CENTRAL ARMED POLICE FORCE EXAMINATION
Central Armed Police Force Examination is mainly conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The examination is mainly conducted for the posts of Border Security Force, Central Reserve Police Force, Central Industrial Police Force, Indo-Tibetan Border Force and Sashastra Seema Bal The CAPF have own cadre of officers but organized by the Indian Police Service.
Candidate must be either
- Citizen of India
- Citizen of Bhutan
- Citizen of Nepal
Read Carefully Before Apply:
- Migrated to different countries intention in returning to India
- Male candidates are eligible candidates are appointed to five forces and female candidates are appointed for CRPF and CISF
- Candidate must have an age limit between 20 to 25 years. The age relaxations for the candidates are
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: Maximum of five years
- Other Backward Caste: Maximum of three years
- Ex-Serviceman: Maximum of 5 years
- Central Government Servants: Maximum of 5 years
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/Institution
- Candidate must be physically and mentally fit
The stages of exam are
- Written Test
- Personality Test
The syllabus of written examination is
General Mental Ability:
Logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
Scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology and Environmental Science.
Current Events of National and International Importance:
Current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalization, and interplay among nations.
Indian Polity and Economy:
Knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, including its indicators.
History of India:
Social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
Indian and World Geography:
Physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Essay, Precis Writing and Comprehension
Essay topic, arrange them in a coherent, orderly, concise, understandable and lucid manner in effective and grammatically correct language free from spelling errors.
Further, this shall test candidates’ ability to understand the given passages for précis writing and comprehension and their skills to summaries the précis passage and reply to the short-answered questions on the comprehension passage.
The written examination consists of two papers with 2 hours time duration with 200 and 150 marks respectively. The Paper I is objective type. The paper II I of essay writing in the prescribed language under the supervision of Commission.
Candidates selected in written Examination are moved to Physical test, Physical Efficiency Test and Mental Test. As per the norms given the notification, the candidates must have all the requirements. The test is conducted by the Nodal Authority under the supervision of Ministry of Home Affairs. After these tests, the candidates are summoned to Personal Interview. The Personal Interview will carry 200 marks.
How to apply
- Log onto the official website upsconline.nic.in
- Read the instructions
- Fill all the mandatory details
- Upload the photo and signature of the candidate
- Review the application
- Payment via Internet Banking, Credit/Debit Cards
- Submit the application
- Take the printout for future reference
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: