LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI-600 034.
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – PLANT BIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2003
ZO 3100/ZOO 100 – ANIMAL DIVERSITY
9.00 -12.00 Max : 100 Marks
PART – A (10 ´ 2 = 20 Marks)
I Answer ALL the questions.
- What is rosetellum?
- Write the dental formula of man and rabbit.
- What is alternation of generation? Give an example.
- What are extra embryonic membranes?
- Mention the types of chordate eggs.
- Comment on Pecten.
- Write a note on bipinnaria larva.
- What is synsacrum?
- What is greengtand?
- write about the structure and function of radula.
PART – B (4 ´ 10 = 40 Marks)
II Answer any FOUR of the following
- Describe the reproductive system in leech.
- Explain the lifecycle of Ascaris.
- Describe the reproductive system in rat.
- Explain the water vascular system in starfish.
- Explain the nervous system of Pila
- What is amoebic dysentry? How is it prevented and controlled?
PART – C (2 ´ 20 = 40 Marks)
III Answer any TWO of the following.
- DescribeGive in detail the lifecycle of Taenia solium
- Write an essay on migration of birds and flight adaptations.
- Write an essay on the appendages of prawn.
- Describe in detail the lifecycle of plasmodium vivax.