Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:
Member of Parliament Shri Harish Chandra Meena
|Constituency :||Dausa (ST) (Rajasthan )|
|Party Name :||Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP)|
|Email Address :||meena[DOT]harishchandra[AT]sansad[DOT]nic[DOT]in|
|Father’s Name||Shri Narayan Meena|
|Mother’s Name||Smt. Narayani Devi|
|Date of Birth||05 Sep 1954|
|Place of Birth||Bamanwas, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan|
|Date of Marriage||20 Jan 1981|
|Spouse’s Name||Smt. Punit Meena|
|No. of Sons||1|
Educated at Rajasthan University, Jaipur
|Profession||IPS Officer (Retd.)|
|4 KA-10, Jawahar Nagar,|
|Jaipur, Rajasthan – 302004|
|Tel : (0141) 2657799, 09929884441 (M)|
|C-I/10, Tilak Lane,|
|Tel : (011) 23072764, 09929884441 (M)|
|1981 – 1991||Superintendent of Police|
|2003 – 2007||Addl. Director General of Police|
|2014||Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat, Govt. of India, New Delhi|
|1991 – 1997||Dy. Inspector General of Police|
|1997 – 2003||Inspector General of Police|
|2007 – 2013||Director General of Police|
|May 2014||Elected to 16th Lok Sabha|
|30 July 2014 – 18 Mar. 2015 & 29 Apr. 2015 onwards||Member, Committee on Security in Parliament Complex|
|Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment|
|1 Sep. 2014 – 13 March 2016||Member, Standing Committee on Home Affairs|
|14 March 2016 onwards||Member, Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture|
|Literary, Artistic & Scientific Accomplishments|
|* As DGP, Rajasthan, was a Member of Police Medal Committee of Home Ministry, Govt. of India for award of various police medals for contribution & achievements in the functioning of police.|
* Organized various scientific activities related to use of computer, scientific aids in investigation, etc in police to make police more methodical through application of advanced technology and new innovative methodology.
|Social And Cultural Activities|
|* As Director General of Police, Rajasthan,encouraged various cultural activities amongst police force to promote local folk songs, music and musical instruments.|
* Introduced Village guard system for police presence in every village of the State.
* Launched Student Police cadet scheme or better youth cooperation and participation in policing.
|* Developing professional skills through training in organizations|
* Making administrative system transparent and accountable
* Analyzing the existing practices in the system and introducing new methods to make it more efficient
* Developing team spirit in the organization
* Mountaineering : Twice led the Indian Police Delegation to Hot Springs, Ladakh
* Strengthening internal security : Participated in course on Terrorism in Los Angeles & Washington.
|Favourite Pastime and Recreation|
|* Meeting cross sections of society to understand the problems and finding solutions|
* Visiting countryside and assessing the needs of rural areas for betterment
* Watching culturally strong dramas and concerts
|Sports and Clubs|
|* Captained Jawahar Lal Nehru University, Delhi in Inter-University Basket Ball Tournament.|
* Captained Rajasthan College in Inter College Basket Ball Tournament.
* Captained Rajasthan College in Inter College Hockey Tournament.
* Represented Indian Table Tennis Team as Delegate in Asian Championship and World Table Tennis Championship
|Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America|
|* Remained Director General Police (Police Chief), Rajasthan from 2009 to 2013 which is a record so far|
* An independent Police University (Sardar Patel Police University, 2012), was set to study the challenges of modern day policing and meet the needs to professionalize police working.
* Set up an Independent Training Institute for imparting dedicated/specialized training to Rajasthan Police Intelligence Branch, at Jaipur in 2013.
* A dedicated Commando Training Institute was set up at Jodhpur to meet the challenges of modern day terrorism in 2013.
* Introduced new transparent process of recruitment of Police Constables in Rajasthan which was completely computerized and monitored online. The same was also emulated by various States, Para Military and Armed Forces
* Standards of strength of policemen per police station was standardized on basis of modern day requirement
* Specialized counter terrorism units were created and separate facilities with dedicated training institution was set up at Jodhpur.
* The morale of force was always kept high by timely promotions, requisite allowances and professional training
* To meet the ever growing need of housing facility of police personnel, Police Housing Scheme was accelerated and Police Housing Corporation was created
* Police Commissionerate System was Introduced for the first time in Rajasthan in Jaipur & Jodhpur. Separate wings of law-order & investigation were introduced which resulted in greater police efficiency and better crime control.
* Village Guard System was introduced for better co-ordination with public and improving information system in rural areas
* Crime against Weaker sections, women & children was monitored and separate cell under an Addl. Director General of Police was constituted
* Last assignment was Secretary (Security) Cabinet Secretariat in Govt. of India. This is the most sensitive assignment to counter threats to VVIP and ensuring safely and security besides picking up right person for right duty
* Regular Interaction with public to address grievances not only helped in building image of police but also contributed in restoring Dausa Parliamentary seat to BJP after 25 years
Police Medal (Year 1996) for Meritorious Services.
President Police Medal (Year 2002) for Distinguished Services
Click here to see Bio Data at http://loksabha.nic.in/
The information given herewith about any person is taken from http://loksabha.nic.in/, to the best of our knowledge, true and accurate at the time of publication and is solely for informational and educational purposes. A link to the above mentioned Government Website Page of the particular Member is given herewith for verification. Changing circumstances or alteration of information may not change automatically in our website at any point of time. Any person desirous to change particular information about their data may contact us via email ([email protected]). The Website Entranceindia.com or its parent company accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising as a result of use or reliance on these Web pages or on the information thereon or in respect of information accessed via any links from the Web pages.