- Prospectus for Admission to Professional Degree Courses 2014, which has been approved by the Govt. of Kerala, is published herewith. It contains general information and rules relating to the Entrance Examinations for Admission to Professional Degree Courses 2014. Candidates are required to go through the Prospectus carefully and acquaint themselves with all the relevant information relating to the examinations/allotments. Candidates are also requested to visit the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations ‘www.cee-kerala.org’ regularly for notifications and announcements.
- This prospectus sets out the rules and regulations for selection and admission to the following professional degree courses conducted by the various authorities within the State of Kerala.
- Engineering Courses :
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)
B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) [B.Tech. (Agri. Engg.)]
B.Tech. (Dairy Science & Technology) [B.Tech. (D.Sc. & Tech.)]
B.Tech. (Food Engineering) [B.Tech. (Food Engg.)]
- Admission to Engineering courses shall be regulated on the basis of merit as assessed by giving equal weightage of 50:50 to the marks obtained in the Entrance Examination for Engineering (Paper I & Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together in the final year of the qualifying examination, after effecting the standardization procedure as described. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, the marks obtained in Computer Science shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry and Computer Science, the marks obtained in Biotechnology shall be considered. In case, the candidate has not studied Chemistry, Computer Science and Biotechnology , the marks obtained in Biology shall be considered. The marks as shown in the mark list obtained from the Board Examination of respective Higher Secondary Board shall be considered for academic eligibility.
- This Prospectus is subject to modification/addition/deletion, as may be deemed necessary by the Government.
- Allotment of seats from the Rank Lists for all courses in Self-financing colleges will be made in accordance with the orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India / Hon’ble High Court of Kerala or orders of the Govt. of Kerala/Govt. of India/as per the law in existence at the time of Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) and will be notified separately.
COURSES, INSTITUTIONS AND SEATS
- Categorization of Seats in Government and Aided Institutions.
- Government seats : Merit seats against which the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations makes allotment are called ‘Government Seats’.
- Government seats are available in all the Govt. and Aided Colleges.
- The availability of Government seats in Self-financing Colleges run by institutions under Govt. control and other Private Self-financing colleges will be notified separately. Those candidates who seek admission in Private Self-financing colleges are bound to accept the conditions stipulated in the agreement between Government and Self-financing College Management(s) and deemed to have accepted such conditions.
- Management Seats are the seats set apart in the Aided institutions, to be filled up by the Managements concerned.
- Categorization of Seats in Self-Financing Institutions : The categorization of seats in Self-financing Colleges run by institutions under Govt. control and other Private Self-financing colleges will be notified separately.
- The B.Tech. Degree courses affiliated to various Universities in Kerala, under the semester scheme of studies comprise eight semesters.
- The B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) and the B.Tech. (Food Engineering) courses under the Kerala Agricultural University [KAU].
- The B.Tech. (Dairy Science & Technology) course under the Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University [KVASU].
- Reservation of seats for Engineering Courses [B.Tech.]: The number of seats reserved for Government of India Nominees, Reciprocal quota and Special reservation categories.
Related links KEAM- Engineering 2014 :-
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: