1.What are the disciplines on which JEST examination is conducted?
- You can appear for the JEST examination in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science but not for both.
2. Are there different tests for admission in Integrated Ph. D & Ph. D. programmes?
- No. A common examination is conducted both for Ph. D. and integrated Ph. D. programmes.
3. Is there any limit to the number of times one can apply for JEST examination?
- No, there is no such restriction on the number of times one can appear for the JEST examination.
4. Is there any age limit for taking JEST examination?
- There is no restriction on age for appearing in JEST examination. However, each participating institute has its own eligibility criteria. For details on the eligibility criteria of the participating institutes candidates are advised to visit their websites.
5. Is application fee of JEST examination refundable?
- An application fee of Rs 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST applicants) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using debit card/credit card/Net-banking. Payment by any other mode will not be accepted. The application fee once paid will NOT be refunded.
6. How to obtain the admit card?
- Admit card will be available in JEST webpage and it can be downloaded after the announced date. Admit cards will NOT be sent by post/email. Bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card and one of your photo-ids to the examination center.
7. What is the level of questions in the examination ?
- The questions are based on the general syllabii of graduation and post-graduation level courses offered by various Indian universities and institutions. JEST question papers are normally not made available.
8. Which institutes offer a Ph.D. Degree in Theoretical Computer Science ?
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai is the only institution which currently offers a Ph. D. in Theoretical Computer Science. Please visit their webpage for more information.
9. Which institutes offer a Ph.D. Degree in Neuroscience ?
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Gurgaon is the only institution which currently offers a Ph. D. in Neuroscience. Please visit their webpage for more information.
11. To apply do I need to have an email-id?
- Candidates must have a valid email-id prior to registering themselves with JEST.
12. What are these email-id and password required for?
- The email-id (used as your user-id) and password (whatever you wish) are required to create an account with the JEST website for submitting the ON-LINE application form.
13. Is registration necessary? How does it work?
- Yes. Registration is a process in which your email-id and preferred password are saved in a database. On successful registration, an email will be sent to your registered email-id with a confirmation link for verification. You need to click on this link to complete the registration process. After confirming your account, use the Apply link to submit your application.
14. Is it possible to fill-up the form in fragments/parts since it is a long one?
- Yes. It is possible to fill up the form in fragments. Even one can save the form after filling the mandatory fields in the first page and enter other data in the next login. However, it is advised to do it in one go whenever one is ready with all the details.
15. Is there a provision to modify a previously saved form?
- Modification is possible provided the final submission of the ON-LINE application form has not been made. Once the application form is submitted by clicking the “Submit Application” button, no further modification will be allowed.
16. Is it possible to make payment of the application fee after submitting the application?
- One can submit the application and pay the examination fee later by clicking the link Fee Payment which is listed under the Application Status. Note that it is only after successful e-payment of application fee your application submission process will be considered complete.
17. How to make the payment of the application fee?
- Fee payment can be made online by clicking the link Fee Payment which will open a page with title “Shopping Cart” and “Check out” button. To proceed for payment, press this “Check out” button and follow the instructions as they appear. If shopping cart shows “There are no products in your shopping cart”, it may be because of two reasons (a) You have not completed application by clicking “Submit Application” or (b) Empty shopping cart will be shown even if you have completed application and payment both, in that situation please check My Account for completed order.
18. My shopping cart is showing “Empty” even after submission of the Application form. What should I do ?
- One of the fee option must be selected for the application fee payment while filling the application form.
- Try paying with different web browser/ differen machine. Older version of Internet Explorer has some issues reported. While reporting errors, please tell us the name and the version of browser you are using.
- Also ensure that cookies are disabled in your browser.
19. My Credit/Debit card is not working while paying the application fee. What should I do?
- Only Master and Visa cards are acceptable for fee payment by Credit/Debit card. If you do not have one, then take help of friends/relatives who have these cards.
20. What is the validity period of JEST score?
- JEST score is valid for only one year.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: