About Kumuram Bheem District :
Asifabad District is carved out of erstwhile Adilabad District. It is surrounded by Adilabad, Mancherial, Nirmal districts and the Maharashtra state. Asifabad is being renamed as Komaram Bheem district after the legendary Gond martyr who was born in Ravte Sankepalli village near Asifabad.
Asifabad comprises 15 mandals and has two revenue divisions – Asifabad and Kaghaznagar. The district headquarter is located at Asifabad, a predominantly tribal town.
The railway line that connects the south and the north of India passes through Asifabad district. Sirpur-Kaghaznagar is a major railway station in the district. It has one RTC depot at Asifabad.
The district’s primary crops include rice, cotton and pulses. Singareni Collieries, Sirpur Paper Mills, many spinning and ginning mills form the industrial profile of the district.
Historically, the district had a glorious past. Asifabad was an important part in the scheme of things of its erstwhile rulers. Fossils of the pre-historic period excavated in and around Asifabad attach archeological importance to this place. Vatti Vaagu project, Gangapur Cave, Movvad village are some of the tourist attractions. Vatti Vagu project is a medium Irrigation project being constructed across Vatt Vaagu, a tributary of Pedda Vaagu which is in turn a tributary of Pranahita river in Godavari basin.
- Revenue Division : 2
- Revenue Mandals : 15
- Revenue Villages : 436
- Geographical area : 4367.25 Sq. Kms
History:Kumram Bheem (22 October 1901 – 8 October 1940) was a tribal leader who fought for the rights of tribals over jal (water), jungle (forest) and zameen (land).
* Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced that Adilabad district will be bifurcated and the new district will be named after tribal leader Kumram Bheem. Addressing a public meeting on the occasion of the 74th death anniversary of Kumram Bheem at Jodeghat in the district, KCR said the hillock in the village, where the leader died fighting the Nizam’s forces, will be developed into a tourist spot. He said the government will build a memorial at a cost of Rs 25 crore on 100 acres. The memorial will be ready within a year.
2. Public Representative Information
- Sri Godam Nagesh
Hon’ble Member of Parliament Adilabad Parliamentary Constituency.
- Sri Puranam Sathish
Hon’ble Member of Legislative Counsil of Adilabad.
- Sri Koneru Konappa
Hon’ble MLA Sirpur Assembly Constituency
- Smt Kova Laxmi Garu
Hon’ble MLA Asifabad (ST) Assembly Constituency
Mai: [email protected]
3. Tourist places
- Ganagapur Temple in Rebbena Mandal.
- Jodeghat village in Kerameri Mandal .
- Sapthagunda Water Falls in Sirpur- U Mandal .
- Pittaguda Water Falls, Mitte Water falls in Lingapur Mandal.
- Sri Kumram Bheem Project, Ada, Asifabad Mandal.
- Vattivagu Project, Chirrakunta, Asifabad Mandal.
- Samithulagundam waterfalls, Movad, Asifabad Mandal .
- Tonkini Temple at Sirpur-T mandal.
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates: