- Resolution by marks obtained in Aptitude Test in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) – 2014. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by marks obtained in Drawing Test in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) – 2014. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by total normalised qualifying exam marks. Candidates obtaining higher normalised marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
- The answer keys and images of response sheets (OMR sheets) of Pen & Paper Based examination and Computer based examination will be displayed on the website www.jeemain.nic.in during 25-27 April 2014. The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured response, may challenge by filling online application form and paying a sum of Rs.1000/- per question The challenge of answer keys will also be accepted online only through the link available on the website www.jeemain.nic.in up to 5.00 PM on 27/04/2014 on payment of Rs.1000/- per question. The fee can be paid by credit/debit card or e-challan. The fee once paid is non-refundable. The JAB’s/CBSE’s decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- All participating institutes that do not use the centralised counselling procedures will prepare their own ranking based on the performance in JEE (Main)-2014 and other criteria as decided by them.
- Use of electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator etc. is NOT PERMITTED in JEE (Main) – 2014.
- Materials like log table, book, notebook, etc. should NOT be brought into the examination hall.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper.
Candidates should not leave the room/hall without handing over their Answer Sheets to the Invigilators on duty.
|Choice of Medium of Question Papers|
|1||All Examination Centre Cities||English and Hindi Medium|
|2||Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and
|English, Hindi and Gujarati|
|3||Examination Centre Cities in Maharashtra||English, Hindi, Marathi and Urdu|
The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
- JEE (Main) – 2014 shall have two papers , Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.).
- Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.), or Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.), or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination available is given in the table below.
|Paper 1 (B.E./ B. Tech.)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal
weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
|Pen and Paper based OR
|Paper 2 (B.Arch./ Planning)
Paper 2 (B.Arch./
|Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test – Part III||Objective type
Questions to test drawing aptitude
|Only Pen and Paperbased|
|Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below.|
|All other undergraduate courses (B.E. /B. Tech.)||Paper –1|
|B.ARCH/B. PLANNING(At Institutions other than IITs)||Paper –2|
- The Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will be conducted in two separate modes i.e. Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode.
- The Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode.
- A candidate will opt for either Pen and Paper Based or Computer Based examination modes for Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) only.