LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – MEDICAL LAB. TECH.
FOURTH SEMESTER – April 2009
ML 4801 – NON-INVASIVE TECHNIQUES
Date & Time: 18/04/2009 / 9:00 – 12:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer ALL the following. (2×10=20 marks)
- What is thermionic emission?
- Draw and mention the types of magnets.
- Define deuteranopia and achromatopsia.
- What is the use of applying electrode paste before performing any technique?
- Differentiate ionizing from non-ionizing radiation.
- What are Wet macular degeneration and Dry macular degeneration.
- Mention the normal phases in fluorescein angiography.
- Define retinopathy. List the different types of retinopathy.
- Comment on fibro adenoma and Duct pappiloma
- Expand a.) OPPG b.) VAT c.) CRVO d.) ARMD
Answer any FOUR of the following. (4×10=40 marks)
- Explain the principle, procedure and patient preparation to take an x-ray.
- Give an account on transcranial doppler studies
- Describe the principle, procedure for single photon emission computed
- Explain the principle and clinical findings of fluorescein angiography.
- Describe the interpretations of normal and abnormal electrocardiography.
- Explain the procedure, advantages and disadvantages of opthalmoscopy.
Answer any TWO of the following. (2×20=40 marks)
- Give an account on principle, procedure, advantages and limitations of positron emission
- Describe the modes of examination of an ultrasound.
- Explain the procedure, findings, interpretation and importance of electroencephalography.
- Describe the principle, procedure, types of scanning systems and types of computed tomography.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: