Prose and Fiction-III
Max Marks: 30
Note: The Question paper is divided into three sections A, B, and C. Write Answer as per the given instruction.
Section-A (Very Short Answer Type Questions)
Note: Answer all questions. As per the nature of the question you delimit your answer in one word, one sentence or maximum up to 30 words. Each question carries 1 mark. 6×1=06
- Who messed up with the previous job George and Lennie had?
- How does Montresor make sure that the house is empty?
- Which work does the title Of Mice and Men come from?
- Which occasion “A Tryst with Destiny” was written for?
- Where did APJ Abdul Kalam work initially?
- Whose first novel is Watch and Ward (1871)?
Section-B (Short Answer Questions)
Note: Answer any 4 questions. Each answer should not exceed 100 words. Each question carries 3 marks. 4×3=12
- What is Luchesi’s role in the story of “A Cask of Amentillado”?
- How does the first chapter in “Of Mice and Men” explain the relationship between George and Lennie?
- In “A Room of One’s Own”, what techniques does Virginia Woolf employ in presenting her arguments?
- Why to Chinua Achebe writing in English is important?
- What is the relevance of the title Native Son?
Section-C (Long Answer Questions)
Note: Answer any two questions. You have to delimit your each answer maximum up to 400 words. Each question carries 06 marks.
- Discuss some of the gender issues in “A Room of One’s Own” by Virginia Woolf.
- Discuss the main theme of Of Mice and Men.
- Discuss the Postmodernist element in “Split at the Root”
- Was Bigger’s flight an attempt to escape fear or a realization of self-deception or both? Discuss.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: