LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Com.& B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – CORPORATE SECRETARYSHIP
THIRD SEMESTER – November 2008
BC 3500 / CR 3500 – MERCANTILE LAW
Date : 06-11-08 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
SECTION – A
Answer ALL the questions. (10×2=20)
- What constitutes an offer?
- Is adequate consideration an essential for contract?
- Give the meaning of free consent.
- Define indemnity.
- List four benefits of life insurance policies.
- Who is a non-mercantile agent? Give examples.
- What is earnest money?
- State the rules regarding sale by auction.
- Who is a dealer under CST act?
- Give the meaning of penultimate sale.
SECTION – B
Answer any FIVE questions. (5×8=40)
- When is consideration or object unlawful?
- List the rights of a common carrier.
- How is an agency terminated?
- Explain the doctrine of caveat emptor and state the exceptions.
- Discuss the implied condition in a contract of sale of goods.
- Distinguish between interstate sales and intrastate sales.
- Write a note on registration procedure for dealers under CST act.
- Describe five popular life insurance policies.
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions. (2×20=40)
- “All agreements are not contracts but all contracts are agreements.” Discuss the statement explaining the essential elements of a valid contract.
- Enumerate the agreements that are contrary to the public policy.
- When is a seller deemed to be an unpaid seller? What are his rights?