CBSE schools in Pune:
Pune is the next top most city for Best CBSE schools in North India followed by New Delhi and Mumbai. Pune was called as “The Oxford of the East” by Jawaharlal Nehru who was the Former Prime Minister of India since it attracts students from all over the world. There are lots of Private and Government schools in Pune. Among these schools, Students prefer Private institutions more because of its latest updated facilities and strong English medium coaching.
There are several other famous Universities, Colleges, and Research Institutes in Pune which is preferred by most of the students all over the world.
Similarly there are several top most CBSE schools in Pune. They are:
- D.A.V Public School
- Delhi Public School
- Air force School
- Pune International School
- Orchid School
- Kendira Vidyalaya No.2
- Vikhe Patil Memorial School
- K.Birla Centre for Education
- Vidyashilp Public School
- The Heritage School
The details of each school are below:
This school was founded in the year 2003 which has dedicated and committed services in imparting best education and encourages all round development among the students of DAV Public School, Pune. It educates the students through theme based learning, illustrative presentations which will bring a conceptual clarity and makes education a fun. Thus, DAV Public School Pune has developed as one of the best CBSE schools in India for its world class infrastructure and quality teaching and learning methods.
Facilities: This school has well equipped library, spacious classrooms, Science, Math labs, Audio visual Hall, Multipurpose hall, Resource centre, etc.
The school has marked its excellence in several competitive exam and recently a student from this school has bagged the topper rank in JEE Main examination in all over India. The other achievements are Third International prize in SADC: The Arms, Pune and also won National School Sanitation awards 2012 by CBSE and Ministry of HRD, India.
- Admission is granted purely on merit basis.
- Before appearing the entrance exam, every student must have registered themselves with the school.
- For registration, parents please check the official site and buy the prospectus cum application form from the office.
- Admission test are followed by Personal Interview.
- Students are selected finally through their performance in written test and personal interview.
D.A.V Public Schools,
No.157, Plot no:31,
Phone number: 20-25890081
DPS Pune was established in the year 2003 and now it has become a famous landmark in the city of Pune. DPS Pune is the second institute initiated by Takshila Educational Society which is a collaborative effort of Delhi Public Schools Society. It is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board of New Delhi and it is Co-educational Day School in Pune. This school has become as one of the best CBSE schools in Western India within a short span of duration.
A number of co-curricular activities are held every Thursday to encourage the students in various other activities. DPS Pune had conducted successful on or off campus including night clubs, inter and intra-school competition, excursions and trips, swimming camps, etc. The total strength of the school is 3000 at present.
Facilities: This school has wide ranges of facilities like green lawns, spacious class rooms, Chemistry, Biology labs, MET station, Environmental and science labs, Art and craft rooms, Audio video rooms, swimming pool, learning centres, resource centres, etc.
This school makes uses of solar power to save electricity, uses day light power in the classrooms to save electricity and implements modern waste segregation system and recycling practices in the school campuses. Thus, this school had been awarded National Sanitation Award 2012 by CBSE.
- Registrations are closed for now.
- The registration process for the next academic year may commence on February or March 2016.
- Students or parents please check the official details for any official announcement regarding the admission process.
Phone number: 020-26970418
Air Force School Pune is registered with the IAF Educational and Cultural Society and it is also affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education of New Delhi. This school is called as “No Grants in-Aid” School by the State Education Department.
This school is mainly developed to cater the education needs of the children belonging to the civilians, defense service personnel and Air force service officers. Other children are also given equal opportunities but can get admission only through merit basis. At present, the total strength of the school is 1336 students on the whole.
Facilities: The facilities which are offered within the campus are spacious and ventilated classrooms, science park, well stocked library with 11,333 books and options for digital library and e-book reference, high speed internet facilities, projectors in every class rooms, computer labs, store room for keeping the documents and so on. This school has proved excellent records in the CBSE X and CBSE XII Board examinations.
- The admission process for the next academic year is yet to be announced by the school administration.
- Thus parents or students please wait for the official announcement of the admission process and keep checking the website.
Air Force Campus,
Phone number: 020-26633451
Pune International School:
Pune International School’s vision is to keep the environment happy, caring and stimulating which will make a child happy to bring out his/her fullest potentials. This school consists of Pre-primary, Primary, Middle and Secondary levels of classes. The curriculum that are covered for the pre-primary sections are Language development, Phonological awareness, Alphabet recognition, sorting and classifying, identifying shapes, ordering and sorting and so on.
The curriculum that are covered for the Primary level are English, Math, Hindi, Science, Social science and critical thinking is enhanced through various subjects. Also, option for choosing the Third language such as Sanskrit/French is given to the students.
The curriculum that are covered for the Middle and Secondary level(i.e) from Class VI are English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer science, Geography, History, Economics. This syllabus follows NCERT pattern of CBSE.
- Application form can be bought from the school office or can be directly downloaded from the website.
- No entrance test for the students of Pre-primary levels.
- Please fill in all the required details in the registration form.
- Admission is open to all categories of students irrespective of caste, creed, sex and religion.
- Once the admission is confirmed, the selected student must undergo a complete medical check- up and submit the report to the office before the commencement of the school.
- Pay the fees if the admission is confirmed.
- Submit the original documents for cross checking.
Pune International School,
Sector 29, Dmart Pradhikaran Ravet,
Phone number: 020-32328523
This is a co-educational Day School which is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education of New Delhi. They offer productive learning environment giving every student the opportunity to learn themselves making them as a life-long learners. The school implements different learning technologies such as integrated student based learning, curriculum based learning and creative learning.
The creative way of learning methods such as project demonstration, lecture method, activity oriented method, story method, cross curricular approach, group work are the methods applied during the above learning process.
Facilities: Buildings with fire safety proofs, libraries, Playgrounds for different sports such as Volley ball, Basket ball, Tennis, etc., Gym, Canteen facilities, medical facilities, hostel facilities and so on.
This school conducts many National and International exchange programs to provide students the best opportunities to learn from their counter parts, adjust to the students of other states, country and cultures, etc.
- Admission for the next academic year is yet to be announced.
- Online registration may start during the month of May 2016.
- Registered students have to take up a test called Online Level Readiness Check (LRC) based on multiple choices of question pattern.
- The students are selected on the basis of merit. Thus students who are selected have to submit their original documents along with the attested photocopies.
Phone number: 020-65007681
The main objective of this school is to cater the education needs of the children belonging to para-military personnel, transferable Central Government employees including defense service officers by providing common program or common platform of education. This school is affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) to promote creative attitude and innovation among children.
Students from Kendira Vidyalaya Pune has marked their achievements in many areas such as
- Student from KV Pune had been selected to represent India in International Mathematics Olympiad 2009.
- Won second position in the International Talent search examination organized by World Writers and Artists Association, USA.
- Won and received Silver Medal from the current President of India Shri. Pranab Mukerjee for Exceptional Achievements in the field of Music.
Facilities: High speed internet facility, Library with huge collections of books, transport facilities, canteen, resource room, art and craft room, music room and so on.
- Admission for the next academic year is yet to be announced.
- Thus, please check the official website for any notifications regarding the admission process.
Kendira Vidyalaya No.2,
Phone number:020- 27671301
Vikhe Patil Memorial School:
This school is one of the best CBSE schools in Pune which provides quality education to develop the students academically, emotionally, socially and physically strong in all disciplines of life. This school was launched in the year 1991 and it has celebrated its Silver Jubilee or 25 years of excellence recently. This school has collaboration with many International institutions such as Alvboda Friskola, Sweden, Greifsward University-Germany, The Yishun Town Secondary School-Singapore, College St.Augustin De Morlaix-France to promote students talent to international standards.
The subjects covered for the Primary level are English, Math, EVS, Social Science, Science, Hindi, Computer science. The Subject covered in the Secondary level are English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Math and Laboratories for all science subjects. The subjects covered in the senior secondary level are Math, English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Computer science/Commerce, Economics and Accountancy. The Honorable Former President of India (Late) Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam visited the school campus on 4th July 2014 and gave motivating lecture for the school students of Vikhe Patil.
Facilities: Large and ventilated classrooms, Library, transport facilities, canteen facilties, exctra curricular activities such as swimming classes, sewing classes, pizza making classes, making art from waste materials, skating, drawing and painting, etc.
- Since this is one of the best schools in Pune the admission is always very competitive.
- Thus, students or parents please keep checking the official website for any official notification of admission process for next academic year.
Off Senapati Bapat Road,
Near Patrakar Nagar,
Pune – 411016
K.Birla Centre for Education:
B.K.Birla Centre for Education which was launched in the year 1998 is a world class Residential school which is affiliated with CBSE Board New Delhi. This school has become a centre for best education by providing wide varieties of latest facilities such as modern labs, internet facilities, vast campus for academic blocks, five hostel blocks all constructed in a well planned structure.
It has tie-ups with various other institutes and conducts many programs for the welfare of the students such as tGELF (The Global Education and Leadership Foundation) is a program which helps to nurture the students through value based curriculum, state of art training and world class amendments, Youth for understanding India program, American Field services, etc.
Facilities: Language and robotics labs, math labs, specialized afternoon and evening session at these labs make students bright in these subjects, smart classrooms with Educom, Social Science laboratory, Library, ventilated classrooms, art and craft rooms, hobby clubs, yoga and meditation centres, jogging tracks, indoor and outdoor games, medical facilities, hostel rooms and so on.
The school has achieved 100% pass records constantly in the CBSE XII examination and CBSE X Board examinations.
- The admission process has been started and parents can buy the application form from the office.
- The entrance test is planned to be held on March 2016 for the admission to the next academic year 2016.
- The academic years are divided into two terms such as Term 1- From April to September and Term 2- From October to March.
- Please fill the details and submit the application form along with the original certificates for cross checking.
Near Talegaon Dabhade,
District: Pune-410 506,
Phone number: 09209029992
Vidyashilp Public School:
This school was established by the Vidyavardhani Educational and Research Foundation which aims to educate students in a methodological and deliberate manner. The vision of the school is to identify the core qualities among the students and help them to develop into an effective leader. The special features in this school are trained staffs to care physically handicapped children, a best website platform for the parents to interact with the school, Special classes for developing communication skills, language skills and other extracurricular skills. It is a co-education Day School having 25 students per class. Its student teacher ratio is 1:15.
Facilities: Medical facilities, dance rooms, art and craft rooms, transport facility, music rooms, etc.,
- For nursery admission the age must be between 2 ½ and 3 ½ years.
- For Junior Kinder Garden the age must be between 3 ½ and 4 ½ years
- For senior Kinder Garden the age must be between 4 ½ and 5 ½ years
- For Class I the age must be between 5 ½ and 6 ½ years
- For Class II and above the age is cross checked with the transfer certificate.
- The application form can be bought from the office and submit it after filling it up along with the original documents for cross checking.
Survey no:9/2, Yevalewadi,
This school was established in the year 2005 in collaboration with the Pearson network of Schools which is a fastest growing network of schools in India. It offers class right from Nursery to Class XII in a very high quality environment with modern and latest equipments. Pearson School is one of the world leading learning companies having a strong experience in consumer publishing and business information. This network of schools also provides learning materials, assessment tools for all the teachers and students of all ages. Pearson has more than 40,000 employees working in more than 80 countries caters learners of all group from preschool to high school and even up to professional certification.
The types of learning methods implemented in the Heritage School are Technological enabled learning, experimental learning, Pearson’s Digiclass which ensures clarity of concepts, MX Touch which is digital table based learning solutions for the students of Heritage thus making them unique and extraordinary than other school students. The lesson plans are based on well researched planning, standard assessments and life skills programs.
Facilities: The facilities which are offered within the campus are dormitories, laundry facilities, hostel facility, cafeteria, labs for all science subjects, rock climbing and horse riding activities, medical facilities, spacious well ventilated classrooms, etc.,
- Please check the official website for any official notification regarding the admission process for next year.
- However, when the application forms are available you can collect it from the office or you can download it from the website.
- Fill it and submit it with proper documents.
S.No:127, Village Ambi,
Phone number: 9373403031