LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI-600 034.
B.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ZOOLOGY
SECOND SEMESTER – APRIL 2003
ZO 2500/ ZOO 502 – CHORDATA
9.00 -12.00 Max : 100 Marks
PART – A (10 ´ 2 = 20 Marks)
- Answer ALL the following questions.
- Give the outline classification of class Reptilia.
- Draw a neat labelled pectoral girdle of varanus.
- What is a wheel organ?
- Comment on placoid scale.
- List four flightless birds.
- Give the dental formula of dog and man.
- What is a synsacrum?
- What are accessory respiratory organs? Give two examples.
- Comment on Hippocampus.
- Give the modifications of Draco volans.
PART – B (4 ´ 10 = 40 Marks)
II Answer any FOUR of the following.
- Explain the arterial system of shark.
- Briefly explain jaw suspensions.
- What is retrogressive metamorphosis? Explain with reference to Ascidia.
- Illustrate the male and female urinogenital systems of Calotes.
- Describe the venous system of rat.
- Briefly explain the different types of respiration in frog.
PART – C (2 ´ 20 = 40 Marks)
III Answer any TWO of the following
- Explain the organisation and affinities of Amphioxus.
- Write an essay on migration of birds.
- Parental care is exhibited by amphibians –
- a) Give the key to identification of poisonous and non poisonous snakes?
b)Give an account on snakevenom and biting mechanism.