Preparation for JEE Main 2016:
As all Indian aspirants know, Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) is a national level entrance test conducted for the admission to the various government and private institutions like NITs (National Institute of Technology) and IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology). Students who score well in JEE Main exam will be able to get admission in Engineering and technical courses in top most colleges of the country.
About JEE Exam:
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a two tier examination in which first stage of exam is “JEE Main” and the second stage of the exam is said to be “JEE Advanced”. JEE Main is the entrance test which is a gateway for the B.Tech courses offered by the famous institutes like IIITs and NITs. Whereas, those who clear JEE Main exam are eligible to take the JEE Advanced entrance test which is a gateway for engineering courses in the institutes like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) (Ultimate dream institute for many Indian students)
But before start preparing for JEE Main 2016, it is important to know the following details about the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2016.
- Candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics in their Class 12
- They must have compulsorily studied any of the following subjects: Computer Science, Bio-technology, Chemistry and Biology and should have secured minimum 50% of marks in all the subjects.
- Candidates must have born on or after October 1991.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equal qualifying exam in 2014 or 2015.
- You can download JEE Main 2016 Admit card on March 2016(Tentative date).
- Tentative dates for JEE Main 2016 exam are:
Online Test: April 2016
Offline Test: April 2016
- You can check the complete Application procedure for JEE Main 2016 in the official portal of JEE Main 2016.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2016?
Please ensure the Pattern and Syllabus for the JEE Main 2016 examination. In order to score well in this exam, you must be very clear about the pattern and syllabus of the examination. Also please note the following details which are very important for the candidates who are taking this exam.
Please make note of the following link for checking the syllabus of JEE Main 2016:
- Total duration for the JEE Main 2016: 3 hours
- Total Questions: 90
- Maximum marks: 360
- Paper 1 sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (BE/B.Tech)
Objective type of questions and equal marks for all the above subjects. This section can be written using pen and paper based or computer based.
- Paper 2 sections: Physics, Chemistry & Drawing and Aptitude test(B.Arch/Planning)
Objective type of questions in above subjects including aptitude questions and drawing. This section can be written only using pen and paper.
- Marks for correct answer: +4
- Marks for wrong answer: -1
- Zero marks will be considered for “No answer”
You need to download the application form the official JEE apex board. Candidates who are going to take up JEE Main 2016 exam must note that Paper I will be held both in online and offline mode. Please choose the mode in which you like to appear.
For guaranteed success in the JEE Main 2016 exam, it is important to prepare in the following manner
- Plan according to each subject.
Plan according to each subject:
This is very important thing to score well in this exam. Give equal importance to all subjects and plan accordingly. You can also refer the following books.
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
H.C.Verma volume 1 and 2
R.D.Sharma Objective Volume 1 and 2
Play with graphs by Amit M aggarwal
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
Organic: Morrison and Boyd
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
- Plan and schedule your subjects. Schedule atleast 2 hours for every subject and learn according to that. More you strive hard, more you can score high in JEE Main 2016.
- Start to learn new things at the beginning since it gives hopes and concentration in the subjects.
- Give a ten minutes break after you complete each subject and then start with the next one.
- Revise your earlier portions every morning and then start the present day’s portion.
- If it is mathematics, please don’t hesitate to try the same in your rough note. Things change when you try on your own.
- Try to spend more time for difficult subjects and make them thorough and confident.
- Try to refer to previous years question papers like JEE Main 2013, JEE Main 2014, JEE Main
- You can find such question papers with solutions in the following links
However your study method is, the most important part of your learning is practice. The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
As said above, practice your subjects very carefully.
- For mathematics, try to solve the solution on your own. Try to solve everything without referring the books.
- For chemistry or Physics, try to solve the equations on your own.
- For other subjects plan and practice accordingly.
- Never postpone your schedule. Please try to complete the scheduled syllabus within the same day.
Revise your previous lessons daily and also schedule to revise once in every week. This will Brush up your memory and make you feel more comfortable with the subjects.
Special Tips for JEE Main 2016:
- If you have already started taking coaching for JEE Main in any coaching centre, be regular and keep practicing.
- If you have not yet started to go to coaching class, it’s never too late. Start preparing right now.
- Always be in contact with your seniors. It’s good to know their experience facing the JEE Main
- Around 45% of JEE Main aspirants wish to take online coaching than any direct coaching centre.
- You can make best use of internet by taking part in the mock test, watching video lectures, taking online exams, etc.
You can check the following link for taking mock test of JEE Main 2015
- Please make note of all the important topics in all subject. Concentrate more on that.
Hope these tips will help you crack the JEE Main 2016 exam. Be confident and cool. Make efficient use
of time. All the best for cracking JEE Main 2016!!
JEE Main Exam:
Joint Entrance examination (JEE Main) is a very important national level engineering entrance exam for the admission to the top most engineering colleges in India. JEE Main is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) which declared JEE Main exam as the common entrance examination in the place of AIEEE and IIT-JEE.
JEE Main is conducted in two types. JEE Advanced which is carried out for the admission to the top Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and JEE Main is carried out for the admission to the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) , National Institute of Technology (NIT) and Central Funded Technical Institute (CFTI).
JEE Main consists of two papers such as
Paper 1 which is for the admission to the B.E and B.Tech
Paper 2 which is for the admission to the B.Arch and B. planning
Upcoming JEE main exam and Important dates:
- JEE Main online application starts from first week of November 2015
- Last date for the online application: Last week of December 2015
- Application checking: January 2016
- Issuance of Admit card: March 2016 onwards
- JEE Main pen and paper based test: First week of April, 2016
- JEE Main computer based test: Second or third week of April, 2016
- Displaying OMR sheet and answer key on: Fourth week of April, 2016
- Result declaration: First week of July 2016
- Availability of score card: As soon as the results are declared, score cards will be available from official site of JEE Main.
How to apply for JEE Main 2016?
- Visit JEE Main official website http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/welcome.aspx during the first week of November, 2015.
- Register for JEE Main You will be getting a username and password to your registered email id.
- Now log in with that username and password. Fill in all the details such as name, father’s name, choice of test city, paper preferred, application number, roll number of 12th board examination, certificates of 10th and 12th, etc.,
- Upload your digital photograph along with your left thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Pay the application fees either through debit or credit card.
- Click on submit button.
- Take a copy of confirmation page.
- General and OBC candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1991.
- There is no minimum age limit for JEE Main exam
- Candidate must have cleared 12th board exam or equivalent qualifying exam with PCM group as their major subjects.
- He/she must have cleared all major subjects with more than 50% of marks.
- Students are allowed maximum of three attempts in JEE Main exam
Pattern and Syllabus:
JEE Main exam are conducted both in online and offline mode.
Online vs offline exam:
- Online test is the most preferred test mode for most of the students. This is because, in online mode it is easy to change the answer (By just tapping other radio button), facility to check the quick view of unanswered questions, navigation between the questions, etc.,
- Students taking online exam will get more time for JEE Main preparation since they are conducted only after offline exam.
- Online exam application fee cost less than offline exam.
- Even exam authorities are trying to bring more students in online mode which helps to cut down money and time.
Pattern for JEE Main 2016:
Total duration of the exam: 3 hours
Total questions: 90
Maximum marks: 360
Each correct attempt carries +4 mark
Each incorrect attempt carries -1 mark
No marks for unanswered questions
Paper 1 consist of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Paper 2 consist of Physics, Chemistry, Drawing and aptitude test, Mathematics
For AIPMT Syllabus and free practice papers with year wise you can follow the below url:
Admit card for JEE Main 2016:
Admit card for JEE Main 2016 will be available from March 2016 onwards. This Admit card contains important details of the student such as name, father’s name, date of birth, choice of city, paper choice, examination date, venue, etc. This is a very important document which must be kept safely even after the exam gets over.
You can download the admit card from the official site of JEE Main (i.e., http://www.jeemain.nic.in)
While downloading, students have to provide their application number and password which you would have received during the time of registration. Admit card is available only to those who have updated their board exam roll number while registration.
If you have not updated your roll number, please visit the following link:
JEE Main is planned to be conducted on April, 2016. Results are expected to be declared on first week of July, 2016. On the basis of the marks secured in JEE Main and 12th board exam (60% and 40% marks respectively) separate rank list will be declared for B.E and B.Planning courses.
Ranks cards will be available for download which consist of details such as:
- Category rank of the candidate
- State rank of the candidate
- All India rank of the candidate
Counselling for JEE Main:
CBSE releases the meritorious students list as soon as the results are announced. JEE Main counselling is to be done through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOAA) which allows students to select their seat preference and courses according to the ranks secured.
As soon as the results are announced, you can find the official announcement of Counselling for JEE Main in the website of JOAA. Only those candidate who has secured higher marks than the cut-off benchmark, will be called for the counselling process.
Steps for counselling:
- JEE Main counselling registration
- Fill your choice of college and course
- Locking of your choice
- Allotment of seat
- Payment of fees
- Reporting to the reporting centres
- Reporting to the allotting institute
For the year 2015, JOAA was about to fill 10006 in IIT’s, 17390 seats in NIT’s, 2228 seats in IIIT’s and 3741 seats in the GFTI’s.
Students, who have not selected in IIT’s and NIT’s don’t panic. There are lot of best private and Government colleges in India which accepts JEE Main scores.
Other option is, if you are among the top 1, 50,000 students in JEE Main ranks, there is also a possibility to attend JEE Advanced examination which leads to the admission of top IIT’s of the country.
Career choice through JEE Main:
JEE Main is one of the most famous engineering entrance examinations which is a first stage exam conducted for the admission to the top most prestigious institutes like IIITs, NITs, GFTIs, etc. It is conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for the admission to 31 NITs, 18 IIITs, and 18 GFTIs. Around 13 Lakhs students participated in this JEE Main exam last year among which the top 1 Lakh and 50,000 students are eligible for the next level examination called JEE-Advanced. JEE-Advanced is conducted for the admission to the top most IITs of the country.
What after JEE Main?
Generally, Students who have secured good scores in JEE Main either opt desired courses from the institutes like NITs, GFTIs and IIITs or start their preparation for the next level examination called JEE Advanced. Both decisions sound cool and confident. But if you are going to choose your desired course in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, please make sure that you choose best course among all the courses available.
Few of the best courses which are unique and highly demanding are:
Best courses to choose after JEE Main:
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering:
This branch of Engineering has emerged from Electronics and Electrical Engineering earlier in 1970s. An Instrumentation and Control Engineer is solely responsible for Planning, designing, developing equipments which are used to monitor and control the engineering systems. These Engineers generally work in the manufacturing plants or chemical industries with a goal of improving the Product’s productivity, stability and also reliability.
Career opportunities in Instrumentation and Control Engineering:
- Instrumentation Engineer can seek jobs in almost every departments such as Petrochemical, oil, power and defense production, etc.,
- They can also get good opportunities in all manufacturing units, Aviation and aerospace industries and also in Hardware computer industries.
- The minimum pay scale for any fresher graduate of Instrumentation Engineering will be around Rs.1 Lakh to Rs.2 Lakh per annum.
- Metallurgy and Materials Engineering:
This is an Engineering course which focuses on the study of both physical and chemical properties of different types of metals, their combinations and applications. Students will be taught to work on creating metals that meet the standards of metallurgical industries. This course is available in almost all IITs and NITs of India. Also, most of the State Government Universities offer this course of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
Career opportunities in the field of Metallurgy and Material Science:
- There are lots of job opportunities in the field of Metallurgy. Many companies in India such as Jindal Steel and Power Industries, Steel Authority of India, Tata Steel, Reliance Industries Ltd, Ispat Industries Ltd, etc., have wide opening for the Metallurgy and Material Engineers.
- Metallurgy Engineer are able to get job opportunities even in Government sectors like ISRO, DRDO, Railway, etc.,
- Average salary offered on the initial basis is around 2.5 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs per annum.
This is an upcoming Engineering course which is a study of various industrial sectors such as textile industry, food and beverages industry, industries that are manufacturing medicines, pharmaceuticals and biological products. This is a branch of Science which is very important for the country’s development since it concentrates mainly on the requirements of agriculture, animal husbandry, medicine manufacture, nutrient supplies, etc. Apart from Biology, Biotechnology is a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Career opportunities in Biotechnology:
- Biotechnology Engineers have wide opportunities in most of the fields such as Textile industry, cosmetic industries, Bio-processing industries, Agricultural industries and also in Chemical Industries.
- Biotechnological Engineers also get opportunities in Government and private sectors of the country.
- The lists of designations that a biotechnological engineer can be honored are:
- Biochemists and Biophysicist
- Biological Technician
- Medical Scientist
- Research and Development scientist
- Bio-production operators
- Minimum pay scale for a Biotechnology fresher is around 2.5 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs per annum.
- Chemical Engineering:
Chemical Engineering is a rather another important department for the growth of the Country. These engineers turn raw materials into helpful products such as plastics, medicines, petrochemicals, etc.
Career opportunities in Chemical Engineering:
- Due to the increasing demand in the country, these engineers enjoy opportunities in various sectors of the country like Biological firms, textile industries, chemical industries, oil industries and so on.
- Students who have successfully completed chemical engineering get higher positions in the government sectors like Travancore Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd, Hindustan Organic Chemical Ltd, Pyrites and phosphates chemical ltd, Orissa drugs and pharmaceuticals ltd, etc.,
- Average salary for a Chemical Engineer (Fresher) is little higher which is around Rs.30, 000 to Rs.50, 000 per month.
Almost all NITs offer this course.
- Aeronautical Engineering:
Aeronautical Science is a study of flight technologies to design of both commercial and military aircraft and missiles.
Career opportunities in Aeronautical Engineering:
- An Aeronautical Engineer is able to get opportunities in various Private and Government sectors such as Indian Airlines, Helicopter Corporation of India, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, National Aeronautical Lab, Civil Aviation Department, etc.,
- The pay package is generally high when compared to jobs in other sectors.
- The living standard for any Aeronautical engineer will be high and they enjoy many facilities which cannot be afforded by other department jobs.
- You can get opportunities not only in private Aeronautical sectors but also in Government Aeronautical sectors and Aeronautical manufacturing units.
- The most important privilege that an Aeronautical Engineer enjoys is, they can travel in aircraft free of cost through the aircraft company you are working with.
- The average pay scale for an Aeronautical Engineer is around Rs.6, 50,000 per annum.
- Marine Engineering:
Marine Engineering is a unique branch of Engineering which deals with the design and development of equipments at Sea, on board Sea vessels such as Ships, boats, submarines etc. Unlike other departments, Marine Engineering students have 100% placement rates since they can work both in on shore and off shore areas.
Career Opportunities in Marine Engineering:
- Nowadays, the demand for marine Engineers in all private and public shipping companies has been increased due to the heavy International Sea traffic.
- Marine Engineering is the most highly paid jobs just like Aeronautical Engineering. Generally, more salary is paid for the on shore Marine engineers who work on a stretch of 6 months away from their family and friends.
- Luckily, Marine Engineers can travel around the world and can explore many different and unique places in the world.
- Average salary for any Marine Engineer is around Rs. 11, 00,000 per annum.
- Nuclear Engineering:
This field mainly concentrates on designing, building, operating and maintaining nuclear reactors, power plants and weapons. This field is mainly based on Nuclear Physics which governs the various operations such as nuclear fission and nuclear fusion, etc. Nuclear Engineering is a new and emerging field of engineering course which is available in the institutions like IIT Mumbai, IIT Delhi, Indian School of Mines in Dhanbad and IIST in Trivadrum.
Career opportunities in Nuclear Engineering:
- Nuclear Engineers can get opportunities in various areas like Government sectors, Manufacturing plants, Research laboratories, Aerospace industries, Military areas and in Universities.
- Nuclear Engineers often work in teams with other scientists in nuclear power plants investigating the energy and power source development.
- According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Nuclear Engineering field will grow around 9% between 2012 and 2022.
- Minimum salary for any Nuclear Engineer is around Rs. 6, 00, 000 per annum.
8.Computer Science Engineering:
As we all know, this is the most chosen Engineering course which offers job opportunities in most of the MNCs around the world. Most of the toppers of JEE Main and JEE Advanced opt for Computer Science Engineering in the top IITs and NITs.
Career opportunities in Computer Science and Engineering:
- A Computer Engineer can not only work in software companies but also can take up careers in Hardware companies, Web designing companies, Database management companies and so on.
- The average minimum salary for any computer engineer is Rs.20, 000 to Rs.25, 000 per month.
- If the candidate has successfully completed CSE from IITs, then his starting salary package will be around Rs.10, 00,000 to Rs.11, 00,000 per annum.
Thus, choose the best course which will change your lifestyle and make you stay proud always. All the best for cracking JEE Main!!
|1||SITYOG Institute of Technology, Aurangabad.|
|2||Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana Ambala, Haryana.|
|3||Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Sadopur Village, Chandigarh National Highway, Ambala|
|4||Lingaya’s University, Nachaull, Old Faridabad-Jasana Road,|
Faridabad – 121 002.
|5||Delhi Technical Campus, Bahdurgarh, Jhajjar|
|6||Amity School of Engineering, Manesar, Haryana.|
|7||Jagannath University, Jhajjar, Haryana|
|8||Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Vill – Lado, Sultanpur Road, Solan|
|9||Amity School of Engineering, Gwalior|
|10||ITM university, Gwalior|
|11||Peoples University, Bhopal|
|12||Techno Global University, Sironj, Distt. – Vidisha.|
|13||Techno Global University, Shillong.|
|14||Lovely School of Technology, LPU Campus, Phagwara|
|15||Amity School of Engineering, Jaipur|
|16||Jyoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University, Vedant Gyan Valley, Vill –|
|17||Jagannath University, Chaksu, Jaipur.|
|18||Bhagwant University, Sikar Road, Ajmer.|
|19||Jodhpur National University, Narnadi Jhanwar Road, Jodhpur.|
|20||Dr. K N Modi University, Industrial Area, Newai, Distt Tonk|
|21||Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule University, RIICO Industrial Area, Tala|
|22||Mewar University, Gangrar, Chittorgarh.|
|23||Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur.|
|24||Vivekananda Global University, VIT Campus, Jagatpura, Jaipur.|
|25||Vel Tech Technical University, # 42, Vel Tech Road Avadi,|
|26||Shobhit University, Gangoh campus, Saharanpur|
|27||Amity School of Engineering, Gomati Nagar, Lucknow.|
|28||Amity School of Engineering, Amity University Campus, Noida.|
|29||School of Engineering Sharda University, Knowledge Park, Greater Noida.|
|30||Shobhit Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dulhera Marg,|
Roorkee Road, Meerut -250 010
|31||DIT University, Mussoorie Diversion Road, Dehradun.|
|32||Techno Global University, Salt Lake, Kolkata.|
|Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITM & IIITDM)|
|1||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior (M.P.)|
|2||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kanchipuram, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)|
|3||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Amethi, Allahabad (U.P.)|
|4||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad (UP)|
|5||Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur (M.P.)|
|6||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati (Assam)|
|7||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota (Rajasthan)|
|8||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City, Chitoor (A. P.)|
|9||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara (Gujarat)|
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)|
|1||National Institute of Technology , Agartala (Tripura)|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (U.P.)|
|3||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh|
|4||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MP)|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela)|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (West Bengal)|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Goa|
|9||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)|
|10||Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)|
|11||Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab)|
|12||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)|
|13||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)|
|14||National Institute of Technology, Manipur|
|15||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya|
|16||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram|
|17||National Institute of Technology, Nagaland|
|18||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)|
|19||National Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)|
|20||National Institute of Technology, Puducherry|
|21||National Institute of Technology, Raipur (Chhattisgarh)|
|22||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (Odisha)|
|23||National Institute of Technology, Sikkim|
|24||National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam)|
|25||National Institute of Technology, Hazartbal, Srinagar (J & K)|
|26||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat)|
|27||National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Mangalore (Karnataka)|
|28||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Tamil Nadu)|
|29||National Institute of Technology, Uttrakhand|
|30||National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh)|
From this year the JEE (Main) 2014 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression. There is no requirement for sending Physical copy of Application Forms to JEE Main Board.
Considering this it is most important to fill up the online application form error free, else you have to wait till January to get an opportunity to rectify the JEE Main 2014 Online Application Form.
The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression may be made at JEE (Main) 2014 website.
Technical Specification of the Photograph:
It should be in JPEG format, size 4KB to 100KB and dimension 3.5cm x 4.5cm.
Please use this exact format else it may be rejected by the system. Once ready with the photograph the date of taking photo should be there at the bottom (any recent date within 30 days) of the photo. Photo should be recent one (say 30 days) and you should keep 6/8 copies with you for future requirement. While scanning see the photos taken good clarity and check it before uploading.
Practice Papers for JEE Main 2014
Practice Papers for JEE Advanced 2014:
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
- Candidates are also to note and verify for themselves the the eligibility for appearing in JEE (ADVANCED) – 2014 as well as eligibility for admission to various institutes. Being eligible to write JEE (Main) and by obtaining an all INDIA RANK IN JEE (Main), A candidate does not automatically become eligible for admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to the institutions in the states of Gujarat, Maharastra, Nagaland and Odisha, which where earlier admitting based on their state level examination, are also advised to verify their eligibility as per criteria laid down by these state governments.
- No. of Attempts and Age limit for the states of Maharashtra and Odisha:
Since the states of Maharashtra, Nagaland and Odisha have now joined JEE (Main) system from 2014. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will however be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.