Babur in Indian History:
- Babur, the founder of the Mughal Empire, was the fifth descendant of Timur on Father’s side and the fourteenth descendant of Chengizkhan on mothers side.
- Babur was born in Farghana in Turkey on 14 Feb. 1483 as the som of Umer Sheik Mirza ad Qulik Nigarkhanum.
- Babur’s father Umershiek Mirza was the grand son of Amir Timur and the ruler of Farghana.
- Babur became the ruler of Samarkhand at the Age of 11.
- He captured Kabul in 1504.
- Then Babur attacked India 5 times for want of wealth.
- Babur’s first Attack of India was in 1519 Bhera was the first place captured by Babur.
- In 1524 Daulatkhan, Ibrahim Lodhi’s brother invited Babur to India.
- On 21 April 1526 Babur defeated Ibrahim Lodhi, the last Lodhi Sulthan in the First Battle of Panipat.
- On 16 March 1527 he defeated Rana Sangha of Mewar, in the Battle of Khanwa.
- The Rajputs in 1528 under Medini Raj of Malwa fought against Babur in the Battle of Chanderi, but were defeated.
- In 1529 the Afghans under Muhammed Lodhi fought against Babur in the Battle of Ghaghra but were defeated.
- In 1530 December 26, Babur died and was cremated at Kabul
- Babur was the first to use Artillery in India.
- His memoirs or autobiography ‘Tuzuk-i-Baburi or Baburnamah was written in Turkish language, Babur’s mothertongue.
- Babur said ‘I dont like India and Indians’.
- Babur was the first Mughal ruler to keep in hand the Kohinur Diamond.
- Babur was a contemporary of Krishnadeva Raya of Vijaya Nagara Empire.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: