GOA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Goa Public Service Commission was first had its commission along with Daman and Diu. Later it was established alone for the State .The Commission was first started in the year 1954.The commission consists of a chairman and 3 members .The commission is a recommending authority to recruit the candidates for the post but the decision is been taken by the State Government. The Exams conducted by the Commission are,
- Group A Examination
- Group B Examination
Group A Examination
Group A Examination is conducted for the posts of Deputy Collector, Commercial Tax officers, Registrar.
The Aspirant must be the citizen of India. The aspirant must hold a degree from a recognised University/Institution. The age limit of the candidate must be between 21 years to 30 years. In case of SC/ST, their upper age limit is 32 years. For physically challenged, the upper age limit is 33 years.
The Selection Criteria is mainly based on
- Preliminary Examination
- Written Examination
The Screening Test consists of objective type questions. The marks for screening test are 100 .The time duration for the exam is 75 minutes. The main exam consists of descriptive type questions. The candidates with merit list are selected for the interview. The interview is based on the academic records of the aspirant.
Group B Examination
The Group B Examination is mainly conducted for the posts of Section officer, Excise and Taxation officers.
The candidate must be a citizen of India .The candidate must hold a degree from a renowned University/Institution. The age limit for the candidate is between 21 years to 30 years. The concession is provided for the candidate of SC/ST and Physically challenged people as per the regulations.
The levels of selection are
- Written Examination
Based on the experience of the candidate the selection procedure may vary.
The Written Exam consists of two papers with each paper consists of 200 marks each with a time duration of 2hours .The candidates shortlisted in the exam are called for the interview process. The interview is mainly based on the academic scores. Interview is used to know the personality, mental strength of the aspirant.
How to Apply
- If the candidate is a new user, He/She must log onto the official website www.gpsc.gov.in
- After filling the details, the candidate gets a UserId and password. If the candidate forgets his password, he/she can use the forgot password option to get a new password
- With the Userid and password, the user can login to apply for the posts
- The user must fill all the necessary details represented by * symbol
- The Educational Qualification must be filled carefully; if any error is detected then application will be rejected
- Upload the recent scanned photograph and signature of the candidate within the size measured
- After submission of the application, the payment process should be done by the candidate else the application is referred as incomplete.
- Mode of payment is chose by the candidate
- After payment process is finished, take the printout for future reference.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: