AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical science) is a Medical institute which was established in New Delhi on 1956.
This is one of the most prestigious institute which aims to deliver high standard of medical education to the students of India. In accordance to that, AIIMS institute conducts a medical entrance examination every year under the same name “AIIMS” for the admission to the MBBS, BDS, DM, Ph.D programs in 7 AIIMS institutes of India.
More about AIIMS institute:
In 1956, AIIMS institute was declared as an autonomous institute and started to operate autonomously under the Ministry of health and family welfare. This is a residential university in which all the staffs, faculty members, and students live inside the campus. It has 6 boys hostel and 2 girls hostel inside the campus with a capacity to accommodate 850 students.
Under graduate courses:
There are various under graduate courses in the fields of medicine, nursing, etc., under AIIMS institute. They are:
Every year around 50 students are admitted in the AIIMS institute. Such students are selected carefully through the AIIMS examination which filters most capable and intelligent students for medical education. Those students are picked and given quality education and also opportunities to open up their minds to the research areas during their vacation periods.
- Sc courses in Nursing, Radiography, Ophthalmic, audiometry:
Pursuing B.Sc degree from AIIMS institute is most prestigious for any student. AIIMS conducts entrance examination for each specialization and meritorious students are eligible to get admitted in any of the 7 AIIMS institutes of India.
- Sc(Hons) in Human Biology:
This is an Honours degree in B.Sc Human Biology. This course integrates social and natural science in the study of human beings.
Post graduate courses:
AIIMS produce various special Master degrees in the field of Dental and other areas.
- DM and MCh in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Pediatric surgery:
These are super specialty courses which are provided specially by AIIMS institutes.
- Master’s degree in Biotechnology:
This two year course was introduced in 1986 which aims to produce students as scientists for
highly specialized areas such as vaccine production.
Objectives of AIIMS:
- To deliver high level of standard education in all possible departments of UG and PG degrees of AIIMS
- To provide all possible educational facilities at one single place with best teachers.
- To provide best assistance for students or faculties in research fields.
- Organize regular trainings, workshops and other programs for the growth and development of the students.
Functions of AIIMS:
- Introducing innovative techniques in the field of education and research.
- Producing best ever teachers for the country.
- Providing world standard facilities for every student, staffs and faculties of AIIMS.
- Allowing students for research and related sciences.
- Providing all possible branches in Under graduate and Post graduate degrees like Nursing, Audiometry, radiography, etc.,
Special branches in AIIMS:
Along with the regular branches of Medical education, there are all possible branches with which an AIIMS student can be benefited. These are called as super specialty courses in surgical disciplines such as DM (Doctor of Management) and MCh ( Master of Chirurgical).
Super specialty branches are:
Branch which deals with the disorders in stomach and intestines.
Branch which deals with the anatomy and organic disorders of nerves and nervous system.
It is the surgery which is done on the nervous system of human body. For example, brain and spine.
This is a surgery which is done on fetuses, infants and children.
This branch deals with the physiology and diseases of kidneys.
AIIMS college fee structure:
You can find the college fee structure in detail in below link:
AIIMS college rank in India:
Ranks of AIIMS institutes can be found in the following link:
Advantages of doing UG in AIIMS:
- World class facilities for the students who are studying in AIIMS institutes
- Students are given best education and are exposed to even rarest cases of patients and how to treat them.
- Since the AIIMS campuses are situated at the heart of the city, students feel easy to attend various medical conferences, research events, seminars, etc.,
- AIIMS institutes are offered collaborative projects from all over the world. In the year of 2010-2011, AIIMS received grants worth more than Rs.50 crore for 500 successful projects.
- AIIMS doctors are well paid not only in India but also abroad.
Top 7 AIIMS institute in India:
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- AIIMS, Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS, Jodhpur
- AIIMS, Patna
- AIIMS, Raipur
- AIIMS, Rishikesh
- AIIMS, Bhopal
Studying in a top prestigious college really means a lot. Studying in AIIMS adds more importance to your life and education. Aim high and try to get selected in AIIMS institutes of India.