jee main online exam
Mathura District of Uttar Pradesh at a Glance
|Lok Sabha Constituencies in Mathura district, Uttar Pradesh (MP Constituencies)||Mathura|
|MLA Assembly Constituencies in Mathura district, Uttar Pradesh||Baldev
About Mathura District :
Mathura is a sacred city in Uttar Pradesh, northern India. The deity Lord Krishna is said to have been born on the site of Sri Krishna Janma Bhoomi, a Hindu temple. Dotting the Yamuna River are 25 ghats (flights of steps down to the water), of which Vishram Ghat is considered the holiest. Sati Burj is a 16th-century memorial tower. Dwarkadhish Temple has a carved entrance and a black-marble idol of Lord Krishna
District at a Glance :
- District –
- Headquarters –
- Total –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Population –
- Rural –
- Urban –
- Male –
- Female –
- Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) –
- Density (Total, Persons per sq km) –
- Official Website –
Tourist Places :
Govardhan Hill :
Govardhan Hill is situated at a distance of 22 km from Mathura. It has been stated in the Holy Bhagwat Gita that according to Lord Krishna, Govardhan Parvat is not different from him. Therefore, all his worshipers worship the pure rocks of the hill just like they worship his idol. The hill is made up of sandstone and stands 80 ft tall with a circumference of 38 km. Some interesting places one gets to visit the hills including Mansi Ganga, Mukharvind, and Daan Ghati.
History says that Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Hill during his childhood on one finger to save his village of Mathura from fierce rains and thunderstorm. This hill is thereby considered holy and is visited by worshipers on Guru Purnima, Govardhan Puja in devotion by walking 23 km barefoot around the mountain. After Lord Krishna had saved his village, he told everyone to worship the hill which is why Govardhan Puja is a day after Diwali. It is a serene place, and definitely, a must visit!
Dwarkadheesh Temple :
The temple was constructed in the year 1814 by the treasurer of the Estate of Gwalior, Seth Gokul Das Parikh. The temple lies nearby Vishram Ghat. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Since Lord Krishna is also referred to as ‘King of Dwarka’, hence the temple got its name. Lord Krishna and Radha are the primary deities in the main shrine of the temple. The temple has paintings and carvings inside which give an ethereal look to the temple. Visitors from all over visit the place especially during the festival of Janmashtmi.
The temple comprises of the deity of Lord Krishna which is composed of black marble and the idol of Radha which is made up of white marble. The temple is massive and has a main building which is large and covered with an entrance which is constructed in Rajasthani style. The entrance has sharp steps which lead to the courtyard of the temple. Many God and Goddesses are present inside which make the temple all the more attractive and exquisite.
Multiple theerthams present here are well known as ghats with 25 of them present today in Mathura are related to Lord Krishna. It is believed that performance of certain rituals here can get rid one of all past wrongdoings and hence is visited by numerous devotees.
A visit to all 25 ensures a complete pilgrimage of Mathura
JEE Main Online Exam Updates
|JEE Main 2015 Practice Papers|
|Preparatory Course||Rs. 1850/-
|Model Papers (15+1 Sets)||Rs. 990/-
|Model Papers (10+1 Sets)||Rs. 690/-
FAQs: JEE Main 2014 Online Exam
JEE Main Online Exam Centres: 5 Lacs candidates to appear from 235 Locations
JEE Main 2014 ; Computer Based Examination
The Computer Based Examination will be conducted as per the following schedule.
1. A sample/mock test will be available on JEE (Main) website in the month of December 2013 for practice purpose and to give the candidate look and feel of the Computer Based Examination (CBE).
2. The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
3. The test will be of 3 hrs duration
4. The test paper will be consisting questions of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and all questions will have equal weightage.
5. There will be three parts in the question paper consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having equal weightage.
6. Each question is allotted 4 (four) marks for the correct response. ¼ (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no response is indicated for a question.
7. There is only one correct response for each question out of four responses given.
8. All calculations/writing work are to be done only in the rough sheet provided at the centre and on completion of the test candidates must hand over the rough sheets to the invigilator on duty in the Room/Hall.
9. During the examination time, the invigilator will check Admit Card of the candidate to satisfy himself/herself about the identity of each candidate.
10. The candidates are governed by all Rules and Regulations of the Board with regard to their conduct in the Examination Hall. All cases of unfair means will be dealt with as per rules.
11. The candidates must sign on the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place.
JEE Main Sample Papers 2014
Joint Entrance Examination 2014 is the second Joint Entrance Examination after the first one was being conducted during the year 2013. During 2013 there was 14.5 Lacs students enrolled for the test both under online as well as offline mode. The exam is conducted in two modes: Online Computer Based and Offline Pen and Paper Based. Though there was less enrollments for online mode than offline mode it is expected that the online enrollments will rise during 2014 considering the advantages offered by the computer based system as well as the logistical difficulties faced by the candidates choosing for offline exam centres. Entranceindia.com offered Online Model Papers for JEE Main 2013 and out of total 90 questions asked in the examination there were 10 questions found same as given in our model papers. Our specialist teachers design the model papers based on the present exam trend, real exam mix and difficulty level asked in the real examination. We offer 15+1 Model papers for JEE Main 2014 and JEE Main 2014 Achiever’s Plan. Our Achiever’s Plan cover model papers as well as chapter-wise questions for whole JEE Main 2014 Syllabus (Class XI and XII). Students subscribing to this product will have opportunity to solve around 6000 questions before sitting for the real examination. Each chapter will have 3 levels of questions for improving the students knowledge from fundamental to analytical level. We also offer one free demo sample test for registered users.