Odisha: Smoke detected from DMU train bogie | Bhubaneswar News timesofindia.indiatimes.com

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

BHUBANESWAR: Smoke was detected from a bogie of Balasore-Bangriposi diesel multiple unit (DMU) train on Tuesday. Firemen controlled the smoke.
The incident happened at around 1 pm when the local train was approaching Bangiriposi station in Mayurbhanj district. The bogie next to the engine was affected.
No passenger was affected in the incident. Railway staff used the fire extinguisher to control it. Later firemen from Bangriposi swung into action after getting information from the railway. The train waited for an hour before starting its journey.
Sanjoy Ghosh, chief public relations officer of South Eastern Railway (SER), said the incident occurred due to short circuit in battery box. “Fire extinguishers were used to control the smoke emission. After this, the train continued to run,” he added.
On November 7, engine of the Ajmer-Puri Express (18422) had caught fire near Handapa railway station in Angul district. Nobody was injured in the incident.





Source link

Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:

View Full List ...