Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:
Member of Parliament Shri Arvind Ganpat Sawant
|Constituency :||Mumbai-South (Maharashtra )|
|Party Name :||Shiv Sena(SS)|
|Email Address :||arvind[DOT]sawant[AT]sansad[DOT]nic[DOT]in|
|Father’s Name||Shri Ganpat Pandurang Sawant|
|Mother’s Name||Smt. Aashalata Ganpat Sawant|
|Date of Birth||31 Dec 1951|
|Place of Birth||Kumbhavade, Distt. Sindhudurg (Maharashtra)|
|Date of Marriage||25 May 1982|
|Spouse’s Name||Smt. Anuya Arvind Sawant|
|No. of Sons||1|
|Passed Jr. B.Sc.|
Educated at Bhavan’s College; Andheri, Mumbai
|3/87, Mithibai Bldg.,|
Aacharya Donde Marg, Sewree,
|Tel : (022) 24163600, 09869004488 (M)|
Fax : (022) 24166000
|702, Narmada Apartment, DR. B.D. Marg,|
|New Delhi-110 001|
|1996 – 2010||Member, Maharashtra Legislative Council|
|May, 2014||Elected to 16th Lok Sabha|
|14 Aug. 2014 onwards||Member, Estimates Committee|
|1 Sep. 2014 onwards||Member, Standing Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas|
|Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology|
|3 July 2015||Member, Sub Committee-II, Committee on Estimates|
|Published a book, namely “BALKADU” (Compilation of his speeches in Maharashtra Legislative Council)|
|Literary, Artistic & Scientific Accomplishments|
|Strong supporter of art and literature and had actively participated in drama during college days. Supports artists and their causes so that traditional art forms do not get lost. Has undertaken several projects through Marathi Literary Board.|
|Social And Cultural Activities|
|* Conducted “Blood Donation” Camps|
* Provided aid to all the ‘Fayan’ (cyclone) affected fishermen.
* Provided nutritious food to 450 tribal children till they became healthy.
* As part of the environmental protection measure, provided 110 Gas Cylinders in ‘Balwadis’ and `Shegadis` of Mokhada Tal. (Tribal Tal.) Dist. Thane, Maharashtra
* Consistently distributed cloth, food supply to tribal people. Provided aid to flood affected people.
* As an active social worker, he has led many humanitarian teams during the crisis situations and natural disasters in Mumbai, Maharashtra and also at the National level.
|Reading, listening to music (particularly old hindi and marathi film songs) and watching Cricket match.|
|Favourite Pastime and Recreation|
|Travelling, visiting sea shores and hill stations|
|Sports and Clubs|
|Cricket is his favourite game; also loves, Kabaddi, Kho Kho, Carrom and Swimming (diving & synchronised swimming).|
|China, Europe (England, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands) Malaysia and Thailand|
|* President, (i) Mahanagar Telephone Kamgar Sangh for the last more than 25 years (ii) Maharashtra State Transport Kamgar Sena (iii) MTNL Sthaniya Lokdhikar Samittee; (i) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Trade Union (ii) Employees of State Transport; Trustee, Shivai Trust|
* As a champion of the working class, he succeded in making two outstanding wage agreements for MTNL employees without resorting to strikes or agitation and achieved a major demand of Govt. Pension to MTNL employees.
* He was conferred the “Best Orator” Award by the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association for his speeches in the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
Click here to see Bio Data at http://loksabha.nic.in/
The information given herewith about any person is taken from http://loksabha.nic.in/, to the best of our knowledge, true and accurate at the time of publication and is solely for informational and educational purposes. A link to the above mentioned Government Website Page of the particular Member is given herewith for verification. Changing circumstances or alteration of information may not change automatically in our website at any point of time. Any person desirous to change particular information about their data may contact us via email ([email protected]). The Website Entranceindia.com or its parent company accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of use or reliance on these Web pages or on the information thereon or in respect of information accessed via any links from the Web pages.