AR: Architecture and Planning
1. After playing _________ hours of tennis, I am feeling _________ tired to walk back.
(A) too / too
(B) too / two
(C) two / two
(D) two / too
2. The average of the monthly salaries of M, N and S is Rs. 4000. The average of the monthly salaries of N, S and P is Rs. 5000. The monthly salary of P is Rs. 6000.
What is the monthly salary of M as a percentage of the monthly salary of P?
3. A person travelled 80 km in 6 hours. If the person travelled the first part with a uniform speed of 10 kmph and the remaining part with a uniform speed of 18 kmph.
What percentage of the total distance is travelled at a uniform speed of 10 kmph?
4. Four girls P, Q, R and S are studying languages in a University. P is learning French and Dutch. Q is learning Chinese and Japanese. R is learning Spanish and French. S is learning Dutch and Japanese.
Given that: French is easier than Dutch; Chinese is harder than Japanese; Dutchis easier than Japanese, and Spanish is easier than French.
Based on the above information, which girl is learning the most difficult pair oflanguages?
A block with a trapezoidal cross-section is placed over a block with rectangularcross section as shown above.
Which one of the following is the correct drawing of the view of the 3D object as viewed in the direction indicated by an arrow in the above figure?
6. Humans are naturally compassionate and honest. In a study using strategically placed wallets that appear “lost”, it was found that wallets with money are more likely to be returned than wallets without money. Similarly, wallets that had a key and money are more likely to be returned than wallets with the same amount of money alone. This suggests that the primary reason for this behavior is compassion and empathy.
Which one of the following is the CORRECT logical inference based on theinformation in the above passage?
(A) Wallets with a key are more likely to be returned because people do not careabout money
(B) Wallets with a key are more likely to be returned because people relate tosuffering of others
(C) Wallets used in experiments are more likely to be returned than wallets that arereally lost
(D) Money is always more important than keys
7. A rhombus is formed by joining the midpoints of the sides of a unit square.
What is the diameter of the largest circle that can be inscribed within the rhombus?
8. An equilateral triangle, a square and a circle have equal areas.
What is the ratio of the perimeters of the equilateral triangle to square to circle?
9. Given below are three conclusions drawn based on the following three statements.
Statement 1: All teachers are professors.
Statement 2: No professor is a male.
Statement 3: Some males are engineers.
Conclusion I: No engineer is a professor.
Conclusion II: Some engineers are professors.
Conclusion III: No male is a teacher.
Which one of the following options can be logically inferred?
(A) Only conclusion III is correct
(B) Only conclusion I and conclusion II are correct
(C) Only conclusion II and conclusion III are correct
(D) Only conclusion I and conclusion III are correct
10. In a 12-hour clock that runs correctly, how many times do the second, minute, and hour hands of the clock coincide, in a 12-hour duration from 3 PM in a day to 3 AM the next day?
PART A: Common FOR ALL CANDIDATES
Q.11 – Q .28 Carry ONE mark Each
11. The concentric circles in a sun-path diagram represent ___________.
(A) Altitude angle
(B) Azimuth angle
(C) Day of the year
(D) Hour of the day
12. The operational guidelines on Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), January 2017, by the erstwhile Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India, defines EWS households as those having an annual income up to ___________ (in Indian Rupees).
13. Which of the following is a Vector Graphics Software?
(C) Adobe Dreamweaver
14. The main cable of a suspension bridge supports the deck with hangars. These hangars are equidistant along the length of the bridge and represent a uniformly distributed load. Assuming the cable to be weightless as compared to the applied loading, the best approximation of the shape that the cable takes for this loading is a ___________.
(A) Catenary curve
(B) Circular arc
(C) Parabolic curve
(D) Hyperbolic curve
15. Arrange the following road types in descending order of accessibility.
(P) Arterial Road
(R) Collector Road
(S) Local Street
16. The following two-dimensional visual composition represents _______.
17. The Golden Ratio refers to ___________.
(B) 2:(1 + √5)
18. Hogarth’s Line of Beauty is a ___________.
(A) Horizontal straight line
(B) Zigzag line
(C) Vertical straight line
(D) Serpentine line
19. Which of the following sites were added to Ramsar List in the year 2020?
(A) Ashtamudi Wetland
(B) Asan Conservation Reserve
(C) Chilika Lake
(D) Lonar Lake
20. Which of the following help(s) in keeping direct solar radiation out of the building?
21. As per the Handbook of Professional Documents 2015, Council of Architecture, India, architects are liable ________.
(A) If the building is used for any other purpose than the one for which it was designed
(B) If any unauthorised changes or illegal modifications are made by theowner(s)/occupant(s)
(C) If the client suffers damage/loss due to lack of proper professional service
(D) If the architect fails to attain the standard of care as prescribed by law
22. As per the United Nations Transforming our world: The 2030 agenda for sustainable development, 2015, which of the following Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) directly address water related issues?
23. For a masonry section, the line of action of force shifts to incorporate the effects of lateral forces and induced moments. Consider a masonry section of width 600 mm. Assuming a zero tensile stress capacity and a linear stress-strain response for the entire domain of loading, the minimum value of eccentricity at which the section will crack (in mm, rounded off to one decimal place) is ___________.
24. The maximum and minimum indoor dry bulb temperature of a room are 38°C and 34°C, respectively. If the corresponding outdoor maximum and minimum dry bulb
temperature are 42°C and 30°C, respectively, then the thermal damping of the room (in percentage, rounded off to two decimal places) is ________.
25. A building site measures 96 sq.cm on a scale of 1:12500. The actual area it represents (in hectare, in integer) is ________.
26. An off-street car parking lot contains a total of 75 bays. If the parking lot was used by 687 cars over a period of 12 hours, the average parking turn-over of the parking lot (in vehicles per hour per bay, rounded off to two decimal places) is ________.
27. The hydraulic radius of the following rectangular open drainage section (in mm, rounded off to two decimal places) is ________.
28. A town with 0.45 million population sends its entire organic waste to a composting site on a daily basis through a truck of 15 ton carrying capacity. Assume total waste generated per capita per day is 0.21 kg and 40% of the total waste is organic waste. The minimum number of weekly round trips required by the truck (in integer) will be ________.
Q.29 – Q .49 Carry TWO marks Each
29. The correct sequence of the following Construction Project Development stages, as per the National Building Code of India 2016 is ___________.
(P) Resource Planning
(Q) Project Inception
(R) Commissioning and Handing over
(T) Site Survey and Soil Investigation
(U)Selection of Construction Methodology
30. Match the aspects in Group I with the corresponding items in Group II.
(A) P-4, Q-5, R-2, S-3
(B) P-5, Q-1, R-4, S-2
(C) P-2, Q-4, R-5, S-1
(D) P-2, Q-5, R-4, S-3
31. Match the States in Group I with the corresponding Vernacular Building Typologies in Group II.
(A) P-4, Q-5, R-3, S-2
(B) P-5, Q-1, R-2, S-4
(C) P-5, Q-3, R-1, S-4
(D) P-4, Q-3, R-1, S-2
32. Match the examples in Group I with their corresponding typologies in Group II.
(A) P-2, Q-1, R-4, S-5
(B) P-4, Q-2, R-5, S-3
(C) P-3, Q-1, R-2, S-5
(D) P-3, Q-5, R-1, S-4
33. Match the Place(s)/Event(s) in Group I with the corresponding Heritage Significance/Characteristics in Group II.
(A) P-1, Q-4, R-3, S-2
(B) P-3, Q-4, R-5, S-1
(C) P-2, Q-3, R-4, S-1
(D) P-3, Q-2, R-5, S-4
34. Match the Urban Design Concepts in Group I with their corresponding Proponents in Group II.
(A) P-1, Q-2, R-3, S-4
(B) P-4, Q-1, R-2, S-3
(C) P-4, Q-3, R-5, S-1
(D) P-5, Q-4, R-2, S-3
35. In the following sketch, P, Q, R, and S refer to elements of an urban space. Identify P, Q, R, S.
(A) P-Path, Q-Vista, R- Edge, S-Landmark
(B) P-Vista, Q-Edge, R- Landmark, S-Path
(C) P-Landmark, Q-Vista, R- Path, S-Edge
(D) P-Landmark, Q-Edge, R- Path, S-Vista
36. As per the URDPFI Guidelines 2015, match the type of Health Care Facilities in Group I to the corresponding population served per unit in Group II.
(A) P-1, Q-2, R-3, S-4
(B) P-3, Q-1, R-5, S-4
(C) P-4, Q-3, R-5, S-2
(D) P-5, Q-1, R-2, S-3
37. Match the plan forms in Group I with their corresponding project names in Group II.
(A) P-3, Q-5, R-4, S-2
(B) P-4, Q-2, R-1, S-5
(C) P-1, Q-2, R-3, S-4
(D) P-3, Q-5, R-1, S-2
38. Match the Biosphere reserves in India in Group I with their corresponding locations in Group II.
(A) P-2, Q-1, R-4, S-3
(B) P-2, Q-3, R-1, S-5
(C) P-3, Q-1, R-4, S-5
(D) P-4, Q-5, R-1, S-3
39. In traditional Persian context, qanat system refers to
(A) An underground water-way, tunnelled and channelled
(B) A system where water is raised by a series of scoops fixed to a moving belt stretched between two wheels
(C) A method of conducting water from a source-well rather than raising it
(D) A system where water is conducted from enclosure to enclosure by straight forward gravity fall
40. Which of the following is/are classified as the Principles of Universal Design?
(A) Perceptible Information
(B) Tolerance for Error
(C) Occult Balance
(D) Simple and Intuitive Use
41. As per the URDPFI Guidelines 2015, which of the following Organoleptic and Physical parameters comply with the acceptable limit requirements of drinking water quality?
(A) Colour: Maximum 5 Hazen units
(B) Turbidity: Maximum 1 NTU
(C) pH Value: Minimum 10
(D) Total Dissolved Solids: Maximum 500 mg/l
42. In an ideal air-conditioning cycle shown below, which of the following statement(s) is/are true in the segments P, Q, R, S?
(A) P: Vapour at low pressure
(B) Q: Vapour at low pressure
(C) R: Liquid at high pressure
(D) S: Liquid-Vapour mixture at low pressure
43. Which of the following is/are the characteristic(s) of a Mughal Garden?
(A) Symmetrical and geometrical
(B) Fountain and channelled water
(C) Winding road and untrimmed vegetation
(D) Vista with terminal building
44. As per the Central Pollution Control Board’s National Air Quality Index (AQI) of India 2014, which of the following statement(s) is/are true?
(A) AQI is computed considering 8-hourly value of CO
(B) AQI is computed considering 2-hourly value of PM2.5
(C) AQI considers the O3 concentrations
(D) AQI considers the CO2 concentrations
45. The decadal population data of a city are given in the following Table. The domestic water consumption of the city is estimated to be 175 litres per capita per day in the year 2041. Considering 2011 population as the base year and using arithmetic growth method of population forecasting, the daily domestic water demand of the city in the year 2041 (in million litres per day, rounded off to two decimal places) will be ___________.
46. The activity duration, early start, early finish, late start, and late finish (in weeks) for activities P, Q, R, and S are shown in the following figure. The interfering float of activity R (in weeks, in integer) is _______.
47. A 230 mm thick brick wall of 10 m length and 3 m height is built using a Flemish bond. The size of the bricks used is 230 mm ×5 mm × 70 mm. Assuming a mortar thickness of 5 mm, the number of bricks required (in integer) is ___________.
48. The reflected ceiling plan and section of a reinforced cement concrete roof are shown in the following Figure. All the beams are 300 mm wide, 600 mm deep (including 150 mm slab) equidistantly placed center to center. Assuming 1% of concrete volume is occupied by reinforcement bars, the volume of concrete (in cubic meters, rounded off to two decimal places) is ______.
49. The following graph represents the income distribution among the population of a country. The Gini Coefficient of the country (rounded off to three decimal places) is ________.
PART B1: FOR Architecture CANDIDATES ONLY
Q.50 – Q.56 Carry ONE mark Each
50. Which of the following processes is used for surface treatment of metals?
51. Among the following monuments of ancient Greece, the only Octastyle Peripteral temple with eight towering Doric columns lining both east and west facades is _______.
(A) Temple of Athena
(B) Temple of Apollo
(C) The Parthenon
(D) Temple of Horus
52. An Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) test was done on a hardened concrete element using a direct transmission method as per IS 516 (Part 5/Section 1): 2018. The distance between the transducer and receiver was 600 mm. The time taken for the induced wave to travel this distance is measured as 0.18 milliseconds. Based on the following Table, the concrete quality grading is ________.
53. Which of the following is/are example(s) of Tomb Architecture of Ancient Egypt?
(A) Step Pyramid of Zoser, Sakkara
(B) Great Temple of Abu-Simbel
(C) Temple of Khons, Karnak
(D) Mastabas of Gizeh
54. If Aluminium : Anodisation :: Glazing : X, which of the following choices represent X?
(A) Hard coating
(B) External cement plastering
(D) Free-standing vertical greening
55. A black body radiant heating panel of 5 m2 surface area at 35°C surface temperature is located 1 m away from a 1 m2 surface at 20° The Stefan-Boltzmann constant is 5.6703×10−8 W m−2 K−4. The rate of radiant heat emission by the radiant heating panel (in W, rounded off to two decimal places) is ________.
56. A hypothetical truss comprising of weightless members is shown in the following Figure. Assuming tension to be positive and compression to be negative, the value of force in member TU (in kN, rounded off to one decimal place) is ________.
Q.57 – Q .65 Carry TWO marks Each
57. Match the illustrations of Arch Types in Group I with their corresponding names in Group II.
(A) P-2, Q-3, R-1, S-4
(B) P-3, Q-1, R-2, S-5
(C) P-3, Q-2, R-5, S-4
(D) P-5, Q-4, R-3, S-1
58. Match the architectural projects in Group I with their corresponding architects in Group II.
(A) P-4, Q-5, R-2, S-3
(B) P-4, Q-1, R-5, S-2
(C) P-2, Q-4, R-5, S-1
(D) P-3, Q-5, R-1, S-2
59. Match the structural joining systems in Group I with the corresponding materials for which they are commonly used in Group II.
(A) P-4, Q-1, R-2, S-5
(B) P-3, Q-5, R-1, S-2
(C) P-2, Q-3, R-5, S-1
(D) P-4, Q-1, R-5, S-3
60. Match the Instruments in Group I with the corresponding climate parameters in Group II.
(A) P-3, Q-5, R-1, S-2
(B) P-3, Q-4, R-5, S-2
(C) P-5, Q-3, R-2, S-4
(D) P-1, Q-2, R-3, S-5
61. In traditional Indian temple architecture, which of the following statement(s) is/are true?
(A) Jagamohana refers to a dancing hall
(B) Gopuram refers to an entrance tower
(C) Char-chala refers to a roof composed of four triangular segments
(D) Vimana refers to the structure over the Garbhagriha
62. Which of the following factors impact Daylight Autonomy of a built space?
(A) Orientation of building
(B) Glare caused by daylight
(C) Latitude and longitude of building location
(D) Fenestration size
63. For the beam shown in the following Figure, assuming a sagging moment (generating tensile stresses at the bottom fibre) as positive and a hogging moment (generating tensile stresses at the top fibre) as negative, the bending moment (in kN.m, rounded off to one decimal place) at section X-X is _________.
64. The acoustical absorption of a wall panel in each octave band is tabulated below. The Noise Reduction Coefficient of the wall panel (rounded off to two decimal places) is ______.
65. A room is maintained at a wet bulb temperature of 25°C, globe temperature of 30°C, and air velocity of 0.5 m/s. The decrease in Tropical Summer Index when the air velocity is increased to 3 m/s (in °C, rounded off to two decimal places) is _________.
PART B2: FOR Planning CANDIDATES ONLY
Q.66 – Q.72 Carry ONE mark Each
66. Which of the following is the National Electronic Toll Collection System implemented by the National Payment Corporation of India?
67. The shaded area in the following demand-supply graph is known as ______.
(A) Consumer Surplus
(B) Consumer Deficit
(C) Producer Surplus
(D) Producer Deficit
68. Identify the following traffic interchange.
69. Which of the following is/are Value Capture Method(s)?
(A) Building construction fees
(B) Fees for changing agricultural to non-agricultural land use
(C) User charge
(D) Premium on additional FSI/FAR
70. Which among the following is/are model(s) of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) used for infrastructure projects?
71. The measured spot speeds (in km/h) of 10 vehicles from a traffic stream are 45, 35, 25, 51, 45, 38, 61, 42, 47, and 49. The Time Mean Speed of the traffic stream (in km/h, rounded off to one decimal place) is ________.
72. In a township, the price of each house was 25,00,000 (in Indian Rupees) last month. The number of houses sold in a month (Q in thousands) is sensitive to the price of the house (P in Indian Rupees) and establishes a relationship as Q = 6685 – 0.00158 P. If the price of each house increases by 20% in the current month, then the decrease in sale of the houses (in percentage, rounded off to two decimal places) compared to last month will be ________.
Q.73 – Q.81 Carry TWO marks Each
73. Match the models in Group I with their corresponding applications in Group II.
(A) P-2, Q-1, R-5, S-4
(B) P-1, Q-5, R-2, S-3
(C) P-2, Q-3, R-5, S-4
(D) P-5, Q-3, R-4, S-2
74. Match the proponents in Group I with the corresponding theories in Group II.
(A) P-2, Q-4, R-3, S-5
(B) P-4, Q-2, R-5, S-1
(C) P-5, Q-4, R-2, S-1
(D) P-3, Q-5, R-2, S-4
75. Match the Artists/Scientists in Group I with their corresponding contributions in Group II.
(A) P-4, Q-3, R-1, S-2
(B) P-4, Q-1, R-5, S-2
(C) P-5, Q-3, R-1, S-4
(D) P-4, Q-3, R-5, S-1
76. In the conceptual diagram of the city given below, P, Q, R, and S refer to urban patterns. Among the choices given below, the correct association is
(A) P-Satellite town, Q-Urban fringe, R-TOD, S-Central Business District
(B) P-Central Business District, Q-Satellite town, R-TOD, S-Urban fringe
(C) P-Urban fringe, Q-TOD, R-Satellite town, S-Central Business District
(D) P-Satellite town, Q-Central Business District, R-TOD, S-Urban fringe
77. Which among the following is/are the component(s) of the assimilative carrying capacity of urban environment?
78. In the transportation network given below, P, Q, R, S, T, and U are the nodes and values mentioned on the links denote time in minutes. Which of the following options represent the minimum spanning tree?
(A) PQ, QR, QT, TS, SU
(B) PR, QR, RT, TU, SU
(C) PQ, QR, RT, TS, SU
(D) PQ, QR, RS, ST, TU
79. A vehicle count survey (in Passenger Car Unit) is conducted on a mid-block section of a road at regular intervals of 15 minutes from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Based on the data given in Table below, the Peak Hour Factor (rounded off to two decimal places) for the given survey duration is _______.
80. A land owner has shown interest in a Town Planning Scheme. Based on the details of the scheme given in the following Table, the estimated Net Benefit to the landowner after land development (in Indian Rupees, in integer) is _______.
81. The year-wise cash flows (in Indian Rupees) of a construction project are given inthe following Table. If the annual discount rate for the project is assumed to be 12%,the Net Present Value (in Indian Rupees, rounded off to two decimal places) for the project will be _______.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: