LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
M.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – SOCIALWORK
THIRD SEMESTER – NOVEMBER 2003
SW 3961 / SW 917–II – PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
05-11-2003 Max. : 100 Marks
1.00 – 4.00
SECTION – A
Answer ALL the questions. All the questions carry equal marks. Each answer should not exceed 50 words. (10 x 2 = 20)
- Define Personnel Management.
- Differentiate Recruitment and Selection.
- Differentiate Line function from a staff function.
- Name any 8 principles of management by Henry Fayol.
- Name any four conditions that an employer should Create to ensure Job Satisfaction.
- Differentiate Human Resources from the other resources
- Name any four qualities of an effective Personnel Manager.
- Explain the term: MBO
- Write a note on non-financial incentives.
- What is a Hot Stove Rule in rewarding and punishing?
SECTION – B
Answer any FOUR question. Answer each question in about 300 words. (4 x 10 = 40)
- Explain the terms Job Description and Job specification with examples.
- Describe the process of managing change through human resources.
- Discuss the importance of Job Evaluation and Compensation Administration.
- Explain the procedures for formulating and reviewing HR policies, with suitable examples.
- Examine the application of Corporate Social Responsibility in Organizations.
- Describe the different methods of performance appraisal.
SECTION – C
Answer any TWO questions. Answer to each question not to exceed 600 words. (2 x 20 = 40)
- Describe the different approaches to Management as listed out by Koontz and O’Donnel.
- Justify the use of training function and elaborate on the various methods of training.
- Analyze the recent developments in the theory and practices of managing people.