LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – MEDICAL SOCIOLOGY.
FIRST SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
SO 1806 – INDIAN SOCIAL SYSTEM AND HEALTH
Date : 30-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer ALL the following questions in 30 words each : (10 x 2=20 marks)
- Define Ecological involution.
- Indicate any two factors that reduced the infant mortality rate in India.
- What is the principal cause for the sharp decline of the population of Parsis in India?
- Highlight any one positive impact of industrialization on Indian population.
- Point out the principal function of festivals in rural India.
- What is the meaning of seasonal migration?
- Write a short note on the classification of Indian Tribes according to the sociologists.
- Name any one movement which worked for the welfare of Tribals in 21st century.
- Was ophthalmic health care promoted in pre-modern India?
- What was the main criticism of Gandhi against the use of modern medicines?
Answer any FIVE of the following questions in 300 words each : (5 x8=40 marks)
- Discuss the demographic approach to Indian society.
- Mention specifically the social category of people which has the highest deficit of women. What are
- Elucidate the reasons for the steady increase of numerical strength of Muslims in India.
- Explain the socio-economic changes that are taking place in tribal India.
- What are the various types of tribal medicines?
- Mention the various dreadful diseases recorded in Harappan civilization and how were they treated?
- What were the methods adopted by the Medical Missionaries in the Telegu country to promote health
in Modern India?
Answer any TWO of the following in 1200 words each : (2×20=40 marks)
- Explain the social and cultural approach to health and diseases in India.
- Highlight the significant characteristics of Indian population.
- Elucidate the factors that account for the migration of the rural population into urban areas in India.
- Discuss Gandhian perspective on nutrition and sanitation.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: