- The Government of Karnataka established Common Entrance Test Cell in the year 1994 for conducting of Entrance Test and to determine the merit of the candidates for admission to Professional courses such as Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine & Homoeopathy, Engineering / Technology & Architecture courses.
- To expand the activities of the CET Cell, the Government has converted the Common Entrance Test Cell in to an autonomous body Registered under Societies Registration Act 1960 called “Karnataka Examinations Authority” (KEA).
- In order to obtain admission to any of the professional courses through KEA, a candidate must appear for the Common Entrance Test, which will be conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Bangalore.
- The Common Entrance Test-2014 will be conducted at 50 places, spread over Karnataka.
- The Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2014 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission of Karnataka candidates and the ward/s of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants to the First year or First semester of full time courses in Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga, Engineering, Technology courses and Architecture course, in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided Professional Educational Institutions in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2014-15.
In order to obtain admission to any of the professional courses through KEA, a candidate must appear for the Common Entrance Test, which will be conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore (Herein after referred to as KEA).
Candidates who have studied the Qualifying Examination within Karnataka should write ‘CET-2014’ in a test centre assigned by the KEA within the district in which the candidate has studied 2nd PUC or 12th standard.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: