LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com.,B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPOR. SECRETARYSHIP
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
CO 2103 – BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE
(Also equivalent to BC 2100/CR 2100/3100)
Date & Time: 23/04/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Answer all the questions: (2×10=20)
1) What are the different kinds of enquiry letters?
2) How clarity is important for a business letter?
3) What is the role of a decoder in a communication loop?
4) State the meaning of status enquiry letters?
5) What are the essential features of an offer letter?
6) What is an agenda?
7) What are the essential features of a business order?
8) What is a circular letter?
9) Why do company’s write collection letters?
10) What are the features of a letter, rejecting a claim?
Answer any five of the following: (5×8=40)
11) What is internal and external communication?
12) If you as the chairperson for committee how will you go about organizing and
conducting a committee meeting?
13) List and explain the technological advancement in business communication?
14) What are the importances of time in communication process?
15) What are the features of a collection letters?
16) What are the optional features in the layout of a business letter?
17) What are the characteristics of a good classified advertisement?
18) What are the essentials of a good business letter?
Answer any two of the following: (2×20=40)
19) What are the barriers to communication and the means to overcome them with suitable
20) You are running a computer sales and service center. Write an offer letter to
NIIT”computer institute offering your service to their company?
21) Draft an application with your bio-data for the post of Human Resources Manager in Wipro