Career choice through JEE Main:
JEE Main is one of the most famous engineering entrance examinations which is a first stage exam conducted for the admission to the top most prestigious institutes like IIITs, NITs, GFTIs, etc. It is conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for the admission to 31 NITs, 18 IIITs, and 18 GFTIs. Around 13 Lakhs students participated in this JEE Main exam last year among which the top 1 Lakh and 50,000 students are eligible for the next level examination called JEE-Advanced. JEE-Advanced is conducted for the admission to the top most IITs of the country.
What after JEE Main?
Generally, Students who have secured good scores in JEE Main either opt desired courses from the institutes like NITs, GFTIs and IIITs or start their preparation for the next level examination called JEE Advanced. Both decisions sound cool and confident. But if you are going to choose your desired course in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, please make sure that you choose best course among all the courses available.
Few of the best courses which are unique and highly demanding are:
Best courses to choose after JEE Main:
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering:
This branch of Engineering has emerged from Electronics and Electrical Engineering earlier in 1970s. An Instrumentation and Control Engineer is solely responsible for Planning, designing, developing equipments which are used to monitor and control the engineering systems. These Engineers generally work in the manufacturing plants or chemical industries with a goal of improving the Product’s productivity, stability and also reliability.
Career opportunities in Instrumentation and Control Engineering:
- Instrumentation Engineer can seek jobs in almost every departments such as Petrochemical, oil, power and defense production, etc.,
- They can also get good opportunities in all manufacturing units, Aviation and aerospace industries and also in Hardware computer industries.
- The minimum pay scale for any fresher graduate of Instrumentation Engineering will be around Rs.1 Lakh to Rs.2 Lakh per annum.
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering:
This is an Engineering course which focuses on the study of both physical and chemical properties of different types of metals, their combinations and applications. Students will be taught to work on creating metals that meet the standards of metallurgical industries. This course is available in almost all IITs and NITs of India. Also, most of the State Government Universities offer this course of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
Career opportunities in the field of Metallurgy and Material Science:
- There are lots of job opportunities in the field of Metallurgy. Many companies in India such as Jindal Steel and Power Industries, Steel Authority of India, Tata Steel, Reliance Industries Ltd, Ispat Industries Ltd, etc., have wide opening for the Metallurgy and Material Engineers.
- Metallurgy Engineer are able to get job opportunities even in Government sectors like ISRO, DRDO, Railway, etc.,
- Average salary offered on the initial basis is around 2.5 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs per annum.
This is an upcoming Engineering course which is a study of various industrial sectors such as textile industry, food and beverages industry, industries that are manufacturing medicines, pharmaceuticals and biological products. This is a branch of Science which is very important for the country’s development since it concentrates mainly on the requirements of agriculture, animal husbandry, medicine manufacture, nutrient supplies, etc. Apart from Biology, Biotechnology is a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Career opportunities in Biotechnology:
- Biotechnology Engineers have wide opportunities in most of the fields such as Textile industry, cosmetic industries, Bio-processing industries, Agricultural industries and also in Chemical Industries.
- Biotechnological Engineers also get opportunities in Government and private sectors of the country.
- The lists of designations that a biotechnological engineer can be honored are:
- Biochemists and Biophysicist
- Biological Technician
- Medical Scientist
- Research and Development scientist
- Bio-production operators
- Minimum pay scale for a Biotechnology fresher is around 2.5 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs per annum.
- Chemical Engineering:
Chemical Engineering is a rather another important department for the growth of the Country. These engineers turn raw materials into helpful products such as plastics, medicines, petrochemicals, etc.
Career opportunities in Chemical Engineering:
- Due to the increasing demand in the country, these engineers enjoy opportunities in various sectors of the country like Biological firms, textile industries, chemical industries, oil industries and so on.
- Students who have successfully completed chemical engineering get higher positions in the government sectors like Travancore Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd, Hindustan Organic Chemical Ltd, Pyrites and phosphates chemical ltd, Orissa drugs and pharmaceuticals ltd, etc.,
- Average salary for a Chemical Engineer (Fresher) is little higher which is around Rs.30, 000 to Rs.50, 000 per month.
Almost all NITs offer this course.
- Aeronautical Engineering:
Aeronautical Science is a study of flight technologies to design of both commercial and military aircraft and missiles.
Career opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering:
- An Aeronautical Engineer is able to get opportunities in various Private and Government sectors such as Indian Airlines, Helicopter Corporation of India, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, National Aeronautical Lab, Civil Aviation Department, etc.,
- The pay package is generally high when compared to jobs in other sectors.
- The living standard for any Aeronautical engineer will be high and they enjoy many facilities which cannot be afforded by other department jobs.
- You can get opportunities not only in private Aeronautical sectors but also in Government Aeronautical sectors and Aeronautical manufacturing units.
- The most important privilege that an Aeronautical Engineer enjoys is, they can travel in aircraft free of cost through the aircraft company you are working with.
- The average pay scale for an Aeronautical Engineer is around Rs.6, 50,000 per annum.
- Marine Engineering:
Marine Engineering is a unique branch of Engineering which deals with the design and development of equipments at Sea, on board Sea vessels such as Ships, boats, submarines etc. Unlike other departments, Marine Engineering students have 100% placement rates since they can work both in on shore and off shore areas.
Career Opportunities in Marine Engineering:
- Nowadays, the demand for marine Engineers in all private and public shipping companies has been increased due to the heavy International Sea traffic.
- Marine Engineering is the most highly paid jobs just like Aeronautical Engineering. Generally, more salary is paid for the on shore Marine engineers who work on a stretch of 6 months away from their family and friends.
- Luckily, Marine Engineers can travel around the world and can explore many different and unique places in the world.
- Average salary for any Marine Engineer is around Rs. 11, 00,000 per annum.
- Nuclear Engineering:
This field mainly concentrates on designing, building, operating and maintaining nuclear reactors, power plants and weapons. This field is mainly based on Nuclear Physics which governs the various operations such as nuclear fission and nuclear fusion, etc. Nuclear Engineering is a new and emerging field of engineering course which is available in the institutions like IIT Mumbai, IIT Delhi, Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad and IIST in Trivadrum.
Career opportunities in Nuclear Engineering:
- Nuclear Engineers can get opportunities in various areas like Government sectors, Manufacturing plants, Research laboratories, Aerospace industries, Military areas and in Universities.
- Nuclear Engineers often work in teams with other scientists in nuclear power plants investigating the energy and power source development.
- According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Nuclear Engineering field will grow around 9% between 2012 and 2022.
- Minimum salary for any Nuclear Engineer is around Rs. 6, 00, 000 per annum.
8.Computer Science Engineering:
As we all know, this is the most chosen Engineering course which offers job opportunities in most of the MNCs around the world. Most of the toppers of JEE Main and JEE Advanced opt for Computer Science Engineering in the top IITs and NITs.
Career opportunities in Computer Science and Engineering:
- A Computer Engineer can not only work in software companies but also can take up careers in Hardware companies, Web designing companies, Database management companies and so on.
- The average minimum salary for any computer engineer is Rs.20, 000 to Rs.25, 000 per month.
- If the candidate has successfully completed CSE from IITs, then his starting salary package will be around Rs.10, 00,000 to Rs.11, 00,000 per annum.
Thus, choose the best course which will change your lifestyle and make you stay proud always. All the best for cracking JEE Main!!
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: