About Mathura District :
Mathura is a sacred city in Uttar Pradesh, northern India. The deity Lord Krishna is said to have been born on the site of Sri Krishna Janma Bhoomi, a Hindu temple. Dotting the Yamuna River are 25 ghats (flights of steps down to the water), of which Vishram Ghat is considered the holiest. Sati Burj is a 16th-century memorial tower. Dwarkadhish Temple has a carved entrance and a black-marble idol of Lord Krishna
District at a Glance :
- District –
- Headquarters –
- Total –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Population –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Male –
- Female –
- Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) –
- Density (Total, Persons per sq km) –
- Official Website –
Tourist Places :
Govardhan Hill :
Govardhan Hill is situated at a distance of 22 km from Mathura. It has been stated in the Holy Bhagwat Gita that according to Lord Krishna, Govardhan Parvat is not different from him. Therefore, all his worshipers worship the pure rocks of the hill just like they worship his idol. The hill is made up of sandstone and stands 80 ft tall with a circumference of 38 km. Some interesting places one gets to visit the hills including Mansi Ganga, Mukharvind, and Daan Ghati.
History says that Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Hill during his childhood on one finger to save his village of Mathura from fierce rains and thunderstorm. This hill is thereby considered holy and is visited by worshipers on Guru Purnima, Govardhan Puja in devotion by walking 23 km barefoot around the mountain. After Lord Krishna had saved his village, he told everyone to worship the hill which is why Govardhan Puja is a day after Diwali. It is a serene place, and definitely, a must visit!
Dwarkadheesh Temple :
The temple was constructed in the year 1814 by the treasurer of the Estate of Gwalior, Seth Gokul Das Parikh. The temple lies nearby Vishram Ghat. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Since Lord Krishna is also referred to as ‘King of Dwarka’, hence the temple got its name. Lord Krishna and Radha are the primary deities in the main shrine of the temple. The temple has paintings and carvings inside which give an ethereal look to the temple. Visitors from all over visit the place especially during the festival of Janmashtmi.
The temple comprises of the deity of Lord Krishna which is composed of black marble and the idol of Radha which is made up of white marble. The temple is massive and has a main building which is large and covered with an entrance which is constructed in Rajasthani style. The entrance has sharp steps which lead to the courtyard of the temple. Many God and Goddesses are present inside which make the temple all the more attractive and exquisite.
Multiple theerthams present here are well known as ghats with 25 of them present today in Mathura are related to Lord Krishna. It is believed that performance of certain rituals here can get rid one of all past wrongdoings and hence is visited by numerous devotees.
A visit to all 25 ensures a complete pilgrimage of Mathura
Preparation for JEE Main 2016:
As all Indian aspirants know, Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) is a national level entrance test conducted for the admission to the various government and private institutions like NITs (National Institute of Technology) and IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology). Students who score well in JEE Main exam will be able to get admission in Engineering and technical courses in top most colleges of the country.
About JEE Exam:
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a two tier examination in which first stage of exam is “JEE Main” and the second stage of the exam is said to be “JEE Advanced”. JEE Main is the entrance test which is a gateway for the B.Tech courses offered by the famous institutes like IIITs and NITs. Whereas, those who clear JEE Main exam are eligible to take the JEE Advanced entrance test which is a gateway for engineering courses in the institutes like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) (Ultimate dream institute for many Indian students)
But before start preparing for JEE Main 2016, it is important to know the following details about the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2016.
- Candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics in their Class 12
- They must have compulsorily studied any of the following subjects: Computer Science, Bio-technology, Chemistry and Biology and should have secured minimum 50% of marks in all the subjects.
- Candidates must have born on or after October 1991.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equal qualifying exam in 2014 or 2015.
- You can download JEE Main 2016 Admit card on March 2016(Tentative date).
- Tentative dates for JEE Main 2016 exam are:
Online Test: April 2016
Offline Test: April 2016
- You can check the complete Application procedure for JEE Main 2016 in the official portal of JEE Main 2016.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2016?
Please ensure the Pattern and Syllabus for the JEE Main 2016 examination. In order to score well in this exam, you must be very clear about the pattern and syllabus of the examination. Also please note the following details which are very important for the candidates who are taking this exam.
Please make note of the following link for checking the syllabus of JEE Main 2016:
- Total duration for the JEE Main 2016: 3 hours
- Total Questions: 90
- Maximum marks: 360
- Paper 1 sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (BE/B.Tech)
Objective type of questions and equal marks for all the above subjects. This section can be written using pen and paper based or computer based.
- Paper 2 sections: Physics, Chemistry & Drawing and Aptitude test(B.Arch/Planning)
Objective type of questions in above subjects including aptitude questions and drawing. This section can be written only using pen and paper.
- Marks for correct answer: +4
- Marks for wrong answer: -1
- Zero marks will be considered for “No answer”
You need to download the application form the official JEE apex board. Candidates who are going to take up JEE Main 2016 exam must note that Paper I will be held both in online and offline mode. Please choose the mode in which you like to appear.
For guaranteed success in the JEE Main 2016 exam, it is important to prepare in the following manner
- Plan according to each subject.
Plan according to each subject:
This is very important thing to score well in this exam. Give equal importance to all subjects and plan accordingly. You can also refer the following books.
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
H.C.Verma volume 1 and 2
R.D.Sharma Objective Volume 1 and 2
Play with graphs by Amit M aggarwal
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
Organic: Morrison and Boyd
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
- Plan and schedule your subjects. Schedule atleast 2 hours for every subject and learn according to that. More you strive hard, more you can score high in JEE Main 2016.
- Start to learn new things at the beginning since it gives hopes and concentration in the subjects.
- Give a ten minutes break after you complete each subject and then start with the next one.
- Revise your earlier portions every morning and then start the present day’s portion.
- If it is mathematics, please don’t hesitate to try the same in your rough note. Things change when you try on your own.
- Try to spend more time for difficult subjects and make them thorough and confident.
- Try to refer to previous years question papers like JEE Main 2013, JEE Main 2014, JEE Main
- You can find such question papers with solutions in the following links
However your study method is, the most important part of your learning is practice. The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
As said above, practice your subjects very carefully.
- For mathematics, try to solve the solution on your own. Try to solve everything without referring the books.
- For chemistry or Physics, try to solve the equations on your own.
- For other subjects plan and practice accordingly.
- Never postpone your schedule. Please try to complete the scheduled syllabus within the same day.
Revise your previous lessons daily and also schedule to revise once in every week. This will Brush up your memory and make you feel more comfortable with the subjects.
Special Tips for JEE Main 2016:
- If you have already started taking coaching for JEE Main in any coaching centre, be regular and keep practicing.
- If you have not yet started to go to coaching class, it’s never too late. Start preparing right now.
- Always be in contact with your seniors. It’s good to know their experience facing the JEE Main
- Around 45% of JEE Main aspirants wish to take online coaching than any direct coaching centre.
- You can make best use of internet by taking part in the mock test, watching video lectures, taking online exams, etc.
You can check the following link for taking mock test of JEE Main 2015
- Please make note of all the important topics in all subject. Concentrate more on that.
Hope these tips will help you crack the JEE Main 2016 exam. Be confident and cool. Make efficient use
of time. All the best for cracking JEE Main 2016!!
JEE Main Exam:
Joint Entrance examination (JEE Main) is a very important national level engineering entrance exam for the admission to the top most engineering colleges in India. JEE Main is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) which declared JEE Main exam as the common entrance examination in the place of AIEEE and IIT-JEE.
JEE Main is conducted in two types. JEE Advanced which is carried out for the admission to the top Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and JEE Main is carried out for the admission to the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) , National Institute of Technology (NIT) and Central Funded Technical Institute (CFTI).
JEE Main consists of two papers such as
Paper 1 which is for the admission to the B.E and B.Tech
Paper 2 which is for the admission to the B.Arch and B. planning
Upcoming JEE main exam and Important dates:
- JEE Main online application starts from first week of November 2015
- Last date for the online application: Last week of December 2015
- Application checking: January 2016
- Issuance of Admit card: March 2016 onwards
- JEE Main pen and paper based test: First week of April, 2016
- JEE Main computer based test: Second or third week of April, 2016
- Displaying OMR sheet and answer key on: Fourth week of April, 2016
- Result declaration: First week of July 2016
- Availability of score card: As soon as the results are declared, score cards will be available from official site of JEE Main.
How to apply for JEE Main 2016?
- Visit JEE Main official website http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/welcome.aspx during the first week of November, 2015.
- Register for JEE Main You will be getting a username and password to your registered email id.
- Now log in with that username and password. Fill in all the details such as name, father’s name, choice of test city, paper preferred, application number, roll number of 12th board examination, certificates of 10th and 12th, etc.,
- Upload your digital photograph along with your left thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Pay the application fees either through debit or credit card.
- Click on submit button.
- Take a copy of confirmation page.
- General and OBC candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1991.
- There is no minimum age limit for JEE Main exam
- Candidate must have cleared 12th board exam or equivalent qualifying exam with PCM group as their major subjects.
- He/she must have cleared all major subjects with more than 50% of marks.
- Students are allowed maximum of three attempts in JEE Main exam
Pattern and Syllabus:
JEE Main exam are conducted both in online and offline mode.
Online vs offline exam:
- Online test is the most preferred test mode for most of the students. This is because, in online mode it is easy to change the answer (By just tapping other radio button), facility to check the quick view of unanswered questions, navigation between the questions, etc.,
- Students taking online exam will get more time for JEE Main preparation since they are conducted only after offline exam.
- Online exam application fee cost less than offline exam.
- Even exam authorities are trying to bring more students in online mode which helps to cut down money and time.
Pattern for JEE Main 2016:
Total duration of the exam: 3 hours
Total questions: 90
Maximum marks: 360
Each correct attempt carries +4 mark
Each incorrect attempt carries -1 mark
No marks for unanswered questions
Paper 1 consist of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Paper 2 consist of Physics, Chemistry, Drawing and aptitude test, Mathematics
For AIPMT Syllabus and free practice papers with year wise you can follow the below url:
Admit card for JEE Main 2016:
Admit card for JEE Main 2016 will be available from March 2016 onwards. This Admit card contains important details of the student such as name, father’s name, date of birth, choice of city, paper choice, examination date, venue, etc. This is a very important document which must be kept safely even after the exam gets over.
You can download the admit card from the official site of JEE Main (i.e., http://www.jeemain.nic.in)
While downloading, students have to provide their application number and password which you would have received during the time of registration. Admit card is available only to those who have updated their board exam roll number while registration.
If you have not updated your roll number, please visit the following link:
JEE Main is planned to be conducted on April, 2016. Results are expected to be declared on first week of July, 2016. On the basis of the marks secured in JEE Main and 12th board exam (60% and 40% marks respectively) separate rank list will be declared for B.E and B.Planning courses.
Ranks cards will be available for download which consist of details such as:
- Category rank of the candidate
- State rank of the candidate
- All India rank of the candidate
Counselling for JEE Main:
CBSE releases the meritorious students list as soon as the results are announced. JEE Main counselling is to be done through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOAA) which allows students to select their seat preference and courses according to the ranks secured.
As soon as the results are announced, you can find the official announcement of Counselling for JEE Main in the website of JOAA. Only those candidate who has secured higher marks than the cut-off benchmark, will be called for the counselling process.
Steps for counselling:
- JEE Main counselling registration
- Fill your choice of college and course
- Locking of your choice
- Allotment of seat
- Payment of fees
- Reporting to the reporting centres
- Reporting to the allotting institute
For the year 2015, JOAA was about to fill 10006 in IIT’s, 17390 seats in NIT’s, 2228 seats in IIIT’s and 3741 seats in the GFTI’s.
Students, who have not selected in IIT’s and NIT’s don’t panic. There are lot of best private and Government colleges in India which accepts JEE Main scores.
Other option is, if you are among the top 1, 50,000 students in JEE Main ranks, there is also a possibility to attend JEE Advanced examination which leads to the admission of top IIT’s of the country.
[av_promobox button=’yes’ label=’Click Here to Know More’ link=’manually,/jee-main-2014-offline-online-question-paper/’ link_target=’_blank’ color=’red’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ size=’small’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Do you know that in the 2014 JEE Main examination 12 questions were exactly matched and many more pattern matches with Entranceindia’s JEE Main Preparatory Course
- It is of utmost importance that all instructions and the JEE Main 2015 Bulletin must be read well before filling the form and clarity is sought on each point.
- The candidate must fill in only one form on the official website of JEE Main 2015 i.e. www.jeemain.nic.in. Multiple forms from any candidate will not be accepted and there may be rejection of the original form.
- The candidate should fill in the form online. Hard copies of the form are not accepted. JEE Main 2015 Forms are to be filled online only.
- The candidate must fill all particulars in the JEE Main 2015 Application Form correctly.
- The name of the candidate and his/her parents name in the application form must exactly be the same as registered in Class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examination. No prefix or title such as Mr/Shri/Fr/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Col, etc. should be used.
- The candidate must fill information in all sections correctly. No options can be changed at a later stage after submission of an application. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct/modify some of the particular(s) of the application form online only, with valid reason(s), during the month of Jan 2015. No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc. Hence, care should be taken for not updating any wrong information.
- The JEE Main 2015 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also need to upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression online. Due to above, the provision of sending hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to the JEE (Main) office has been discontinued. Therefore the candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
- The marks of Class 12th /equivalent qualifying examination will be displayed on the website of JEE Main during the second week of June 2015. The candidates have to verify these marks and confirm it on the website. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates should upload the copy of the mark-sheet online only latest by 25th June 2015 on JEE Main website.
- In case of change in qualifying examination marks due to re-totalling/verification/result revision, the candidate should ensure to upload the copy of the revised mark-sheet online only latest by 25th June 2015 on JEE Main website. The revised mark-sheet will not be accepted after 25th June 2015 for whatsoever reason.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail.
Note: It is in candidate’s own interest they should take printout of JEE Main 2015 Information Bulletin and fill particulars in a format given inside the bulletin before filling online application. This process will reduce the mistake and helpful for candidates who fill the online application form at browsing centres. Last year many applications rejected for mistakes in data and most of them are filled at browsing centres. Check your photograph format before uploading. The format is mentioned in JEE Main Information Bulletin.
|Central/State Government Funded Institutions|
|1||Assam University, Silchar (Assam)|
|2||Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand)|
|3||Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (Uttarakhand)|
|4||Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi (U.P.)|
|5||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research & Management, Ahmedabad|
|6||Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishawavidyalaya, Bilaspur (C.G.)|
|7||J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad- 211002 (U.P.)|
|8||Mizoram University, Aizwal-796009|
|9||National Insitute of Foundary & Forge Technology, P.O. Hatia, Ranchi (Jharkhand).|
|10||School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)|
|11||School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi)|
|12||School of Planning and Architecture, Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh)|
|13||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra-182320 (J & K)|
|14||Tezpur University, NAPAAM, Tezpur (Assam)|
|Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs, IIITM & IIITDM)|
|1||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior (M.P.)|
|2||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kanchipuram, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)|
|3||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Amethi, Allahabad (U.P.)|
|4||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad (UP)|
|5||Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur (M.P.)|
|6||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati (Assam)|
|7||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota (Rajasthan)|
|8||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Sri City, Chitoor (A. P.)|
|9||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara (Gujarat)|
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)|
|1||National Institute of Technology , Agartala (Tripura)|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (U.P.)|
|3||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh|
|4||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MP)|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela)|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (West Bengal)|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Goa|
|9||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)|
|10||Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)|
|11||Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab)|
|12||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)|
|13||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)|
|14||National Institute of Technology, Manipur|
|15||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya|
|16||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram|
|17||National Institute of Technology, Nagaland|
|18||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)|
|19||National Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)|
|20||National Institute of Technology, Puducherry|
|21||National Institute of Technology, Raipur (Chhattisgarh)|
|22||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (Odisha)|
|23||National Institute of Technology, Sikkim|
|24||National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam)|
|25||National Institute of Technology, Hazartbal, Srinagar (J & K)|
|26||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat)|
|27||National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Mangalore (Karnataka)|
|28||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Tamil Nadu)|
|29||National Institute of Technology, Uttrakhand|
|30||National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh)|
- From this year the JEE (Main) 2014 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression may be made at JEE (Main) 2014 website . The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form.
Technical Specification for the Signature:
- Thumb Impression of Candidate should be in JPEG format
- File size should be: 1KB to 30KB
- File dimension: image 3.5cm width x 1.5cm height
- Advised to take left hand thumb impression with good quality ink pad and check the scanned image for clarity. Check before uploading the scanned image. Any mistake made during upload may result in long waiting to rectify the mistake.
Practice Papers for JEE Main 2014
Practice Papers for JEE Advanced 2014:
From this year the JEE (Main) 2014 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression. There is no requirement for sending Physical copy of Application Forms to JEE Main Board.
Considering this it is most important to fill up the online application form error free, else you have to wait till January to get an opportunity to rectify the JEE Main 2014 Online Application Form.
The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression may be made at JEE (Main) 2014 website.
Technical Specification of the Photograph:
It should be in JPEG format, size 4KB to 100KB and dimension 3.5cm x 4.5cm.
Please use this exact format else it may be rejected by the system. Once ready with the photograph the date of taking photo should be there at the bottom (any recent date within 30 days) of the photo. Photo should be recent one (say 30 days) and you should keep 6/8 copies with you for future requirement. While scanning see the photos taken good clarity and check it before uploading.
Practice Papers for JEE Main 2014
Practice Papers for JEE Advanced 2014: