LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034.
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – economics and English
FourTH & third SEMESTER – APRIL 2003
ht 4203 / ht 3103 / his 203 / his 103
9.00 – 12.00 Max : 100 Marks
PART – A (10´ 2=20 marks)
Answer any TEN of the following in not exceeding FIVE lines each.
- Rule of Law.
- Government Order.
- Red Tapism.
- Operation Black Board.
- Deficit Budget.
- Aptitude Test.
- Crisis Management.
- Single Transferable Vote.
- Performance Appraisal.
- In-service Training.
PART – B (4´ 10=40 marks)
Answer any FOUR in not exceeding ONE page each.
- Define Public administration and its significance.
- Explain the distinctions between the Private and Public administration.
- Write a short note on the main functions of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
- Point out the important functions of the Secretariat.
- Define the meaning, significance and its functions of the administrative adjudication.
- Explain the role of the Cabinet in formulation of Government’s policies.
PART – C (2´20=40 marks)
Answer any TWO of the following in not exceeding FOUR pages each.
- Discuss the powers and functions of the President of India.
- Evaluate the fundamental rights and its implications.
- Assess the recruitment, training and functions of IAS.
- Evaluate the meaning and functions and significance to Delegated legislations.