Hon’ble Mr. Justice Surya Kant
* Born on February 10, 1962 in a middle class family of District Hisar; passed his Matric standard examination in the year 1977 from the village school and did Graduation in 1981 from the Government Post-Graduate College, Hisar; earned his Bachelor’s degree in Law in 1984 from Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
* Started practicing Law at the District Courts, Hisar in 1984 and shifted to Chandigarh in 1985 to practice at the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
* Specialized in Consititutional, Service and Civil matters.
* Represented a number of Universities, Boards, Corporations, Banks and the High Court before earning the distinction of being appointed the youngest Advocate General of Haryana on July 7, 2000. Designated as Senior Advocate in March, 2001.
* Held the office of Advocate General, Haryana till his elevation as a Permanent Judge to the Punjab and Haryana High Court on January 09, 2004. Was nominated as a Member of the National Legal Services Authority on February 23, 2007 for two consecutive terms till February 22, 2011.
* Earned another distinction of standing First Class First in his Master’s degree in Law in 2011 from the Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
* A keen debater since his student days, he is a passionate environmentalist associated with various National/International N.G.Os. and Law Assoications. Has also attented various National/International Conferences.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: