LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.B.A DEGREE EXAMINATION – BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
FIRST SEMESTER – NOV 2006
BU 1500 – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
(Also equivalent to BUA 500)
Date & Time : 01-11-2006/1.00-4.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Explain the following concepts in FIVE lines each (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
- Performance appraisal.
- Intrinsic motivation
- Democratic Leader
- Written communication
PART – B
Answer any FIVE questions (5 x 8 = 40 marks)
- Explain the principles of coordination.
- Explain the components of SWOT analysis.
- What is meant by line and staff Organization? State its merits and demerits.
- Explain the any four methods of Training and developing executives in an organization.
- Explain the steps involved in control.
- What is the contribution made by Frederick Taylor towards management thought?
- What is delegation of authority? What principles will you bear in mind while delegating authority?
- What problems you likely to encounter while communicating in an organization? How will you deal with these problems?
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions (2 x 20 = 40 marks)
- What is departmentation? Explain the basis for departmentation. Is departmentaion a good method in designing an organization?
- Explain clearly the Hygiene Motivator theory and the Expectancy theory of motivation.
- Explain the different types of planning. What obstacles you are likely face while planning?