- Triggered primarily by professional and academic linkage with Agricultural Universities, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi has been able to foster a countrywide arrangement with the AUs to set aside 15% of their seats for Bachelor degree programmes to be admitted through ICAR’s All India Entrance Examination so as to reduce inbreeding, increase mobility among students, encourage national integration and infuse merit and uniform examination standards leading to improved overall quality of agricultural education.
- Accordingly, ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) to Bachelor degree programmes in agriculture and allied subjects, other than veterinary sciences, at Agricultural Universities on 15% of the University seats every year.
- For NDRI, Karnal, an ICAR-Deemed-to-be-University, 100% seats are filled up through the above examination. National Talent Scholarships (NTS) are awarded based
- on the AIEEA-UG examination to all those candidates who take admission outside their state of domicile.
- Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state are admitted in any agricultural university/ subject. ICAR’s 19th AIEEA-UG-2014 examination for the academic session 2014-15 will be conducted at 46 examination city centres spread all over the country, enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Bachelor degree programmes in AUs in different disciplines. Candidates qualified for counseling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University as per counseling procedure described hereinafter. There is no direct nomination for admission through ICAR in any Bachelor degree programme without qualifying in this examination.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: