JEE Advanced 2014 is going to be held on 25th May 2014 at various centres across India and abroad to select candidates for IITs in India. You can view or download JEE Advanced 2014 Information Bulletin by following the below mentioned link. This information bulletin covers information regarding schedule of examination, exam centres, age limit, number of attempts, preparatory course, admit card, result, merit list, reservation, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. Candidates should carefully go through all the points mentioned in this prospectus before attempting the test.
- Candidates who wish to write JEE (Advanced) – 2014 must write the Paper-1 of JEE (Main)-2014 in the month of April 2014. Only top 1, 50,000 candidates (including all categories) qualified in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) – 2014 will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) -2014.
- Distribution of top 1, 50,000 candidates across various categories in the merit list of JEE (Main)-2014 are as follows:
Top 75750 (50.5%) from the common merit list (CML)
Top 40500 (27%) from Other Backward Classes-Non creamy layer OBC(NCL),
Top 22500 (15%) from Scheduled Caste(SC)
Top 11250 (7.5%) from Scheduled Tribe(ST) candidates
- 3% of total seats in each category are reserved for PwD candidates (i.e. 2272 GE-PwD, 1215 OBC (NCL) – PwD, 675 SC-PwD and 338 ST-PwD).
- Candidates of GE and OBC categories must have been born on or after October 01, 1989 and those of SC, ST and PwD categories must have been born on or after October 01, 1984.
Number of Attempts in JEE (Advanced)
- A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too, in consecutive years. However, being in the top 1, 50,000 in JEE (Main)-2014 is the prime eligibility criterion applicable to all irrespective of the attempt number. Those who appeared in their Qualifying Examination (QE) in 2012 or earlier (irrespective of whether they passed or failed) are NOT ELIGIBLE. Candidates who attempted IIT-JEE in 2012 or earlier, are also NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2014.
Earlier Admission Taken Through JEE (Advanced)-2013
- Candidates who had earlier taken admission (irrespective of whether or not they continued in any of the programmes) or accepted admission by paying the admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2014.
The following notification published by Organizing Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2014 at their website: http://jeeadv.iitm.ac.in/