LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
DEGREE EXAMINATION –CORPORATE SECRETARYSHIP
FIRST SEMESTER – APRIL 2007
BC 1500 / CR 1501 – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Date & Time: 25/04/2007 / 1:00 – 4:00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
SECTION – A
Answer all the questions: (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- What is meant by an organization chart?
- Define M.B.O.
- With two examples give the meaning of off the job training.
- What is ZBB?
- What is meant by scalar chain of command?
- What is the implication of illumination experiments?
- Give any two differences between delegation and decentralization.
- What is span of control?
- List down the steps in communication process.
- Bring out two differences between policies and procedures.
SECTION – B
Answer any five questions: (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Why is delegation not accepted by subordinates?
- What are the various sources of recruitment. 13. Compare and contrast contributions of F.W.Taylor and H. Fayol to management.
- Explain the various principles of Direction.
- Define control. Explain its process.
- Explain the principles of a good organization.
- Define coordination. Explain the techniques of coordination.
- Define decision making. Explain the various types of decisions.
SECTION – C
Answer any two questions (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- Define planning. Assess its role in management. Explain its process.
- Explain the principles of management with suitable examples.
- What are the various styles of leadership? What are the qualities of a successful leader?