LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
B.Sc., B.A.,B.COM. DEGREE EXAMINATION – MATHS, ECO.,SOCI.,ENGL., & COMM
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2012
CS 3206/CA3206 – MULTIMEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
Date : 09/11/2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 9:00 – 12:00
Part – A
Answer ALL the questions: (10 * 2 = 20)
- Define Multimedia.
- What is synchronization?
- What is meant Nyquist frequency?
- Define the term: Flat Noise.
- State the objective of JPEG.
- What are the three key parameters need to be considered for evaluating a compression system?
- What is Multimedia system service?
- Draw the diagram for Single server and Co-servers.
- Define MMV.
- What is meant by Authoring systems?
Part – B
Answer ALL the questions: (5 * 8 = 40)
- a) Briefly explain the multimedia and personalized computing.
- b) Write a short note on QOS architecture.
- a) Give a brief account on MIDI
- b) Give a detail note on Three-sensor and single-sensor color video camera.
- a) Write a short note on Temporal Access control.
- b) Discuss briefly about temporal transformations.
- a) Describe the goals of Multimedia system services.
- b) Explain about Media stream protocol.
- a) Explain about the issues facing the design of multimedia information.
- b) With a neat sketch, explain the architecture of HyOctane and Hy-time engine.
Part – C
Answer any TWO: (2 * 20 = 40)
- i) Explain the detail about uses of multimedia in geographical information systems and educational areas.(10)
- ii) Discuss in detail about analog video artifacts.(10)
- i) List out and explain any two Video Compression techniques.(10)
- ii) Explain in detail about the purpose of toolkits. (10)
- i) Discuss in detail about the Current state of the Industry.(10)
- ii) Explain in detail the framework for Multimedia systems. (10)