LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034.
B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION – ECONOMICS
THIRD SEMESTER – APRIL 2003
HT 3100 / HIS 100 – select constitution of the WORLD
9.00 – 12.00 Max : 100 Marks
PART – A (10´ 2=20 marks)
Answer any TEN of the following in exceeding FIVE lines each.
- Privy Council.
- Two party system.
- Coalition Government.
- Double Citizenship.
- Rule of Law.
- Question Hour.
- Federal Tribunal.
- Unitary state.
PART – B (4´ 10=40 marks)
Answer any FOUR of the following in ONE page each.
- Explain the salient features of the USA Constitution.
- Briefly explain the powers and functions of the Crown.
- Write a short note on the impeachment procedure of the President of the USA.
- Give an account of the composition powers and functions of plural executives of Switzerland.
- Examine the peculiarities of the French Judiciary.
- Define Democracy and point out its merits and demerits.
PART – C (2´20=40 marks)
Answer any TWO of the following in FOUR pages each.
- Discuss the compositions functions and powers of the House of Lords and House of Commons.
- “The American Senate is the most powerful Upper House in the world” Examine this statement.
- Describe the Direct Democracy Devices in Switzerland.
Evaluate the powers , functions of the Presidency of France.