LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
SIXTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2006
EC 6601 – MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
(Also equivalent to ECO601)
Date & Time : 21-04-2006/9.00-12.00 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
PART – A
Answer any FIVE questions in about 75 words each. (5 x 4 = 20 Marks)
- Write a note on banking commission of 1972 and merchant banking.
- Bring out the role of merchant banker in issue management.
- What is corporate counseling?
- Explain close end and open end schemes in mutual funds.
- How can a mutual fund be wound up?
- List out the various types of leases.
- Explain the role of hire purchase and transport industry in India.
PART – B
Answer any FOUR questions in about 250 words each. (4 x 10 = 40 Marks)
- List out the types of cards issued all over the country and names of the issuing authority.
- Evaluate the future of credit card in India.
- What is the methodology of credit rating?
- Explain the concept and characteristics of venture capital.
- What are the regulatory measures for hire purchase in India?
- What are the qualities of a merchant banker?
- How does the merchant banker help in capital restructuring?
PART – C
Answer any TWO questions in about 900 words each. (2 x 20 = 40 Marks)
- Evaluate the role and performance of merchant banks.
- Compare and contrast hire purchase versus leasing.
- Describe the mechanism of credit card system. Suggest means to regulate violations in this system.
- Explain the profile of Indian venture capital industry.