LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com. DEGREE EXAMINATION – COMMERCE
FIFTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2008
CO 5400 – INSURANCE
Date : 05/05/2008 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Answer all the questions (10 X 2 = 20)
- What do you mean by insurable interest?
- Define insurance.
- State any four differences between fire and marine insurance policies.
- What do you mean by proximate clause?
- What is jettison?
- What is average clause?
- What is the difference between valued policy and valuable policy?
- What is reinstatement clause under fire insurance?
- What is surrender value?
- What is Hull insurance?
Answer any Five questions (5 X 8 = 40)
- Briefly explain the different characteristics of insurance in brief.
- What are the different kinds of marine insurance policy?
- Explain the different functions of insurance.
- Briefly explain about Motor Insurance policy.
- What are the uses of Fire Insurance?
- Briefly explain about Burglary insurance policy.
- Explain in detail about any Five Life insurance policies.
- Explain the uses of Insurance to business
Answer any Two questions (2 x 20 = 40)
- What do you mean by Annuity? How is it different from insurance?
Explain the different types of annuity in detail
- Explain the various clauses of Fire Insurance policy.
- Explain the essential features of Insurance contract.