JIPMER Exam Preparation:
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) is a top most medical institution which was established under the Government of India since 1956. JIPMER conducts medical entrance test for the admission to the MBBS, PG, MD courses in JIPMER medical institute, Pondicherry. This exam is very important medical entrance exam for the aspirants who wish to pursue MBBS degree in India. This is because JIPMER stands in the fourth position among top most medical institutes of India next to AIIMS, CMC and AFMC. Students from JIPMER are recognized with high reputation all over the world.
JIPMER allocates around 150 MBBS seats through JIPMER examination. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply for this examination.
Advantages of taking part in JIPMER medical exam are:
- Level of difficulty of the paper is easier when compared to the other medical entrance examinations such as AIIMS, AIPMT, etc.,
- No negative mark is applicable for incorrect attempts.
- Pursuing MBBS degree in JIPMER gives high reputation from all over the world. Thus, starting medicine career after your MBBS becomes easier if you pursue MBBS from JIPMER.
Preparation methods for JIPMER:
Before getting into how to prepare for JIPMER, let’s check out the pattern for the examination. Knowing this is very important for a candidate to crack this exam successfully.
Total duration of this exam: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Total number of questions: 200
Types of questions:
Only multiple choice of questions in which the candidate have to select the right one.
Language of the question booklet: English
Subjects covered for this exam:
Physics: 60 questions
Chemistry: 60 questions
Biology: 60 questions
English and comprehension: 10 questions
Logical reasoning: 10 questions
No negative marks for any incorrect attempts. Each correct attempt carries 1 mark.
Now let’s check out the special ways to prepare for JIPMER:
- Start to prepare seriously from NCERT books. Every medical aspirant must be thorough in the syllabus of JIPMER. NCERT books cover most of syllabus of JIPMER.
- Practice a lot with previous years question papers. Solving all the previous year question paper will really help you a lot to crack JIPMER with high scores.
- Derive a self study plan strategy according to your capacity. Time management is very important.
- Try to attend every possible question since there is no negative marking scheme.
- Concentrate well on English and Logical reasoning. This is easier section when compared to other section. Why lose marks in easy sections?
- Try to study every subject on a logical basis than theoretically. This means, understand the core concept of the topic and try to solve different types of questions from the same topic. This will really help you a lot to tackle MCQ (Multiple choice of Questions) very easily.
- Join any best coaching institute which can help you to prepare according to your strengths.
- Prepare special hints or notes for “Last minute preparations”. But however, remember never make yourself excited during the last minute of the exam.
- First, try to solve all the known questions in the exam. Then, go for the unknown ones.
- The last thing and very important thing is, Keep yourself cool and relaxed. Never get anxious about the exam.
Best coaching institutes for JIPMER:
Let’s check out the best coaching centers in India for JIPMER:
- DAMS, Bangalore:
A Delhi Academy of Medical science (DAMS) is a well-established coaching institute for medical coaching for more than 16 years. DAMS are the top most center for medical entrance coaching in India and a highly recommended coaching institute by the toppers of JIPMER.
- TIME coaching centre:
This is also a best institute in providing coaching for JIPMER. It has branches in many
cities of Tamil Nadu and also in Puducherry.
- Aakash Institute:
This is also one of the best coaching institutes for medical entrance examination. Students are admitted for this coaching class only according to marks secured in the 12th board examination.
This is a coaching institute which offers class room coaching as well as distance learning facilities for preparation of the examinations like JIPMER, AIMPT, AIIMS, etc.
Books to refer:
Following are the list of books referred by the toppers of JIPMER:
- Sanjeev Gupta JNP Objective Physics
- Pradeep Objective Chemistry
- Pramod Agarwal’s Objective Physics
- NCERT Biology volume 1 and volume 2
- U.Charaya Pragati mega study package Objective Botany
- S.P.Kurl Objective Subjective Zoology
- NCERT Physics volume 1 and volume 2
- Agarwal’s Concept of competition Physics
Thus, follow the above instructions sincerely. Be dedicated to your work. Prepare a time table for yourself and count down the number of days for the upcoming JIPMER examination. Concentrate more on multiple choice or objective questions in all subjects. Try to rate yourself by attending mock test through the internet.
Surely you can win this JIPMER examination.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: