JEE Advanced 2014 is going to be held on 25th May 2014 at various centres across India and abroad to select candidates for IITs in India. You can view or download JEE Advanced 2014 Information Bulletin by following the below mentioned link. This information bulletin covers information regarding schedule of examination, exam centres, age limit, number of attempts, preparatory course, admit card, result, merit list, reservation, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. Candidates should carefully go through all the points mentioned in this prospectus before attempting the test.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are institutions of national importance established through an Act of Parliament for fostering excellence in education.
- There are sixteen IITs at present, located at Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mandi, Mumbai, Patna, Ropar, Roorkee and Varanasi.
- Over the years IITs have created world class educational platform that is dynamically sustained through quality teaching and internationally acclaimed research with excellent infrastructure and the best available minds.
- The faculty and alumni of IITs continue to make huge impact in all sectors of the society, both in India and abroad.
- Indian School of Mines(ISM), Dhanbad, is one of the oldest institutions in India and is known for its immense contributions towards society at large and for science and technology in particular.
Primary objectives of these institutions are to:
- build a solid foundation of scientific and technical knowledge and thus to prepare competent and motivated engineers and scientists
- create environment for freedom of thought, cultivate vision, encourage growth, develop personality and self-discipline for pursuit of excellence
- kindle entrepreneurial streak in the students
These Institutes admit students with these objectives and prepare them to become outstanding professionals and contribute to nation building. Today, alumni of these institutions occupy key positions in industry and academic, in India and abroad.
Each institute has well-equipped modern laboratories, state-of-the-art computer network and well-stocked technical library. Teaching methods rely on direct personal contact between the teachers and the students, and the use of traditional and modern
instructional techniques. Students live in a pleasant and intellectually stimulating environment with people having similar goals and aspirations, which is an exciting and unique experience.
These Institutes offer courses leading to Bachelor‟s degree in a number of engineering, technological and science disciplines. Integrated M.Sc. courses in pure and applied sciences and Integrated M.Tech. courses in a few disciplines are also offered by some
of these Institutions. In addition, some IITs offer Dual-Degree M.Tech. programmes, wherein both B.Tech. and M.Tech. degrees are awarded on completion of the programme.
Credit-based academic programmes offer flexibility to students to progress at their own pace. A minimum level of performance is necessary for satisfactory progress. The medium of instruction is English.
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2014 will be conducted by seven zonal IITs (under the directives of the Joint Admission Board) for admission to the undergraduate programmes in all IITs and ISM Dhanbad. Only the top 150000 candidates (including all categories) based on their scores in Paper-1 of JEE (Main)- 2014 will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2014. JEE (Main)-2014 will be conducted by CBSE on behalf of the JEE Apex Board during the month of April, 2014 (both online and offline modes). For details of JEE (Main)-2014, candidates are advised to visit http://www.jeemain.nic.in. A certain number (based on the seats available in all IITs and ISM Dhanbad) of successful candidates (Indian and foreign nationals) above a certain All India Rank (AIR) in JEE (Advanced)-2014 will be offered admission.
JEE Advanced 2014 will be held on 25th May 2014 to screen candidates aspiring for IITs in India. The top 150000 candidates across various categories in JEE Main 2014 are allowed to take the test. The test shall comprise of 2 papers to be appeared in 2 sittings. Entranceindia released 20 Papers Test for JEE Advanced and during 2013 our test papers were highly appreciated by students appearing for the test. Students also can appear sample free test after getting themselves registered in our website. There are 20 papers and each paper consists of 20 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.