LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIRST SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
CO 1501 – BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Date : 02-05-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
PART – A
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS: (10X2 = 20 Marks)
- What is Economic Environment?
- What is Joint Family System?
- What is Fiscal Deficit?
- Define GNP.
- What is meant by Deficit Financing?
- What is Electronic Trading?
- What is Cultural Heritage?
- What is Social Audit?
- How does Climate affect the place of business?
- What is I.P.O.?
PART – B
ANSWER ANY FIVE QUESTIONS: (5X8 = 40 Marks)
- Discuss the Role of Government in the Economy.
- Discuss the Merits and De-merits of Joint Family System.
- Evaluate Socialist System.
- Describe India’s Industrial Policy.
- What benefits can be achieved if Companies take care to reduce Pollution?
- Explain the Objectives and Role of Stock Exchange.
- State the functions of W.T.O.
- What are the Rights of the Consumer?
PART – C
ANSWER ANY TWO QUESTIONS: (2X20 = 40 Marks)
- Discuss how the external environment affects Business.
- Describe Social Responsibility of Business towards stakeholders.
- What is Globalization? State the advantages.