SRM ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
SRM University is one of the top best University in India. The University is located at Chennai. The Campus is spread over an area of 250 acres. The campuses are located at Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, NCR and Delhi. The main campus is at Kattankulathur of around 42 blocks for different branches. Every year about 25,000 students are moved to different countries with their academics. An admission for the University is based on SRM Engineering Entrance Examination for various disciplines in Engineering Course.
- The age limit of the candidate must be before 21 years. The aspirant must have passed 10 + 2 with a minimum 70 % in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The aspirants who have applied for Bioinformatics, Biomedical and Instrumentation Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering must have a 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The aspirants who have applied for B.Arch must have passed English and Mathematics with 70% and have to pass the aptitude test with 40% which is also a part of the Entrance examination.
- The candidate must have studied in Indian School and a resident of India.
The syllabus is of 12th standard .The candidate has to cover Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology based on their respective branch.
The subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology with 35, 35, 35 and 50 questions with a score of 105 for each subject. There is penalty for each wrong answer. One mark will be reduced in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.0.7 marks is reduced for Biology. The questions are objective type questions. The question paper will be set in English only. The admission is based on the marks scored in the entrance exam.
The exam is mostly held in the month of April/May every year. The centre for the entrance is held in major districts of India.
The results are announced in the second week of May.
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website
- Fill all the necessary details in the application
- Upload the photo and signature of the candidate
- Select the discipline in the engineering
- Select the campus
- Select the test centre for the entrance exam
- Pay the entrance fees using credit/debit cards, net banking, bank challan
- Recheck the form for any errors
- Agree to declaration
- Submit the application
- Take the printout for future reference