- Environmental pollution – Atmospheric, water and soil.
- Atmospheric pollution – Tropospheric and Stratospheric
- Tropospheric pollutants – Gaseous pollutants: Oxides of carbon, nitrogen and sulphur, hydrocarbons; their sources, harmful effects and prevention; Green house effect and Global warming; Acid rain;
- Particulate pollutants: Smoke, dust, smog, fumes, mist; their sources, harmful effects and prevention.
- Stratospheric pollution- Formation and breakdown of ozone, depletion of ozone layer – its mechanism and effects.
- Water Pollution – Major pollutants such as, pathogens, organic wastes and chemical pollutants; their harmful effects and prevention.
- Soil pollution – Major pollutants such as: Pesticides (insecticides,. herbicides and fungicides), their harmful effects and prevention.
- Strategies to control environmental pollution.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: