7 = 64
(d) 5 ÷ 8 – 3 ∙ 3= 36
(a) 15 – 7 ∙ 5 + 20 = 104
(b) 25 ÷ 7 ∙ 2 – 5 = 22
(c) 10 + 5 ∙ 2 ÷ 13 = 15
(d) 17 ∙ 1 – 4 ÷ 8 = 29
49. Hanif wishes to locate his friend Joseph whose house is situated 20 km eastward from his house. Hanif starts his journey travelling 5 km northward, turns rightward to travel 11 km. Again, he takes a right turn to travel 9 km. Then, he takes a left turn and again travels for 9 km. At this point, he finds it difficult to locate Joseph and makes a halt. How much distance should Hanif travel and in which direction to be able to locate Joseph’s house ?
(a) Turn right and travel 4 km
(b) Turn left and travel 4 km
(c) Move straight and travel 9 km
(d) Turn left and travel 9 km
50. If A represents the number of students opting for Maths, B for Biology and C for Physics, then how many students opt for both Physics and Biology (the figures inside the circles denote the number of students) ?
51. If there is Saturday on the 10th day of a month, then what will be the day on 27th of that month?
(d) None of these
52. A is B’s father. B is C’s brother. D is the mother of A. How is C related to D ?
53. The difference between the ages of two brothers is the same as that of their father and mother. The elder brother is 15 years of age. At the time of the birth of younger brother, their mother’s age was 37. If the father is older than mother by 5 years, then what was his age at the time of the elder son’s birth ?
(a) 25 years
(b) 32 years
(c) 57 years
(d) None of these
54. The height of mango tree and coconut tree is the same. Banana tree is shorter than palm. Guava tree is smaller than banana but bigger than mango. Which is the tallest tree ?
Directions (Q. Nos. 55-57) Insert the missing number.
58. Identify the pair which is different.
(a) Profit : Gain
(b) Debit : Credit
(c) Income : Expenditure
(d) Assets : Liabilities
59. If in a code DECEMBER is written as ERMBCEDE, then how can NOVEMBER be written in that code ?
60. A boy was asked to multiply a number by 7/8. He multiplied the number by 17/18 and got the result 30 more than the correct answer. The number was
Part 3 General Awareness
61. Who among the following is considered the Father of the Leap Year ?
(a) Julius Caesar
(b) Astronomer Sosigenes
(c) Pope Gregory XIII
(d) None of the above
62. ‘Glacier Express’ is a popular train of which of the following countries ?
(d) The USA
63. ‘Binsar Forest’ is located in which Indian State/Union Territory ?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Madhya Pradesh
64. 25th Vyas Samman was awarded to
(a) Dr. Ashok Vajpayee
(b) Dr. Sunita Jain
(c) Dr. Pushpesh Pant
(d) Mrinal Pande
65. Which of the following is considered to be the best specimen of the Mauryan Art ?
66. Who among the following has composed the National Anthem of Nepal ?
(a) Shanta Sinha
(b) PK Rai
(c) Zohra Sehgal
(d) Surendra Mohan
67. Who said, “Political democracy means a way of life which recognizes liberty, equality and fraternity as the principle of life” ?
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(b) Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
(c) Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia
(d) Dr. BR Ambedkar
68. ‘Insanity’ is explained in the Indian Penal Code under
69. Who is the Chairperson of the Economic Intelligence Council (EIC) ?
(a) The Finance Minister
(b) The Prime Minister
(c) The RBI Governor
(d) The Finance Secretary
70. In English Society, murder was not a crime till
(a) 10th century
(b) 11th century
(c) 12th century
(d) 14th century
71. ‘Ghumar’ is the folk dance of
(b) Madhya Pradesh
72. Who said, “Human greed is a potential cause of crime”?
(c) Emile Durkheim
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
73. Taj Mahal is threatened due to the effect of
74. Which of the following was not a part of the Ashokan empire ?
75. Who was the first Muslim to preside over the Session of the Indian National Congress ?
(a) Sir Sayyid Ali Khan
(b) Maulana Azad
(c) Badruddin Tyabji
(d) Liaquat Ali Khan
76. The sum of the Member of Parliament Fund at present is
(a) Rs 1 crore
(b) Rs 2 crore
(c) Rs 3 crore
(d) Rs 5 crore
77. Who wrote the famous book, Daughter of the East ?
(a) Anita Desai
(b) Arundhati Roy
(c) Medha Patkar
(d) Benziar Bhutto
78. Where in India was the first medical college started ?
(a) Madras (Chennai)
(c) Calcutta (Kolkata)
79. The highest suicide rate in India is in the State of
(a) Andhra Pradesh
80. Who among the following has been named ‘BCCI Cricketer’ of the year 2015?
(a) Rohit Sharma
(b) R. Ahswiin
(c) Virat Kohli
(d) MS Dhoni
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: