TOLANI MARITIME INSTITUTE-BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCE ENTRANCE EXAM
Tolani Maritime Institute is one of the best University in India providing degree in Marine Engineering and Nautical Science. The institute is affiliated by Indian Maritime University. The Institute is provided with a grade A1bu Class NK by Comprehensive Inspection Programme .TMI Mumbai Campus also conducts Distance learning Programmes and Security courses by DG shipping. The admission for the courses is done through Entrance examination, Personal Interview and Medical test;
- B.Tech Marine Engineering
- B.Sc Nautical Science
- The Male candidates who have born on or after 1st September 1994 are eligible. Female candidates who have born on or after 1st September 1992 are eligible and there is two years age relaxation for female candidates. There is no discrimination between any genders.
- Only unmarried candidates will be considered
- The candidate must have completed 1oth and 12th with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For English, candidate must have secured 50% in both 10th and 12th .
- The aspirant must have to attend the physical fitness standard to qualify for admission. They must be completely examined by doctors before applying. For Nautical Science, candidate must have 6/6 vision in both eyes.
The candidate must cover all the subjects from Secondary level.
The questions will be objective type with questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions are based on 12th level. There is penalty for each wrong answer. The duration of test is one hour. The shortlisted candidates from the online test are called for interview process. In interview, the skills of the candidate is been noticed. Along with their academics, aspirant must have skills in their extracurricular activities. In interview process these are mainly identified.
After the interview process, the medical practitioners of the institute will examine the shortlisted candidates for the conformation of their physical fitness as per the guidelines laid by the institute.
The exam is mainly conducted on month of May every year.
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website
- Fill all the mandatory details in the application form
- Pay the fees of Rs 1000/- using Credit/Debit cards, Net banking or by Demand Draft in favour of Tolani Maritime Institute payable at Pune
- Take the printout of the application form and the transaction summary if paid online
- Along with application form, send the following documents
- Two passport size photocopies of the candidate
- Photocopies of 10th and 12th mark sheet. If the candidate have not received any mark sheet, a bonafide certificate from the head of the school
- Attested copy of Birth Certificate
- Attested copies of 12th mark sheet downloaded from the internet. The attestation must be done by the School principal
- Copies of certificates of the sport or extracurricular activities
- Online transaction receipt
- If paid through demand draft, write the application number, contact details and mobile number on the backside of the Demand Draft
- Candidate must submit only one application
- The application must be filled only in English
- The name and Date of Birth of the candidate must be same as in School Leaving certificate
- While filling the application form, kindly check whether any errors are been made