Ten days after murder, body of the deputy dera head cremated on S


Property dispute allegedly led to the murder 

 Faridkot: Ten days after the murder of Dyal Das, the deputy head of Dera Harka Das in village Kotsukhia of Faridkot district, the dead body the deceased was cremated on Saturday.

The dera followers had been demanding the arrested of the accused before cremation and were protesting.

Dyal Das, 60, who was the deputy head of the Dera Harka Das in Kotsukhia village, was shot dead by the two unidentified persons in late evening on November 7.

He was disciple of Baba Hari Das, the dera head who is not able to look after the Dera as he is aged.

The video footage of the two killers had been captured in the close circuit television cameras (CCTV) installed in the dera.

According to the followers present in the dera during the incident, the two youth had reached the Dera on a bike and then also fed the cows for some time in the Dera. Later on, when Dyal Das came to the Dera and eating food, they first confirmed his identity and then pumped three bullets in to chest of Baba Dyal Das lead him dead on the spot.

“They also shot in the air when they fled. They seemed to have chosen that day because there was very small presence of the followers in the Dera that day due to paddy harvesting and sowing season. Usually, there are more followers and Sewadars  present in the Dera because the Dera has also a large number of cows,” said a villager wishing not to be named. 


The police had registered a case of murder against the two unidentified persons including  Sant Jarnail Das of Kapure wala Dera in district Moga on the complaint of Baba Gagan Das, another disciple who stated to the police that Dera had a property dispute with Jarnail Das who was annoyed with Baba Dyal Das because he was looking after the affairs of the Dera properties.

“Dyal Das was murdered on the behest of Jarnail Das,” he had alleged in his complaint.”

The Dera Harka Das is said to large chunks of agriculture land at different places.

But the angry villagers of Kotsukhia, Dhudi and many dera followers did not agree to cremate the deceased. They wanted the immediate arrest of the accused in the case.

Senior superintendent of police Manjeet Singh Dhesi held many meetings with Dera head and other disciples and assured them that the police were trying its best to nab the accused.”We are investigating the case and different police teams are engaged to identify and nab the accused,” the SSP assured the dera followers. Finally dera followers agreed to cremate the dead body on Saturday after the repeated assurances by the police.

Large number of loclas and Dera followers were present during the cremation besdies senior police officers.

Source link

Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:

View Full List ...