Poetry and Drama-III
Max Marks: 30
Note: The Question paper is divided into three sections A, B, and C. Write Answer as per the given instruction.
Section-A (Very Short Answer Type Questions)
Note: Answer all questions. As per the nature of the question you delimit your answer in one word, one sentence or maximum up to 30 words. Each question carries 1 mark. 6×1=06
- What is the underlying idea of the poem “Genesis”?
- What was the poem “To a Shade” occasioned by?
- Was Eliot a rationalist? Discuss.
- What role does mother Kali play in “Hayavadana”?
- Comment on the use of myth in “The Family Reunion”?
- Why does T.S. Eliot say “I want to resign my life foe this life”?
Section-B (Short Answer Questions)
Note: Answer any 4 questions. Each answer should not exceed 100 words. Each question carries 3 marks. 4×3=12
- Discuss the theme of “Landscape with the Fall of Icarus?
- Closely analyze the sun imagery in “Sunday Morning”?
- How does Daruwala depict the mistress in his poem?
- What is the responsibility of the poet according to Jayant Mahapatra?
- Write a note on Eliot’s use of myth in poetry and drama?
Section-C (Long Answer Questions)
Note: Answer any two questions. You have to delimit your each answer maximum up to 400 words. Each question carries 06 marks.
- Simplicity is the cardinal virtue of Ezekiel’s poetry. Discuss?
- Lowell’s genius lies in the rendering of sensuous images. Discuss?
- Elucidate in detail Ted Hughes as ‘a contemporary writer’ with reference to his poems?
- African poetry is an assertion of the concept of the white man’s ego. Explain?
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: