CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION
The Civil Services exam is a competitive exams conducted for Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Revenue Service .The depth Knowledge, language Competency, managing skills, decision making, positive approach toward a tough situation is needed for the applicants in these areas. Civil Services Examination is one of the toughest Examination which a less success rate. For 470 posts, the applications arrived will be of lakhs. Depending on the posts, there will be more competitions. The examination is conducted by a central agency.
- The candidate must be the citizen of India
- The candidate can be citizen of Nepal/Bhutan
- The candidate in India migrated to different Countries but must have a intension to returning permanently to the native
- A degree from a Recognized University/Institution
- Candidate appearing the final Examination can also apply but while appearing in next level the candidate must submit their certificates
- Candidate completed their MBBS degree but not completed their internship
- The age limit for the candidates is 21 to 32 years .In case of SC/ST candidates, the upper age limit is 37 years. For OBC candidates, the upper age limit is 35 years. The age relaxation may vary for reserved and physically challenged candidates
Number of Attempts:
The number of attempts may vary a follows
- OBC candidate and general candidates the attempts is 4
- OBC category candidates the attempts is 7
- Reserved and SC/ST, any number of attempts
The stages of selection are
- Preliminary Examination
- Written Examination
- Personality Test
The preliminary exam pattern consists of two papers of general studies and aptitude test with 200 marks and two hours time duration. The preliminary exam is for screening test only. The questions are of objective type. The syllabus for the two papers is,
Syllabus of Paper I -(200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Syllabus for Paper II-(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- The main exam consists of two papers with descriptive type papers with English and general studies whose marks are not counted for the main exam and other seven papers are descriptive papers with 250 marks and three hours time duration. The passing in two papers are mandatory. The interview score is of 275 marks. The medium of writing is English.
How to Apply
- Log onto the official website upsconline.nic.in
- Fill all the mandatory details
- Complete the Part I registration
- Upload the photograph and signature of candidate
- Agree to the declaration
- Using payment options pay the application fees
- Complete the application form
- Take the printout for future reference
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: